Pro Wrestling Only

Trade deals

JerryvonKramer

In the spirit of dedhemingway's post, Southwest Championship Wrestling is planning a one night 8 team tournament for the Southwest Tag Team Championships on Friday, July 29th in San Antonio at The Freeman Coliseum. I have up to 4 slots available for tag teams from any promotion around North America that wants to send in talent. The finals are going to have to be 2 of my own teams due to storyline reasons but other than that I'm open to negotiations on finishes.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The International Wrestling Association is willing to send the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers to the tournament provided two conditions are met.

1. They look good in their match and aren't buried on the finish.

2. Pay, hotel and travel are provided by Southwest and are up to the standards Southwest demands for their talent.

I am confident that Joe Blanchard is more than willing to agree to these terms and look forward to working with him in the future.

Southwest Championship Wrestling would be thrilled to have The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers compete in it's Southwest Tag Team Title tournament, and we can guarantee that they will be placed into a semi-final match against the winning heel team and will look good on the finish.

I still have 3 spots left and will NOT make any substitutions once they are full.

Bret Hart and Davey Boy Smith would like to put their names in the hat as partners for the Southwest and Maple Leaf Tournaments.

We'll talk when dates are set.

Maple Leaf will present two annual wrestling tournaments. The Canada Cup on Canada Day, July 1st and the Frank Tunney Memorial Tag Team Tournament sometime in the late fall.

Southwest Championship Wrestling would love to have Jim Duggan or The Fabulous Ones featured on Georgia Championship Wrestling or on Omni shows. Jim Duggan makes a great Butch Reed tag team partner (or opponent)

Jim Crockett and Ric Flair want it known that he is always open to appear on other big shows around North America.

Flair was World Champion until June 10th and will surely eventually be again, so he'd be a great get for any competitive promotion to make their stars look major league.

Jim Crockett and Ric Flair want it known that he is always open to appear on other big shows around North America.

Flair was World Champion until June 10th and will surely eventually be again, so he'd be a great get for any competitive promotion to make their stars look major league.

He is so dedicated to that belief, that he has bought a front row ticket to Maple Leaf Wrestling's Canada Day Super Show featuring the Canada Cup! Flair is there, so should everybody else!

The deal with working GCW TV is it's taped on Saturday mornings and the only groups on here that tape at that time are Memphis & Southeastern so it's definitely easier for guys from everywhere to catch a flight and work WTBS in the morning then jet off to wherever for Saturday night

The deal with working GCW TV is it's taped on Saturday mornings and the only groups on here that tape at that time are Memphis & Southeastern so it's definitely easier for guys from everywhere to catch a flight and work WTBS in the morning then jet off to wherever for Saturday night

I have some guys who could be really over in Georgia. We will talk.

Just for the record I do plan on WWA switching to a studio taping on Saturday mornings (airing live in Indy and on a few hour tape delay the rest of the territory) but I'm willing to loan out one or two guys at a time to work TV for other companies we have agreements with (we can always air pretapes if we need those guys featured on our TV).

I appreciate that. The current plan is to make our big shows happen on Saturday nights and the live studio format is more conducive to that. For example, in 1983 it would have been around a 4 hour drive (maybe less) from Indianapolis to Chicago. It's easier to do TV in Indy at 11am and drive to the International Ampitheatre for an 8pm show than it would be to run two separate nights. Taping Saturday nights means doing the big show either on a Sunday night or during the week and I want to take advantage of kids and teenagers not having school the next day.

Southwest Championship Wrestling would like to announce that the majority of it's roster will be cycling out on a loser leaves town basis. This means a lot of guys I draft from now on will be in for 3-4 months and then out until they've been gone long enough to be fresh again. This means I will have a lot of guys I have rights to but no use for and would like to foster talent trading with any other territory that can see themselves running on a similar cycle type basis.

Anyone planning on cycling heel tag teams in and out to feed to their top babyface tag team is an ideal partner for me. I don't have The Moondogs but if I did would still rather not repeat history and run 100 straight Moondogs vs. Fabs matches.

Joe Blanchard would like to announce that he has immediately traded Tom Prichard to Southeastern Championship Wrestling in return for The Flame going to Southwest with Southeastern retaining a right to use The Flame for up to 50% of the period of his contract.

In an offer of good faith, Joe Blanchard had offered to give WCCW the first 3 weeks of David Von Erich to them to use for very little to nothing in return. Fritz Von Erich has ignored this offer just as he ignored the apology for Southwest running the highly successful opposition shows in Ft. Worth.

In response to this, Southwest Championship Wrestling would like to announce that David Von Erich is available from July 1st - July 26th (with the exception of a July 4th show where he will be working for Central States in the Missouri State Title Tournament) He can be used for 1 show or you can take him for the total of the 3 weeks (except July 4th). I will accept future dates for someone else in return for the use of David Von Erich.

Ideal people to send me would be foreign menace types for Jim Duggan.

Joe Blanchard and Southwest Championship Wrestling are proud as peacocks to announce that the hatchet with Fritz Von Erich and WCCW has been buried. Fritz didn't exactly acknowledge our apology, but he did accept our offer of David Von Erich for the first 3 weeks of July. To us this is a complete burying of the hatchet for all past, and perhaps any future, wrongdoings that may occur between The Blanchard & Von Erich families.

This is a great day for Texas wrestling and be sure to keep an eye on Southwest Championship Wrestling's flagship television show titled 'Southwest Championship Wrestling' where soon you can see the two dynasties of Texas merge when David Von Erich & Tully Blanchard finally compete in the same ring!

(This does not effect David's agreement to work the Missouri Title Tournament. He will still be there for Central States)

If I get the next person I want to draft, the WWA would like to send a representative to the tournament. I will contact you directly after my next pick either way if there is still an open spot.

Bret Hart and Davey Boy Smith would like to put their names in the hat as partners for the Southwest and Maple Leaf Tournaments.

Joe Blanchard apologizes for his oversight to this matter. He would like to know if the WWA is still planning to send a representative?

Southwest Championship Wrestling would also love to have Bret Hart & Davey Boy Smith compete in Southwest tag title tournament. Would Stu Hart have a problem with them losing in the opening round of the tournament to Tully Blanchard & David Von Erich? If that is a problem they could face The Fabulous Rougeaus who are in from Montreal, or The Assassins (Assassin #2 yet to be determined)

Southwest Championship Wrestling embarrassingly informs Stampede & International Wrestling that they will need to re-schedule the previously announced Southwest Tag Team Title tournament to two nights later. From Friday July, 29th to Sunday, July 31st. Joe Blanchard would like to apologize for the confusion and completely understands if this means you can no longer send a team down to San Antonio for our tournament. However, Southwest Championship would still be thrilled to have The Fabulous Rougeaus from Montreal and Bret Hart & Davey Boy Smith from Stampede competing in San Antonio on Sunday, July 31st.