Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

​Okay guys we are going to revamp free agency a little bit. With the inclusion of Japan and Mexico. We are going to have free agents for both of them, however they will need to separated by those who can and cannot travel. This is going to be an ongoing process, so just bear with me as we put it together. I have got the list of American Free Agents, Those who can travel, and Japanese free agents. If we need to add Mexico free agents we can do so. Just let me know if some people need to be moved around and added and such.

Comments on my first show? How is the format?

TV will give details on the more storyline matches.

I'm saving my comments for your TV write-up. :)

It will give more details.. remember you can only see the great Brazos-Villanos match if you were there live.

I'm curious about bringing Stan Hansen into Mexico.. however that only works for me if I can get him to lose a hair match (get shaved bald) later in the year.

I don't know if that is realistic, so I will leave that open to everyone else to decide.

That, for me, would depend on the wrestler who would be beating him.

This and what it is worth in the long run I guess. It would be a huge victory for the guy who beats him but it could work out okay for Stan. The loss of hair/mask does have meaning for us if we add that element in, but in Mexico it is a lot bigger.

I'd say go for it depending on who beats him to make sure it is minorly realistic.

Wait... I forgot this year's Anniversario show is cancelled due to a earthquake.. so yeah, he would be scheduled to face Atlantis who is emerging as a top star and headlined in 84... the match will be cancelled due to the earthauqe though, so Hansen gets no haircut.

So, as I announced a few times here and in the Dirt Sheets thread, the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup will return for 1985 and will likely take place in the first week of May (since I don't want to interfere with New Japan's Festival of Champions). And since I also want all territories to be involved, that also means that I'll have to re-tool the format a bit because the 32-men single elimination tournament won't work with 10 territories involved in the tournament. That's why I wanted to gauge the interest of the people in the project about something similar to the FIFA World Cup in terms of randomly putting the participants into pools and having them fight during the duration of the tournament, probably 3 days again as well like last year.

I'm open to any & every suggestion to make the tournament even better than last year. One of the ideas I had in mind was to dispatch the groups in various cities during the tournament (Ex: Pool A, B & C in Montreal, Pool D, E & F in another city, etc.)...I have time to figure this out but I wanna have as many people involved in the project as possible so I'll gladly appreciate anything you throw at me.

Thanks for thinking of us in your scheduling. One advantage of that is that my whole roster will be available to participate. Anyone you want, full participation. (Inoki and Fujinami would need to be protected in the booking, though). ;)

Can someone write up a history piece? Main Champs promotions closing, etc??

Expand on this?

The draft was June 1983. Since then, this promotion closed, this opened, first closed circuit show, first starrcade, title histories, etc....