Pro Wrestling Only

Draft discussion, analysis and trash talk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parv's strategy of using Andre to bring in talent meant that he had the leeway to go for a manager early.

Well it wouldn't work if there wasn't a mouthpiece / main antagonist bringing in heels through the rotating door.

But I also think Heenan is a franchise player you can carry a promotion on.

Bobby Heenan could had been the first pick in the draft and I would had thought it was a good pick.

Good to see the potential war over Maple Leaf Gardens be resolved in a peaceful manner. There's always the Capital Center if WWF needs a fourth arena to run.

I'm running Superstars tapings there. Ambitious, I know.

That is ambitious. So you're running weekly tapings? That's even more ambitious

Parv's strategy of using Andre to bring in talent meant that he had the leeway to go for a manager early.

I was preparing to select Heenan with my second pick. With him, you can use lesser guys in higher positions as heels, because he'll get them over easily. I was going to package him with Bock, then after that had run it's course, I was going to use him to get over other people against my top faces. He's almost like an 'easy button' for getting heels over.

Not sure if I pulled the trigger on Ace too early, but he's somewhat of a native to the area, is coming off wrestling for the WWF Title (for what that's worth), and I'm hoping can play face for a bit based on being from Kansas City, even if it's on the wrong side of the border. Might be asking too much of the fanbase, though.

I really debated drafting a full time tag team since I won't pick again until the end of the fourth round, but I really needed somebody who could be used as top babyface. Snuka was becoming insanely over in the WWF and the WWA has really not seen anything like him to this point so I think he could get over without a problem, especially with a guy like Larry Zbyszko bad mouthing him.

Who was announcing in Southeastern in 1983, Charlie Platt and Thatcher still?

I think Ric Stuart was there by then?

And Thatcher had left?

I think so. KrisZ should be able to clarify but I am pretty sure it was Platt/Stuart by July 1983.

Who was announcing in Southeastern in 1983, Charlie Platt and Thatcher still?

I think Ric Stuart was there by then?

And Thatcher had left?

I think so. KrisZ should be able to clarify but I am pretty sure it was Platt/Stuart by July 1983.

Excellent, thanks

I really debated drafting a full time tag team since I won't pick again until the end of the fourth round, but I really needed somebody who could be used as top babyface. Snuka was becoming insanely over in the WWF and the WWA has really not seen anything like him to this point so I think he could get over without a problem, especially with a guy like Larry Zbyszko bad mouthing him.

Considering what the state of the WWA roster was when you made your save pick, these are two huge building blocks.

This means war! I had just planned 4 months of storyline building up my biggest show ever based on Snuka!!!!!!!!!!!!!