Pro Wrestling Only

Memphis

TravJ1979

This past TV did nice in setting up some of the bigger programs for your house shows... Enjoyed the Lawler/R&R vs. Sabu/Bruise Bros stuff....

Also, I've been reading in my league where someone has BigRed/Sweet Daddy Watts teaming, then I pop on here and see Big Red/Sweet Daddy O.... So I've come to the conclusion that Big Red just loves the Sweet Daddies no matter where I read, lol... To your credit, Sweet Daddy O is a WAY sweeter option than Watts.,... A guilty pleasure of a team for me, I suppose. Just happy to see someone using Levi Banks! Good stuff man.

Enjoying Mempho sir...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Championship Wrestling

[sHOWN LIVE] 7/16/1983

[sHOWN TAPED] 7/23/1983 in Louisville/Evansville

MSC STUDIOS

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

VIDEO_TS-title-0-ch-0-frame-417.jpg

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown with you here this Saturday morning gettin' ready for some Championship Wrestling! Dave, I believe we got a heck of a card going on today, am I right about that?"

Dave Brown: "You most certainly are Lance. Let me run down what we have for the folks today. First off we got a new combination and boy is it ever a big one, Plowboy Frazier and his partner Big Red. They'll be going against Apocalypse the masked man and Pat Rose. Austin Idol will be in action today taking on one half of the Bruise Bros, Troy Graham. And in the main event, a big six man tag, Ernie Ladd teaming with Duke Myers and Jesse Barr going against, King Cobra, Sweet Daddy O and Tommy Gilbert.

Lance Russell: "Wow, what a main event that'll be. That Ernie Ladd, boy I'll tell ya, he just won't let go of that nonsense he's got stuck in his head. I'd much rather seem him in the ring then out here with that stuff. However, we will have a couple of interviews here today with House of Humperdink and The King himself, Jerry Lawler. We'll start this thing going right after this commercial break!"

Lance Russell: "We're back and ready to get started. Dave?"

Dave Brown: "In the ring now, with a combined weight of NINE-HUNDRED Pounds!, Big Red and Plowboy Frazier; and their opponents, hailing from parts unknown, Apocalypse and his partner Pat Rose! Your referee is Jerry Calhoun.

Match: Big Red and Plowboy Frazier make short work of Apocalypse and Rose. Red pins Apocalypse after a big splash.

>After the match, The House of Humperdink come out for their interview.

HUMPERDINK: "Hey, you two big idiots. You may have won here today, but you aren't gonna be so lucky this week when you face my Japanese Assassins!"

"Those two punks are in for a surprise, Banana nose!"

LANCE: "Now Oliver, you and your guys are scheduled to be out here, but not right now."

HUMPERDINK: "Listen here, Jack. The House of Humperdink does what they want when they want! This is a big week for us. Not only are my Japanese Assassins gonna chop those two idiots down to size, Duke Myers and Jesse Barr are gonna take down those snot nosed punks, the Rock and Roll Express!"

LANCE: "Remember now, that's a non title match!"

HUMPERDINK: "Yeah, yeah. I know all about that. Eddie Marlin and Jerry Jarrett do everything they can to protect the Express, but I'll tell you this. Once we beat them they won't have any choice, but to give us a tag title shot!" That one may be non-title, but you forgot about my man, Pork Chop Cash!"

LANCE: "Yes, he'll be going for that Mid-America Title held by, Austin Idol, but I'm tellin' ya that ain't gonna be no easy task!"

HUMPERDINK: "What are you saying? Are you saying my man Pork chop Cash is gonna be easy for Idol?"

CASH: "Yeah, Russell. Am I a push over?"

LANCE: "No, No Cash. Now I didn't say that, all I'm saying is that Idol is a tough customer like you and it won't be an easy one."

HUMPERDINK: "Forget about him, big man. The House knows you got it in the bag." "Now. Last but not least. After weeks of Lawler dodging and ducking and doing everything in his power to keep that title over Sabu the Wildman, this week he's gonna have nowhere to hide! A 15 foot high steel cage!"

LANCE: "Now that cage is as much to keep you and your men outta the ring as it is to keep the participants in .."

HUMPERDINK: "What? We don't need to be kept out. We never interfere in any matches. We don't have to!"

LANCE: "Yeah ... Right."

HUMPERDINK: "You just remember one thing. When you cage a wild animal ... it gets meaner!"

LANCE: "We'll be back after these messages"

>> Lance Russell runs down the card for the Mid-South Coliseum: 8 Big Matches

ABE JACOBS vs. RICK ROOD
TOMMY GILBERT/KING COBRA vs. APOCALYPSE/PAT ROSE
BIG RED/PLOWBOY FRAZIER vs. JAPANESE ASSASSINS
ROCK-N-ROLL EXPRESS vs. DUKE MYERS/JESSE BARR in a Non-Title Match
BUDDY LANDELL vs. KEN RAPER for the AWA International Title.
ERNIE LADD vs. SWEET DADDY O
AUSTIN IDOL vs. PORKCHOP CASH for the Mid-America Title.
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER vs. SABU in a STEEL CAGE for the Southern Heavyweight Title

Dave Brown: "Entering the ring now, from Las Vegas Nevada, The Universal Heart Throb, Austin Idol! His opponent, one half of the Bruise Bros., Troy Graham. Your referee is Paul Morton.

Match: Austin Idol and Troy Graham wrestle to a Double Disqualification after both Porkchop Cash and Jerry Lawler interfere.

>> After the match, Jerry Lawler and Austin Idol go to the desk.

LAWLER: "Ya know, Lance. I'm sick and tired of Humpty Dumpty and all his goons out here every week interfering in matches. They interfere in my matches, Austin Idol's matches .. it's gonna stop! You're right about one thing Humpty Dumpty. Animals do get meaner when you cage them and this week you're gonna see this animal beat your boys brains out, you understand me!"

IDOL: "That's right, King. And Cash! You come in here and jump on me when I got your partner beat, let me tell you something, daddy. The Heart Throb is gonna beat you like the dog that you are so I hope you're ready!"

LANCE: "Oh, golly. The KING and the HEART THROB ready for action this week. We'll take a quick time out. Don't you go away!"

>> Lance Russell runs down the card for the Mid-South Coliseum: 8 Big Matches

ABE JACOBS vs. RICK ROOD
TOMMY GILBERT/KING COBRA vs. APOCALYPSE/PAT ROSE
BIG RED/PLOWBOY FRAZIER vs. JAPANESE ASSASSINS
ROCK-N-ROLL EXPRESS vs. DUKE MYERS/JESSE BARR in a Non-Title Match
BUDDY LANDELL vs. KEN RAPER for the AWA International Title.
ERNIE LADD vs. SWEET DADDY O
AUSTIN IDOL vs. PORKCHOP CASH for the Mid-America Title.
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER vs. SABU in a STEEL CAGE for the Southern Heavyweight Title

Dave Brown: "We're ready for our main event! It's an expiration of time match. Already in the ring, from Lexington, Tennessee, Tommy Gilbert. His partners King Cobra and Sweet Daddy O! And heading to the ring now, from the House of Humperdink, Duke Myers and Jesse Barr. And there partner, The Big Cat, Ernie Ladd. Your referee is Jerry Calhoun."

Match: Ernie Ladd/Duke Myers/Jesse Barr defeated Tommy Gilbert/King Cobra/Sweet Daddy O when Ladd pinned Gilbert.

>> After the match, Ladd walks over to the desk.

LADD: "Now, I done heard what you said out here earlier, Lance Russell. You said I've been talking nonsense and that ain't true!"

LADD: "Shut up when I'm talking, boy! The only nonsense around here is the crap Eddie Marlin is tryin' to pull. Now you see what I just did to his old tag partner, in there don't 'cha? I'm gonna be doing the same to that Uncle Tom, Sweet Daddy O this week, believe it!"

Lance Russell: "Big one here today, Dave."

Dave Brown: "Each and every week it just seems to get bigger and bigger." Despite Humperdink and Ladd out here we were able to get all three matches in today. The big team of Red and Plowboy picked up a victory over Apocalypse and Rose, Austin Idol and Troy Graham ended in a double disqualification after Lawler and Cash ran in there and in the main event Ernie Ladd picked up the pinfall on Tommy Gilbert.

Lance Russell: "Well folks, we'll see you again next week for another Championship Wrestling! Lance Russell for Dave Brown; Goodbye everybody!

Voice Over: "The announcers on this program are selected and paid by parties other than this station, namely, the promoters of Championship Wrestling."

Championship Wrestling

[TAPED] Saturday, July 9, 1983

[sHOWN] Saturday, July 16, 1983 in Louisville/Evansville

WMC Channel 5 Studios in Memphis, Tennessee

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown right along ringside for another exciting day of Championship Wrestling! Tell the folks what we got going on today, Dave."

Dave Brown: "Coming in today you'll see Sweet Daddy O as he'll be teaming up with Austin Idol taking on The Dark Shadow and Jesse Barr. From there Buddy Landell will be with us, and in the main event a six-man tag as Jerry "The King" Lawler teams with with the Rock-n-Roll Express as they take on the House of Humperdink, Duke Myers, Sabu, and one-half of the Japanese Assassins, The Magic Dragon!"
Lance Russell: "Well, folks, we're sure glad you tuned in, and I believe you will be too after hearing those matches. We'll take a quick time out and we'll be back with a whole lotta action right after this."
Lance Russell: "We're back and ready for action. Dave?"
Dave Brown: "In the ring now, hailing from Memphis, Tennessee and weighing in at 220 pounds, Ken Raper; and his opponent, hailing from Knoxville, Tennessee, the AWA International Champion, Buddy Landell! Your referee is Jerry Calhoun.
Match: Buddy Landell pins Raper easily.
>After the match, Landell walks over to the desk.
Landell: "Did ya miss me, Lance?"
Lance: "Well, Buddy ..."
Landell: "That's okay, Lance. You don't have to say it. I can see it in your face. You're glad ol' Buddy Landell is back in Memphis."
Lance: "Okay, Buddy."
Landell: "You know, Lance. I watched the tape of last weeks show this morning and I gotta say I'm dissapointed."
Lance: "Oh, and why is that?"
Landell: "I wasn't mentioned not ONE TIME! I mean, c'mon, Lance. I'm an international star! You haven't told the folks that I just got back from a very successful trip to Puerto Rico! I'm the AWA International champion! I'm big news."
Lance: "Well, I'm sorry Buddy."
Landell: "Oh, I forgive you, Lance. See I'm that type of guy. Not only am I the best professional wrestler in the world today, not only did I beat that bum, Ken Patera for the International Title before I left and sent him packin', I'm actually a nice guy. I don't think I get enough credit."
Lance: "Now, Buddy, these fans know some of the stuff you've pulled here and elsewhere. They may not think you're all that nice of a guy."
Landell: "Now, wait a minute, Lance Russell. That's not exactly fair. I may have did some things I'm not proud of, but a man can change can't he?"
Lance: "Well, I suppose ..."
Landell: "Listen here. I'll prove it to you. Will you give me a chance to at least prove it to you that I can change? I'll tell you what. Each week, whether it be at the Mid South Coliseum, Louisville, Evansville ... Anywhere! I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna put my title up against anybody that wants a shot. I'll wrestle everybody from the bottom all the way to the top. I'll do it with clean, scientific wrestling." "This will tell you that I'm not only generous, the greatest wrestler, the purist wrestler, but a helluva nice guy!"
Lance: C'mon now, you aren't supposed to be out here. We got to take a break."
Humperdink: "Lance ... I know I'm not supposed to be out here, but I just had to come out and talk about this past week. Something very positive, life-altering happened and I feel like I just have to come out and tell the people.
Lance: "C'mon now, quit clowning around."
Humperdink: "No, no, Lance. This is geniune. This is coming from the heart."
Lance: "Do we have time? "Do we have time?" "Okay. They tell me we have just a few minutes before we got to take a break. What is it?"
Humperdink: "Please, Lance. Don't be so angry. Let me just say what I have to say. I promise it won't take long."
Lance: "Okay, well, get on with it."
Humperdink: "As you know, Lance. This past week at the arenas, there were a bunch of sick kids brought by the Rock-n-Roll Express from local hospitals."
Lance: "Yeah, there were indeed."
Humperdink: "I just want to let you know that one particular kid just so happened to catch my eye. He was a small little guy, but I noticed he wasn't having too much fun. Now I know I said some things in the past, and let me tell you now, I was wrong. I was dead wrong. Something told me to go see what was the matter with this young man. Why wasn't he having fun? So I went up to him, and he was very timid around me, I thought, maybe, because I haven't been the nicest guy to the Rock and Roll Express, I just wanted to ask him what was wrong. So I did. And that's when he told me, Lance. He told me that his parents were divorced and he lived with his father who beat him. That's how he ended up in the hospital."
Lance: "Oh, man. That's terrible!"
Humperdink: "Indeed it is, Lance. I felt bad for the kid. I tried to help out, ya know. I asked if he could go stay with his mother. He said he couldn't because she beats him too. I said well that's terrible. How about your grandparents? Them too he said. At this point I was beside myself. What a rough life this poor young man has had. So I asked him if there was ANY body he could stay with. He looked up at me and said, Mr. I'd love to live with the Rock and Roll Express! I asked him why that was. That's when he said... Because! The Rock and Roll Express can't beat anybody!
Lance: "I knew you were up to no good! Goodness gracious. I can't believe you, Humperdink!"
Humperdink: "Oh shut up, Banana nose. Those two punks CAN'T beat anybody. I know Eddie Marlin is giving them another shot this week at the belts, but I'll tell you what I did. I made sure it will be there LAST shot at the belts as long as my boys hold them, which will be a long time to come!
Lance: "Let's take a break. We'll be back"
>> Lance Russell runs down the card for the Mid-South Coliseum: 7 Big Matches - 4 BIG Title Matches, No Increase in Prices!
TONY ANTHONY vs. RICK ROOD
KING COBRA/SWEET DADDY O vs. JAPANESE ASSASSINS
ERNIE LADD vs. BIG RED
BUDDY LANDELL vs. MIKE BOYETTE for the AWA International Title.
AUSTIN IDOL vs. JESSE BARR for the Mid-America Title.
ROCK-N-ROLL EXPRESS vs. THE BRUISE BROS. for the Southern Tag Titles, RNR's last shot.
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER vs. SABU for the Southern Heavyweight Title.
Dave Brown: "Entering the ring now, from Parts Unknown, The Dark Shadow and his partner, from Oregon, Jesse Barr. Their opponents, Sweet Daddy O and the Universal Heart Throb, Austin Idol! Your referee is Paul Morton.
Match: Austin Idol/Sweet Daddy O defeat Jesse Barr/The Dark Shadow when Sweet Daddy pins the Dark Shadow.
>> After the match, Ernie Ladd walks out to the desk while Sweet Daddy O and Austin Idol stand by.
Ladd: "Lance Russell! I've had it! Get over here!"
Ladd: "Look here at what just happened! Your Uncle Tom, Sweet Daddy O just beat a man by the name of the Dark Shadow!"
Lance: "Yes, Ernie, what is your point?"
Ladd: "Don't you play coy with me, Lance Russell! The Dark Shadow! First, you have me wrestling the White Angel and now this Uncle Tom is wrestling the Dark Shadow!"
Lance: "Now, Ernie, Eddie Marlin came out here last week and told you this was all nonsense."
Ladd: "I don't care what Eddie Marlin says. He gives these masked punks these names just to tick me off! Why couldn't he be The Dark Angel? What? A black man can't be an angel? I told you, I'm an educated man and I know these aren't these punks birth names! It's Eddie Marlin being funny and I won't stand for it!"
Sweet Daddy: "Listen here..."
Ladd: "You just shut up, Uncle Tom. You and your lilly white partner over here."
Idol: "Now hold on, Ladd. Don't you start in on me ..."
Ladd: "I'll do what I wanna do! All of you around here are the same. I'm the biggest man around here and can't nobody stop me!"
Ladd: "Typical, three on one! Your time's coming big boy!"
>> Lance Russell runs down the card for the Mid-South Coliseum: 7 Big Matches - 4 BIG Title Matches, No Increase in Prices!
TONY ANTHONY vs. RICK ROOD
KING COBRA/SWEET DADDY O vs. JAPANESE ASSASSINS
ERNIE LADD vs. BIG RED
BUDDY LANDELL vs. MIKE BOYETTE for the AWA International Title.
AUSTIN IDOL vs. JESSE BARR for the Mid-America Title.
ROCK-N-ROLL EXPRESS vs. THE BRUISE BROS. for the Southern Tag Titles, RNR's last shot.
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER vs. SABU for the Southern Heavyweight Title.
Dave Brown: "We're ready for our main event! 2 out of 3 Falls, expiration of time match. Out now is the House of Humperdink, lead of course by Sir Oliver Humperdink. Duke Myers, Sabu and The Magic Dragon. Their opponents, heading out now, The KING! Jerry Lawler, from right here in Memphis, Tennessee and his tag team partners, Ricky and Robert, The Rock and Roll Express! Your referee is Jerry Calhoun."
Match: Jerry Lawler/Rock and Roll Express tie with one fall a piece with the House of Humperdink, Sabu, The Magic Dragon and Duke Meyers.
>>After the match the rest of the House of Humerdink run out and jumps Lawler and the Rock and Roll Express causing the third fall to be cancelled.
Lance Russell: "Boy oh Boy, Dave. I'll tell ya, the action never stops"
Dave Brown: "That's for sure, Lance. That big Main event ended in a draw when we just flat ran out of time at one fall a piece. Also, Buddy Landell, Austin Idol and Sweet Daddy O all picked up victories. Like you said, non-stop action"
Lance Russell: "That's all we could pack in today, folks! We sure hope ya tune in next week with us here at Championship Wrestling. Lance Russell for Dave Brown; Goodbye everybody!
Voice Over: "The announcers on this program are selected and paid by parties other than this station, namely, the promoters of Championship Wrestling."

Championship Wrestling

[LIVE] 7/18/1983 Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis, TN

[LIVE] 7/26/1983 Louisville Gardens, Louisville, KY

[LIVE] 7/27/1983 Evansville Coliseum, Evansville, IN

ABE JACOBS defeated RICK ROOD

TOMMY GILBERT/KING COBRA defeated APOCALYPSE/PAT ROSE when Cobra pinned Rose

JAPANESE ASSASSINS defeated BIG RED/PLOW BOY FRAZIER after throwing salt in Frazier's eyes allowing Magic Dragon to pin him.

ROCK-N-ROLL EXPRESS defeated DUKE MYERS/JESSE BARR by disqualification after Humperdink interfered

BUDDY LANDELL defeated KEN RAPER to retain the AWA International Title

ERNIE LADD and SWEET DADDY O went to a no contest after Ladd refused to engage in the match

PORK CHOP CASH defeated AUSTIN IDOL by count out after Troy Graham attacked Idol outside the ring. Idol retained the Mid-America Title

JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER defeated SABU the WILD MAN after a bloody brawl in the Steel Cage. Lawler retained the Southern Heavyweight Title

- Gilbert & Cobra are a fun undercard team, and probably needed the win here.

- Of course the Japanese use salt - this is Memphis!

- Rock 'n' Roll's continue to move up the ladder

- "Ladd refused to engage" is a fantastic reason for a no contest

- Good way to continue the Cash/Graham vs. Idol feud.

- And of course, Lawler gets the win.

Real good show.

Championship Wrestling

[sHOWN LIVE] 7/23/1983

[sHOWN TAPED] 7/30/1983 in Louisville/Evansville

MSC STUDIOS

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown here with you bringing along some Championship Wrestling! Dave, we have a lot to cover today as things are really heating up."

Dave Brown: "That definitely is the case here, Lance. Three big matches coming your way today, as we'll have Abe Jacobs taking on Rick Rood, a young man from Minnesota looking to gain his first win. Tony Anthony will lock up with Pat Rose and in a big main event, Jerry "The King" Lawler will team up with Plowboy Frazier and Austin Idol to take on The Bruise Brothers and Sabu the Wildman, all, of course, members of Sir Oliver Humperdink's House of Humperdink.

Lance Russell: "Good God oh mighty that's a big one. We don't want you folks to wait any longer than you have to so we'll get to it right after this break!"

Lance Russell: "We're back and ready to kick things off with the first bout, Dave?"

Dave Brown: "In the ring now, from Minnesota, Rick Rood. His opponent, big Abe Jacobs! Your referee is Jerry Calhoun.

Match: Abe Jacobs defeats Rick Rood after a shoulder breaker.

>During the match, Buddy Landell was out for commentary.

Lance: "Now, Buddy, you asked to be out here so why don't you tell us what you've got to say."

Landell: "Lance, I wanted to be out here during this match, because both of these guys are next in line for my weekly opportunity to wrestle me for the AWA International Title. With that said, I wanted to come out here and scout these two."

Lance: "Well, we all certainly know about your 'weekly challenge' and I gotta tell ya, I think it's an excuse to hold on to that thing just a little bit longer."

Landell: "Lance, I'm appalled and insulted that you would say something like that. I'm just looking at giving everybody an opportunity. I told ya I'm a nice guy!"

Landell cont.: "See here. Mr. Jacobs just won this match which will afford this youngster a shot at my title."

Lance: "Youngster? Oh, Buddy c'mon. Abe is twice your age!"

Landell: "Now Lance, don't go insulting the guy. He just won the match." "Come over here, kid. Seeing that you just won this match, I'm offering you a shot at my AWA International Title. What do ya think of that?"

Jacobs: "I'll take the shot, but don't call me kid."

Landell: "Hey now, don't get hot. I just liked what I saw in there. Me being the a veteran, I would just like to offer the somewhat green, wet behind the ears wrestlers a chance to learn."

Lance: "Now stop it, Buddy. Abe, I'm sorry"

Landell: "Don't be sorry, Lance. Look, kid come time for the arena show just sit under the learning tree of Buddy Landell and maybe one day you'll be a contender."

Lance: "Enough of this, Buddy. We're gonna take a time out folks. We'll be back after this."

>> Lance Russell runs down the card for the Mid-South Coliseum: 7 Big Matches

KING COBRA vs. RICK ROOD
TOMMY GILBERT/TONY ANTHONY vs. APOCALYPSE/PAT ROSE
BUDDY LANDELL vs. ABE JACOBS for the AWA International Title.

BIG RED/SWEET DADDY O vs. ERNIE LADD/MYSTERY PARTNER
AUSTIN IDOL vs. SABU THE WILD MAN for the Mid-America Title.
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER/PLOW BOY FRAZIER vs.THE BRUISE BROTHERS

ROCK-N-ROLL EXPRESS vs. JAPANESE ASSASSINS for the Southern Tag Team Titles

Dave Brown: "Both competitors are in the ring right now. In the far corner we have Pat Rose! His opponent Tony Anthony. Your referee is Paul Morton.

Match: Tony Anthony defeats Pat Rose.

>> After the match, Ernie Ladd makes his way out to the desk.

Lance: "Now, Ernie, we don't need you out here right now."

Ladd: "Shut up, Lance Russell. You aren't gonna tell me what and what not to do. I have a big announcement to make. I'm fixing to put an end to this Uncle Tom business once and for all. Now, I went out and found me a like-minded individual. He's no stranger to the Memphis area, and he's agreed with me on the bias and racism that goes on around here ..."

Lance: "For heaven's sake, Ernie, when are you just gonna get over all that nonsense."

Ladd: "Nonsense! Now you listen here, Lance Russell. Eddie Marlin came out here a few weeks ago and spoke about Sputnik Monroe fighting for equality of the black folk. Now, if it was nonsense, then why did he have to do that at all!"

Lance: "Well, Ernie, that's not quite fair. Back then there may have been some truth to what you are saying, but ..."

Ladd: "Back then! You know very well it never stopped! You have people like me, and the man I'm about to introduce who have been held back, ridiculed and you have Uncle Tom's like that Big Dummy and Sweet Daddy O that get all the favors cause they suck up to them owners!"

Ladd: "Now, what are you to Uncle Tom's doing out here. This is my time to speak! I don't like these odds so let me introduce my new partner, Sonny King!"

Lance: "Sonny King!? I never thought he'd buy in to all this stuff Ernie Ladd has been spouting off!"

>> Lance Russell runs down the card for the Mid-South Coliseum: 7 Big Matches

KING COBRA vs. RICK ROOD
TOMMY GILBERT/TONY ANTHONY vs. APOCALYPSE/PAT ROSE
BUDDY LANDELL vs. ABE JACOBS for the AWA International Title.

BIG RED/SWEET DADDY O vs. ERNIE LADD/MYSTERY PARTNER who we now know is SONNY KING
AUSTIN IDOL vs. SABU THE WILD MAN for the Mid-America Title.
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER/PLOW BOY FRAZIER vs.THE BRUISE BROTHERS

ROCK-N-ROLL EXPRESS vs. JAPANESE ASSASSINS for the Southern Tag Team Titles

Sir Oliver Humperdink and the Japanese Assassins are at the desk. The Assassins are writing on a Japanese scroll as Humperdinck is about to speak>

Lance: "Now, Oliver we have a main event to get to. What are you and the Assassins doing out here."

Humperdink: "Listen, Banana Nose! I'm out here to talk about my boys tag team title shot coming up this week at those snot-nosed punks, the Rock and Roll Express."

Lance: "Well, that's fine, but what are the Assassins doing over there, what are they writing."

Humperdink: "If you'd shut up and stop yapping, I'd tell you. See, my boys here are writing out an ancient scroll which is a tradition in Japan. They are writing out an official death certificate for those two punks!"

Lance: "Oh, now I've heard everything. A death certificate?"

Humperdink: "That's right, a death certificate. It's gonna be the death of the Rock and Roll Express' title reign and their careers!"

Rock and Roll Express>

Ricky: "Listen here, fat boy! I'm telling you right now that we aren't losing these titles and Robert and I are fixing to rip up this here death certificate!"

Lance: "Oh no! The Assassins have just thrown ink into the eye of Ricky Morton. We need some help out here and I mean it!"

Lance: 'We have to go to break, we'll try and get a word on Ricky's condition when we come back ..."

Lance: "Folks, I'm sorry, but we still don't have an update on the condition of Ricky Morton. Man 'o man I cannot believe Humperdink and his Assassins out here ..." "What's that Guy? Oh, Okay." "Folks, I've just been told we're gonna take another break while we try to sort all this out. We'll be back."

Lance: "Okay, folks. We're back and we've been told that due to this unfortunate attack on Ricky that we're gonna have to cancel the main event and we'll try and bring it to you next week if we can. We've been informed that Ricky IS at the hospital and the doctor's are working to clean the ink out of his left eye. Now we assume this will effectively cancel the tag team title match this week ..." "Wait a minute, here comes Eddie Marlin, Eddie what can you tell us?"

Eddie: "Well, Lance, first off I want to say that Humperdink and his Assassins are herby fined Five Thousand Dollars for what they did here today. Also, that I've spoken to Robert and he's told me that Ricky is demanding the title match for this week be allowed to go on. He don't care if he is completely blind, he wants to get his hands on those Assassins and I can't say that I blame him!"

Lance Russell: "You heard it, folks. That match will go on and boy, I just sure hope Ricky knows what he's getting into. Sorry we have run out of time, but we'll do our best to get that main event for you next week. In the meantime, This is Lance Russell for Dave Brown, Goodbye everybody!"

Championship Wrestling
[LIVE] 7/25/1983 Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis, TN
[LIVE] 8/2/1983 Louisville Gardens, Louisville, KY
[LIVE] 8/3/1983 Evansville Coliseum, Evansville, IN
KING COBRA defeated RICK ROOD

TOMMY GILBERT/TONY ANTHONY defeated APOCALYPSE/PAT ROSE
BUDDY LANDELL defeated ABE JACOBS to retain the AWA International Title.

BIG RED/SWEET DADDY O vs. ERNIE LADD/SONNY KING went to a No Contest after Sweet Daddy O turned on Big Red. The trio proceeded to break his leg.
AUSTIN IDOL DDQ SABU THE WILD MAN after House of Humperdink interfered. Idol retained the Mid-America Title.
THE BRUISE BROTHERS defeated JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER/PLOW BOY FRAZIER when Graham pinned Frazier.

JAPANESE ASSASSINS defeated ROCK-N-ROLL EXPRESS for the Southern Tag Team Titles after Magic Dragon pinned Ricky Morton after working over the injured eye.

Championship Wrestling

[sHOWN LIVE] 7/30/1983

[sHOWN TAPED] 8/6/1983 in Louisville/Evansville

MSC STUDIOS

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown here with you today bringing you another big episode of Championship Wrestling! Dave, Who do we have on the show today?"

Dave Brown: "Well, Lance today we're scheduled to see the team of SONNY KING/SWEET DADDY O and they'll be taking on ABE JACOBS/KEN RAPER, from there we have TONY ANTHONY, the Dirty White Boy taking on the youngster RICK ROOD and in our main event we got a big one, "THE UNIVERSAL HEART THROB" AUSTIN IDOL will be taking on ERNIE LADD."

Lance Russell: "Alright, I don't see any reason why this one shouldn't live up to expectations, but before we get going here we'll take a quick time out folks and we'll be back with our first match right after this, you won't wanna go away."

Lance Russell: "We're back and ready to kick things off with the first bout, Dave?"

Dave Brown: "In the ring now, the team of SONNY KING/SWEET DADDY O. Their opponents, ABE JACOBS and KEN RAPER! Your referee is Jerry Calhoun.

Match: King and Sweet Daddy easily defeated Abe Jacobs and Ken Raper.

Lance: "Right now folks, we'd like to have Robert Gibson of the Rock and Roll Express to come out here and give us an update on the condition of Ricky Morton, who, as you know, was attacked by the Assassins and had ink thrown in his eye, which was worsened by the fact that when the Japanese Assassins defeated the Rock and Roll Express this past week for the tag titles, that did so by really doing a number on that injured eye, which has left Ricky out of action."

Gibson: "That's right, Lance. I tried to convince Ricky to not wrestle last week and rest that injured eye, but he was so determined to wrestle and get them dirty Assassins back for what they did to him, there was no talking him out of it."

Lance: "So what is the current condition of Ricky's eye and is there any idea of when he'll be back fit for competition?"

Gibson: "Well, the doctors have looked him over and they've told Ricky that it'll be at least two weeks before they'll be able to determine when or if he'll be back in shape to wrestle again ..."

Lance: "Now, Oliver, you just keep your distance out here! No need to go jumping three on one against this young man. You've done enough!"

Humperdink: "Oh relax, Banana Nose. We aren't out here to do anything other than offer our condolences to poor little Ricky Morton who gets a case of the pink eye and suddenly can't wrestle anymore "

Lance: "Pink eye? What about that ink your guys threw in his eye, not to mention the beating you directed towards that very injured eye to take the tag belts of these youngsters!"

Humperdink: "Listen! You have to be tough in this business. If Ricky Morton can't handle a punch or two in his poor little eye, that's not our problem!"

Gibson: "You can say what you want out here Humperdink, but I've got a partner and we're coming to get those belts back and we're doing it for Ricky!"

Humperdink: "A partner? Ha Ha Ha. Who could you possibly get? Nobody wants to team with a punk kid, especially after he can't protect his old tag team partner!"

Gibson: "Well, not only do I have a tag partner, Ricky himself is gonna be at ringside to manage us and to keep you in check while we take care of business!"

Humperdink: "Is that right? Listen fellas, why don't we give Robert here a preview of what he's got in store this week?"

Idol: "That's right, fat boy. The Heart Throb is Robert's partner this week and just like I took care of that stinking Wild Man of yours, Robert and the heart throb are taking those titles, daddy!"

Lance: "Austin Idol, THE HEART THROB, gonna be Robert's partner this week, folks. Oh my, is that every gonna be one you don't wanna miss. We'll be back after this ..."

>> Lance Russell runs down the card for the Coliseum: 6 Big Matches

THE BRUISE BROTHERS vs. ABE JACOBS/KEN RAPER
PLOW BOY FRAZIER vs. SABU THE WILD MAN

TOMMY GILBERT/KING COBRA vs. SONNY KING/SWEET DADDY O

BUDDY LANDELL vs. TONY ANTHONY for the AWA International Title.

AUSTIN IDOL/ROBERT GIBSON vs. JAPANESE ASSASSINS for the Southern Tag Team Titles
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER vs. "BIG CAT" ERNIE LADD for the Southern Heavyweight Title

Dave Brown: "Both competitors are in the ring right now. In the far corner we have RICK ROOD! His opponent "The Dirty White Boy" TONY ANTHONY. Your referee is Paul Morton.

Match: Tony Anthony defeats Rick Rood.

> After the match, BUDDY LANDELL comes out to the desk and calls over TONY ANTHONY

Landell: "Listen here, son. I know we're signed to have a match this week, but as you know, I'm working from the bottom to the top, and well, I must have just overlooked your name, because I'm facing competition that I think is just a little bit more skilled then you are. So I'm going to talk to EDDIE MARLIN and let him know that the match is off. I'm sorry, you should have been first seeing you are the greenest guy here, but I just somehow over looked you.

Lance: "Oh, c'mon Buddy! Tony here is a veteran wrestler, now what are you trying to pull?"

Landell: "I'm not trying to pull anything, Lance. I simply forgot the kids name as I was making my list of rookies to main-eventer's is all."

Anthony: "Listen here, Landell! We all know you came up with this plan to keep from having to defend your title against experienced opponents, so if you're scared just say so!"

Landell: "Scared? Ain't nobody here scared, boy! Don't get hot just because 'ol Buddy forgot about you. I'm not saying I'll never give you a shot, but you'll just have to wait until I make my why all the way down to the bottom again."

Anthony: "Yeah, you're scared alright. No matter, cause this match is signed and I'll see you at the arena!"

Landell: "Well, Lance, I guess these young boys just need to learn some respect."

>> Lance Russell runs down the card for the Coliseum: 6 Big Matches

THE BRUISE BROTHERS vs. ABE JACOBS/KEN RAPER
PLOW BOY FRAZIER vs. SABU THE WILD MAN

TOMMY GILBERT/KING COBRA vs. SONNY KING/SWEET DADDY O

BUDDY LANDELL vs. TONY ANTHONY for the AWA International Title.

AUSTIN IDOL/ROBERT GIBSON vs. JAPANESE ASSASSINS for the Southern Tag Team Titles
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER vs. "BIG CAT" ERNIE LADD for the Southern Heavyweight Title

Dave Brown: "In the ring at this time, "THE BIG CAT" ERNIE LADD! And his opponent coming into the arena now, "THE UNIVERSAL HEART THROB" AUSTIN IDOL! This will be a one fall, expiration of time, non title match. Your referee is Jerry Calhoun."

Match: Austin Idol wins after Sweet Daddy O and Sonny King enter the ring for a three on one beat down until Lawler makes the save.

Lawler: "Ladd! I'm sick and tired of you out here, week after week, running your mouth and so I'm gonna shut it for you, punk!"

Lance: "Now c'mon, Ernie. We just got this broken up here, now."

Ladd: "Shut up, Lance Russell! Lawler come out here and addressed me, so I'm just coming out here so he can say it to my face. Lawler! You, Eddie Marlin and Jerry Jarrett are the biggest suppressors of us black folk here in this company. So i'm not just talking about it any more. I'm doing something about it! Now that I got Sonny with me and Sweet Daddy has seen the light, we're taking over this territory and giving it back to the black folk that's been held down for so long."

Lawler: "Ladd, you're so full of crap, do you know that? Why is it when the black man can't get his way he automatically blames the white guy? Face it, punk. You're just not good enough or else you would be a champion. That's the only reason you haven't done anything here, you just aren't good enough!"

Ladd: "That's crap and you know it, Lawler. Typical white man talking out of both sides of his mouth."

Lawler: "Is that right? Well, let me tell you something Ladd. Come this week at the arena you aren't gonna be talking out of either side of your mouth, because I'm gonna put my fist right in it and swell it up more than it already is and shut it for good!"

Lance: "We need some help out here .... Guys c'mon that's enough! ... Folks, we're gonna try to maintain some order here, we'll be back."

Lance Russell: "What a wild one we had going on today, Dave."

Dave Brown: "No question about it. We had the team of SONNY KING/SWEET DADDY O defeat ABE JACOBS AND KEN RAPER, TONY ANTHONY over young RICK ROOD. And as you saw just now a disqualification on ERNIE LADD after the rest of his group came out and jumped on Idol with the King making the save.

Lance Russell: "Well, Ladies and Gentleman, that's all from us here. We sure hope you'll join us again next week for another Championship Wrestling. Lance Russell for Dave Brown; Goodbye everybody!

Championship Wrestling

[LIVE] 8/1/1983 Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis, TN

[LIVE] 8/9/1983 Louisville Gardens, Louisville, KY

[LIVE] 8/10/1983 Evansville Coliseum, Evansville, IN

THE BRUISE BROTHERS defeated ABE JACOBS/KEN RAPER when Graham pinned Raper

PLOW BOY FRAZIER DDQ SABU THE WILD MAN

SONNY KING/SWEET DADDY O defeated TOMMY GILBERT/KING COBRA when King pinned Gilbert

BUDDY LANDELL defeated TONY ANTHONY with feet on ropes, holding tights to retain the AWA International Title.

AUSTIN IDOL/ROBERT GIBSON defeated JAPANESE ASSASSINS by CO as the Assassins left the ring to attack Ricky Morton who was at ring side The Assassins retain the Southern Tag Team Titles

"BIG CAT" ERNIE LADD pinned JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER to win the Southern Heavyweight Title after King and O interfered.

As others have said, the announcer's script and the various interviews are so great here. Buddy Landell in particular reads just like real life.

Nice job not going for the obvious with Morton getting hit in the eye and not Gibson.

You really can't go wrong with Ladd and Lawler as a main event program.

Lots of possibilities here.

Championship Wrestling

[SHOWN LIVE] Saturday, August 6, 1983

[SHOWN TAPED] Saturday, August 13, 1983 (Louisville/Evansville)

WMC Channel 5 Studios in Memphis, Tennessee

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown right along ringside for another exciting day of Championship Wrestling! Tell the folks what we got going on today, Dave."

Dave Brown: Three big matches we got for the folks today, Lance. Today we'll see Jesse Barr taking on newcomer Brian Adias, Tony Anthony taking on Pat Rose, and in the main event, Jerry "The King" Lawler will go one on one with Sweet Daddy O.
Lance Russell: "Well, folks, we're sure glad you tuned in. We'll take a quick time out and we'll be back with a whole lotta action right after this."
Lance Russell: "We're back and ready for action. Dave?"
Dave Brown: "In the ring now, hailing from Portland, Oregon and weighing in at 220 pounds, Jesse Barr; and his opponent, Brian Adias! Your referee is Jerry Calhoun.
Match: Jesse Barr pins Adias easily.
Lance: "Right now we have a video for you folks regarding the brutal and nasty feud that's been going on around here between the Rock-n-Roll Express and the House of Humperdink's Japanese Assassins. Let's take a look.
Humperdink: "Good job, Banana Nose."
Lance: "Good job? What are you talking about, Humperdink?"
Humperdink: "You put that video together and it can serve as a memorial for those punks the Express. Fitting it was the music, "Beat It," because that's exactly what they'll do after this week's double dog collar match!"
Lance: "I wouldn't be so sure, those boys are tougher than you think!"
Humperdink: "Tough? Two boys, two good eyes and not a single muscle between them! They'll both be blind by the end of this match, you can count on it. Get out of my way. I got things to prepare for!"
>> Lance Russell runs down the card for the Arena: 7 Big Matches

PAT ROSE vs. ABE JACOBS
SABU THE WILDMAN/DUKE MYERS vs. KEN RAPER/MIKE BOYETTE
THE BRUISE BROTHERS vs. PLOW BOY FRAZIER/BRIAN ADIAS
JESSE BARR vs. TOMMY GILBERT
ROCK -N- ROLL EXPRESS vs. JAPANESE ASSASSINS in a DOUBLE DOG COLLAR MATCH for the SOUTHERN TAG TITLES
BUDDY LANDELL vs. "DIRTY WHITE BOY" TONY ANTHONY for the AWA INTERNATIONAL TITLE
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER/AUSTIN IDOL/KING COBRA vs. ERNIE LADD/SONNY KING/SWEET DADDY O

Dave Brown: "Entering the ring now, Pat Rose. His opponent, "The Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony! Your referee is Paul Morton.
Match: Tony Anthony pins Pat Rose.
>After the match, Tony Anthony comes to the desk
Anthony: "Lance, last week we all saw Buddy Landell use the ropes to pin me. Now Eddie Marlin has signed us a rematch ..."
Landell: "Now hold on, Lance. I didn't agree to no rematch with this boy. I beat him fair and square and now it's time for him to step aside and let Buddy Landell continue his charitable work by giving some of the younger boys their shot at the champ.!"
Anthony: "Landell, you better open up them ears of yours. The match is signed and this week, that title is coming with the Dirty White Boy!
Landell: "We'll just see about that, boy. The champ is going to have a little talk with Eddie Marlin and make sure we book you right in the opening match where you belong.
Lance: "Oh, for god's sake, Buddy. We're gonna need some help out here. Buddy Landell has just nailed the Dirty White Boy with the title belt, let's go to break while we get this straightened out.
>> Lance Russell runs down the card for the Arena: 7 Big Matches

PAT ROSE vs. ABE JACOBS
SABU THE WILDMAN/DUKE MYERS vs. KEN RAPER/MIKE BOYETTE
THE BRUISE BROTHERS vs. PLOW BOY FRAZIER/BRIAN ADIAS
JESSE BARR vs. TOMMY GILBERT
ROCK -N- ROLL EXPRESS vs. JAPANESE ASSASSINS in a DOUBLE DOG COLLAR MATCH for the SOUTHERN TAG TITLES
BUDDY LANDELL vs. "DIRTY WHITE BOY" TONY ANTHONY for the AWA INTERNATIONAL TITLE
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER/AUSTIN IDOL/KING COBRA vs. ERNIE LADD/SONNY KING/SWEET DADDY O

Dave Brown: "We're ready for our main event! In the ring right now, accompanied by Ernie Ladd is Sweet Daddy O. His opponent, heading out now, The KING! Jerry Lawler, from right here in Memphis, Tennessee. Your referee is Jerry Calhoun."
Match: Jerry Lawler DDQ Sweet Daddy O after Ladd, King, Idol and Cobra jump in the ring.
>>Lance tries to call for help while mentioning all six of these wrestlers will be battling in a six man tag this week.
Lance Russell: "Boy oh Boy, Dave. It's never a dull moment"
Dave Brown: "That's for sure, Lance. We're real short on time ... Barr, Anthony are your winners today and a DDQ you just saw here to end the show. Never a dull moment indeed"
Lance Russell: "That's all we could pack in today, folks! We sure hope ya tune in next week with us here at Championship Wrestling. Lance Russell for Dave Brown; Goodbye everybody!

Championship Wrestling
[LIVE] 8/8/1983 Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis, TN
[LIVE] 8/16/1983 Louisville Gardens, Louisville, KY
[LIVE] 8/17/1983 Evansville Coliseum, Evansville, IN
PAT ROSE defeated ABE JACOBS
SABU THE WILDMAN/DUKE MYERS defeated KEN RAPER/MIKE BOYETTE
THE BRUISE BROTHERS defeated PLOW BOY FRAZIER/BRIAN ADIAS
JESSE BARR defeated TOMMY GILBERT
ROCK -N- ROLL EXPRESS DCO JAPANESE ASSASSINS after a brutal and bloody DOUBLE DOG COLLAR MATCH. Assassins retain the SOUTHERN TAG TITLES
BUDDY LANDELL defeated "DIRTY WHITE BOY" TONY ANTHONY after using a chain to retain the AWA INTERNATIONAL TITLE
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER/AUSTIN IDOL/KING COBRA defeated ERNIE LADD/SONNY KING/SWEET DADDY O when Idol pinned King

Championship Wrestling

[TAPED] Saturday, August 13, 1983
[sHOWN] Saturday, August 20, 1983 (Louisville/Evansville Market)
WMC Channel 5 Studios

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown here with you today bringing you another big episode of Championship Wrestling! Dave, Who do we have on the show today?"

Dave Brown: "Well, Lance today we're scheduled to see Jesse Barr and he'll be taking on King Cobra, from there we have Tony Anthony, taking on Duke Myers and in our main event we got a big one, The Bruise Brothers will be taking on Jerry Lawler and "The Universal Heart Throb" Austin Idol!"

Lance Russell: "Alright, I don't see any reason why this one shouldn't live up to expectations, but before we get going here we'll take a quick time out folks and we'll be back with our first match right after this, you won't wanna go away."

Lance Russell: "We're back and looks like the guys are ready to go, Dave?"

Dave Brown: "In the ring right now hailing from Portland, Oregon and weighing in at 220 pounds, Jesse Barr; and his opponent, King Cobra! Your referee is Jerry Calhoun.

Match: Jesse Barr and King Cobra wrestle to 10 minute TV Time Limit.

Rock and Roll Express and The Japanese Assassins aired followed by promos from both teams regarding the upcoming Cage Match>

>> Lance Russell runs down the card for the Arenas: 8 Big Matches

RICK ROOD vs. ABE JACOBS
SABU THE WILDMAN/DUKE MYERS vs. KEN RAPER/BRIAN ADIAS
THE BRUISE BROTHERS vs. PLOW BOY FRAZIER/TOMMY GILBERT
JESSE BARR vs. MIKE BOYETTE
KING COBRA vs. SWEET DADDY O
BUDDY LANDELL vs. "DIRTY WHITE BOY" TONY ANTHONY in an ANYTHING GOES MATCH for the AWA INTERNATIONAL TITLE
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER/AUSTIN IDOL vs. ERNIE LADD/SONNY KING
ROCK -N- ROLL EXPRESS vs. JAPANESE ASSASSINS in a CAGE MATCH for the SOUTHERN TAG TITLES

Dave Brown: "Entering the ring now, The Dirty White Boy, Tony Anthony. Set to take him on, walking to the ring right now is, big Duke Myers. Your referee is Paul Morton.

Match: Tony Anthony defeats Duke Myers

Buddy Landell and Tony Anthony aired followed by promos from both regarding their upcoming Anything Goes Match>

>> Lance Russell runs down the card for the Arenas: 8 Big Matches

RICK ROOD vs. ABE JACOBS
SABU THE WILDMAN/DUKE MYERS vs. KEN RAPER/BRIAN ADIAS
THE BRUISE BROTHERS vs. PLOW BOY FRAZIER/TOMMY GILBERT
JESSE BARR vs. MIKE BOYETTE
KING COBRA vs. SWEET DADDY O
BUDDY LANDELL vs. "DIRTY WHITE BOY" TONY ANTHONY in an ANYTHING GOES MATCH for the AWA INTERNATIONAL TITLE
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER/AUSTIN IDOL vs. ERNIE LADD/SONNY KING
ROCK -N- ROLL EXPRESS vs. JAPANESE ASSASSINS in a CAGE MATCH for the SOUTHERN TAG TITLES

Dave Brown: "In the ring at this time, representing the House of Humperdink, The Bruise Bros.! And their opponents coming into the arena now, is The King! Jerry Lawler! and his tag team partner "The Universal Heart Throb, Austin Idol! This will be a one fall, expiration of time match. Your referee is Jerry Calhoun."

Match: Jerry "The King" Lawler/Austin Idol defeat the Bruise Bros. by Disqualification after Ladd and King run in and jump on Lawler/Idol.

Lawler and Ladd feud from the past few weeks aired followed by promos from Lawler/Idol and Ladd/King regarding their upcoming tag team match>

Lance Russell: "What a great one we had going on today, Dave."

Dave Brown: "No question about it. We had Jesse Barr and King Cobra wrestle to a draw in the opening match, Tony Anthony downed Duke Myers, and as you saw just now a disqualification on The Bruise Bros. after Ladd and King jumped in on Lawler and Idol"

Lance Russell: "Well, Ladies and Gentleman, that's all from us here. We sure hope you'll join us again next week for another Championship Wrestling. Lance Russell for Dave Brown; Goodbye everybody!

Championship Wrestling
[LIVE] 8/15/1983 Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis, TN
[LIVE] 8/23/1983 Louisville Gardens, Louisville, KY
[LIVE] 8/24/1983 Evansville Coliseum, Evansville, IN
RICK ROOD defeated ABE JACOBS
SABU THE WILDMAN/DUKE MYERS defeated KEN RAPER/BRIAN ADIAS
THE BRUISE BROTHERS defeated PLOW BOY FRAZIER/TOMMY GILBERT
JESSE BARR defeated MIKE BOYETTE
KING COBRA defeated SWEET DADDY O
BUDDY LANDELL defeated "DIRTY WHITE BOY" TONY ANTHONY in an ANYTHING GOES MATCH when Jesse Barr hit Anthony in the head with a chair. Landell retains the AWA INTERNATIONAL TITLE
ERNIE LADD/SONNY KING DDQ JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER/AUSTIN IDOL after the referee lost control.
JAPANESE ASSASSINS defeated ROCK -N- ROLL EXPRESS in a CAGE MATCH to retain the SOUTHERN TAG TITLES after Humperdink was hiding under the ring and provided weapons to his men for a 3 on 1 beatdown