Pro Wrestling Only

Draft discussion, analysis and trash talk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sure dkookypunk was going to take another Mid-South all star. Didn't see Muraco going to him at all. Muraco wasn't on my board but that might put someone else on mine who I didn't think I'd snag...

I'm still reeling. The one thing I knew coming out of this was that I would have Valentine, Martel and Muraco to build around. Now I am so out of it.

I had taken Duggan off of my board after seeing how the draft was going, especially seeing that dkookypunk was picking ahead of me in the 3rd. He is a little bigger than my ideal Tully foil but I couldn't pass him up.

I had taken Duggan off of my board after seeing how the draft was going, especially seeing that dkookypunk was picking ahead of me in the 3rd. He is a little bigger than my ideal Tully foil but I couldn't pass him up.

Fuck off.

You couldn't honestly have expected Duggan to slide to near the end of the 4th round. He's fresh off his babyface turn and was getting hot at this period.

I do however completely understand the sentiment and it's exactly what I felt when Tito went before my 3rd round pick. So if you're mad about not getting Duggan, pretty much blame WCCW.

My drafting plans are basically full-proof.

I might have waited a bit for Backlund, but I had an awfully long wait till 4th pick and didn't see him surviving 20+ picks.

There's still a lot of value on the board. There are some picks that I personally think have been stragically poor, but I'm not naming names or revealing which ones.

My drafting plans are basically full-proof.

I might have waited a bit for Backlund, but I had an awfully long wait till 4th pick and didn't see him surviving 20+ picks.

There's still a lot of value on the board. There are some picks that I personally think have been stragically poor, but I'm not naming names or revealing which ones.

We all know you think if someone can't be a national star then they aren't important. You don't have to tell us Eric Embry's name for us to know what you're about.

As an aside, I think Eric Embry has plenty of national star potential and would love to feature him any time that Portland would like on Southwest Championship Wrestling's nationally televised cable show airing on the USA Network at 11 A.M Sunday mornings!

I also think in a market where value is relative you are best off going for people who represent value to everyone. The regional stars are less important.

I realise I say that after just having made a slightly risk-averse Backlund pick, but I could see Backlund as a 6-year WWF champion having some value in other markets, especially those he'd worked in before like Florida or the West Texas area. And the doubt was enough for me to jump. But I still got him 3rd pick instead of 1 or 2.

Jimmy Hart was a great pick, certain others slightly less so because the players in question wouldn't have had much competition for them anyway.

From your perceived point of view. Yet almost no one who has been picked hasn't gotten a response of "damn I was hoping to get them" even Eric Embry or The Fabs if you're looking at me.

Some people just respect the traditions of the wrestling business and have no greater aspirations than to have a great talent roster for their area. Not everyone is looking at maps...

From your perceived point of view. Yet almost no one who has been picked hasn't gotten a response of "damn I was hoping to get them" even Eric Embry or The Fabs if you're looking at me.

Some people just respect the traditions of the wrestling business and have no greater aspirations than to have a great talent roster for their area. Not everyone is looking at maps...

It's like judging the NHL draft right after instead of waiting a bunch of years, it's hard to know.

Some picks now might seem weird but will become clear later on. Some people value different things in their promotion, etc...