Pro Wrestling Only

Draft discussion, analysis and trash talk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, maybe I'll bring in Johnny Rich and Dave Haskins and have Southeastern version of the Von Erichs...

You'd mess with the Armstrong vs. Fullers, Hatfields vs. McCoys dynamic :)

Johnny, Davey & Scott Armstrong as The Party Boys in 1988 is the worst pretty boy babyface group I've ever seen. Especially with Scott wearing his big Coke bottle glasses on TV all the time.

Very true, maybe I'll bring in Johnny Rich and Dave Haskins and have Southeastern version of the Von Erichs...

You'd mess with the Armstrong vs. Fullers, Hatfields vs. McCoys dynamic :)

Johnny, Davey & Scott Armstrong as The Party Boys in 1988 is the worst pretty boy babyface group I've ever seen. Especially with Scott wearing his big Coke bottle glasses on TV all the time.

Luckily I think young Haskins doesn't debut until 1984, so will have to get back to the drawing board.

Just out of interest where do I stand with Ron Fuller is he my owner?

I know at this point Cornette hadn't done much, but for the area, his character to me opened up a lot of storyline possibilities. He fit better to me as a manager in the area than anyone else I could get, even though there were better and more established managers available. He can fill in on commentary too.

And never underestimate the importance of having nice looking programs. ;)

I thought a lot about making Barry Windham my #1 babyface in Southwest and taking him with the 2nd pick. I had enough backup options that I felt better taking the #1 tag team I wanted instead. Barry in Portland against Buddy Rose should be interesting.

To me Barry is basically an upgrade on Hennig who was there at the time, but with a wider range of possibilities because of his size.

I thought a lot about making Barry Windham my #1 babyface in Southwest and taking him with the 2nd pick. I had enough backup options that I felt better taking the #1 tag team I wanted instead. Barry in Portland against Buddy Rose should be interesting.

To me Barry is basically an upgrade on Hennig who was there at the time, but with a wider range of possibilities because of his size.

Sullivan goes on and on about how Barry was the best possible babyface to build a company around in 1984. This is close enough.

To me it was him, or Magnum as my 2nd choice, if I was going to go with a singles babyface for my 1st round pick. They both seem somewhat premature in 1983 but there's only so many options.

it's weird to think that because every territory had to have a #1 and #2 babyface basically. I know some were saved but there haven't really been any major surprises yet, guys who have a lot more value in 1983 then they do looking back in 2015.