Pro Wrestling Only

Draft discussion, analysis and trash talk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm OK with whatever you guys want to do. Only time I don't check this while I'm sleeping EST.

I pull my phone out fairly regularly at work so even that's not a problem.

Maybe people should start using sending short lists to other participants who then can draft for them. Specific directions in case of surprise draft picks being taken off the board.

I'm finding this extremely fun to check and I'm getting excited for what's to come.

I'm on PST, but I can pretty much check my phone whenever at work, so a shorter time isn't that big a deal.

Am I the only one drafting 'on the fly'? I have specific roles I'm looking to fill, but I'm also going 'best available player' to fill the most important of those roles. I think it allows me to roll with the punches a little more.

I know who I really want in the second round, but I'm not sure he'll be there, If he is, great, if not, I'll figure it out.

Are the retired workers available to draft? For instance, if I draft Terry Funk, does he become available again when he started wrestling again IRL, or are we doing some random thing with him? He's very tempting to take the chance on, kinda like drafting the running back who tore his ACL his senior year of college in the fourth round, you know?

I took a risk drafting Dundee there. He was not even on my radar as a pick, but when I saw him out there I couldn't pass on him. I think he sort of mastered the art of being a "regional" star and "studio" worker and in it's own way that is what Portland is about. Also his size won't be much of a hindrance in Portland like it would be elsewhere. I actually had someone who really figures into my plans who I passed on to get him. I'm holding out hope that person will be available in 11 picks. It's a risk.

I hesitated with the Dory Funk Jr. pick as Funk is in his 40s and I want to go with a younger roster of talented people, but I also want someone who can wrestle with anybody and help put over the best of that young talent when it's time to get them to the next level. Plus in hindsight we know we can get almost another 30 years out of him if need be

Some really good picks today! JHawk picking up Dory in attempts to lure Terry when he comes out of retirement is genius.

Boricua picking up Pedro makes complete sense for WWC. Dylan is building the best working roster in Buddy, Windham and Dundee.

Some really good picks today! JHawk picking up Dory in attempts to lure Terry when he comes out of retirement is genius.

Boricua picking up Pedro makes complete sense for WWC. Dylan is building the best working roster in Buddy, Windham and Dundee.

Yeah, I kept going over the wrestler list and though there are some better options (in a vacuum), Pedro was the best 'fit' for what I was looking for. I probably could have got him later but I wanted certainty for the top of my cards. And getting the most accomplished Puerto Rican wrestler makes sense for WWC.

I hesitated with the Dory Funk Jr. pick as Funk is in his 40s and I want to go with a younger roster of talented people, but I also want someone who can wrestle with anybody and help put over the best of that young talent when it's time to get them to the next level. Plus in hindsight we know we can get almost another 30 years out of him if need be

Good luck getting him to job though, I've seen Dory take one pin in about fifty matches. And it was the title loss to Race in 73.