Pro Wrestling Only

Trade deals

JerryvonKramer

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saito is better to have for a long run than Khan, but Khan helps me set the table for a strong heel side so Duggan gets to come in as the hero who saves the day.

I could have done the timing different to have Duggan face Khan himself but let's be honest, who would rather see Duggan vs Khan over Khan vs. Manny?

NWA Stampede Wrestling and NWA Maple Leaf Wrestling have agreed to a short-term talent exchange:

Wahoo McDaniel will appear on (4) upcoming Stampede shows (Thurs 7/21, 7/28, 8/11 and Fri 7/15) and Jerry Blackwell will appear on (4) Maple Leaf Wrestling shows (dates yet to be determined).

Just as a reminder, JCP is open to sending out Ric Flair to other promotions' major shows to give your shows star power and him more national visibility.

He'll cut some promos, draw some crowds, put on a clinic. A more agile Andre.

Especially interested in booking some outside tag teams in to face our champions or top contenders.

Contact lowblowpodcast and I if there is any interest here.

El Gran Apollo may well be featured on Superstars from time to time, possibly tagging with fellow developmental scheme candidate, Bret Hart.

I can throw in Mike Jackson and give you 2 young studs?

Actually he may have been under the 27 year age limit in 1983. Didn't start until 1979...can't find a birth date.

from the 6/20/83 WON:

Stu Hart and Jim Crockett have apparently reached a trade agreement involving the team of Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith coming down from Canada to work in the Carolinas and the Iron Sheik going up to Stampede for a select number of dates. Rumor has it that "Nature Boy" Ric Flair was also involved in the agreement, but sources did not confirm. No dates set yet.

PNW and Maple Leaf Wrestling are pleased to announce an arrangement whereby Bobby Bass and Ben Bassarab will split their time equally between the two promotions. More details to come in the coming weeks.

Joe Blanchard & Southwest Championship Wrestling are pleased to hear of this prosperous arrangement and having already done a number of these equal time agreements, would like to state that it is continuously open to offers & discussions regarding similar type deals from any interested parties.

Mike Jackson could also be had for TV tapings if proximity is close (Southeastern, Florida, Georgia, WCCW...I think beyond that might stretch the limits of reality) I tape on Mondays and as long as there is no conflict there, something could be worked out. I am not going to ask you for something ridiculous like Dusty Rhodes in return, someone of a slightly higher value or equal value is all I'm thinking.

The quick thinking staffs over at Southeastern & Mid-South Wrestling have already gobbled up this Mike Jackson offer and as Southeastern tapes on Saturday mornings, Southwest on Mondays & Mid-South every other Wednesday, that would make any other arrangements unrealistic. Mike Jackson will work Saturday morning TV tapings going forward for Southeastern & every other Wednesday evening in Shreveport for Mid-South tv tapings on what is essentially a "help me out later if I need it" deal.

The WWF and ICW are pleased to announce that they have agreed 50-50 co-ownership of the following workers:

Arn Anderson

Gene Anderson

Lars Anderson

Ole Anderson

This marks the first time in wrestling history that all four members of the great Anderson family have been united in one (make that two) place(s).

ICW is honored to do business with a gentleman of the caliber of Vincent J McMahon. Even though we are widely regarded as an 'outlaw' promotion, a partnership with the WWF brings a level of legitimacy and status that other promotions in the area (*cough* Memphis *cough*) are unwilling or unable to obtain.

Joe Blanchard and Southwest Championship Wrestling are pleased to announce that they have come to a monumental agreement with the American Wrestling Association!

This agreement will see Southwest Championship Wrestling recognize the AWA as it's official sanctioning body! The upcoming winner of the AWA title tournament will be referred to by Southwest Championship Wrestling as the undisputed World Champion!

As part of this agreement the AWA will receive upcoming dates on Tully Blanchard and Southwest will receive future dates on Sheik Adnan Kaissey and an agreement that Adnan will film promos for Southwest during AWA TV tapings and have them sent to San Antonio to air on Southwest Championship Wrestling's flagship television program 'Southwest Championship Wrestling' whenever one is requested.

Southwest Championship Wrestling will also now refer to it's championships as the AWA Southwest Heavyweight Title and the AWA Southwest Tag Team Titles.

ICW announces that Saturday, July 2nd and Tuesday, July 12th will be special ICW Reunion shows. Past and present stars of ICW will unite on these occasions. Besides the returns of Ronnie Garvin and Pez Whatley, in negotiations to appear are:

One Man Gang aka Crusher Broomfield (AWA)

Ox Baker (All Star Wrestling)

Rip Rogers (Championship Wrestling From Florida)

Bob Roop (Championship Wrestling From Florida)

Bob Orton, Jr. (Central States)

More announcements forthcoming, including dates and matchups.

I would like to let everyone know that certain WWC talent is available to work select dates on the Fourth of July weekend. Some dates have been booked, but there is still availabiliy on talent like Sgt. Slaughter, Jay Youngblood and the Invaders. Interested parties can contact the WWC booking office for more information.

Just a reminder that Jay Youngblood will not be available on July 4th itself, as he will be involved in the AWA World Title tournament in Minneapolis.

That is correct. Youngblood is available for dates on Jul 1-3 if anyone is interested.

UPDATE: Sgt. Slaughter is now booked from July 1-3, but is still available for July 4 (provided the travel distance is feasible from his July 3 commitment).

The International Wrestling Association is proud to announce that Andre the Giant will be appearing on July 30th, October 1st and December 31st in the Montreal Forum. In return the IWA is sending Steve Regal to the WWF for three months from July through the end of September. Frank Valois would like it to be known that Mr. Regal is available from October through December as well.

The WWF confirms that Steve Regal will be joining developmental scheme candidates Bret Hart, El Gran Apollo and Bobby Eaton on WWF Superstars and Challenge tapings for the next three months. Since Regal is 32 years old, he is not on the developmental scheme himself and therefore will also be working house shows and big arenas.

In other news, Vince McMahon Sr. has appointed long-time WWF wrestler Dominic Denucci to oversee the development of Hart, Apollo, and Eaton.

Denucci was reported to have been happy to take on these three youngsters and said "I canna notta waitta to teacha the-a Bret Hart the airplane spin"

Denucci then launched into his own version of that Italian classic "Shaddap Ya Face"

The WWF have also agreed a deal with Southwest Championship Wrestling that will bring Lord Alfred Hayes onto WWF television. Hayes will be the colour commentator alongside Gorilla Monsoon on WWF Challenge.

Did we? We talked about one I didn't remember a finalized deal however. Joe Blanchard himself is a gun jumper and will only smile in bemusement as he awaits contact from the WWF.