Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

I don't think there was a "point" to be got throughout all of this other than the game can change in an instant and people will be able to move freely throughout.

In 1985 there was not this random group of talent not working.

All of us have people in spots and I would encourage everyone, like I did, to take a look at their rosters and offer up some people for you. I know that is the frustration but these things can and will change.

The CAP is a way to set a boundary to work within. It is not meant to be a load up on free agency type deal but more of a way to manage what you have the best way possible within the framework of the 50 or for anyone who only wants 10,20,30, or 40 spots.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there was a "point" to be got throughout all of this other than the game can change in an instant and people will be able to move freely throughout.

In 1985 there was not this random group of talent not working.

All of us have people in spots and I would encourage everyone, like I did, to take a look at their rosters and offer up some people for you. I know that is the frustration but these things can and will change.

The CAP is a way to set a boundary to work within. It is not meant to be a load up on free agency type deal but more of a way to manage what you have the best way possible within the framework of the 50 or for anyone who only wants 10,20,30, or 40 spots.

Again I think you've missed my point. I was merely pointing out that at this stage, there really doesn't need to be a cap because it's grown to the point that your only adding people that others don't want, and no one on the free agency can really change a roster drastically because roster are so big they could easily be replaced if needed.

To call the cap a boundary is a tad ridiculous when in less than two years of the game it has moved from 32 guys up to almost 60 in some causes. 32 two was a cap, 60 isn't really. I understand we don't want wrestlers just sitting around, and that's why it probably isn't really needed at this point.

The league may have to look at what needs to happen if they want more writers to join in future.

It wasn't about who I have.

Where is 60 coming from? The cap is 50... with managers, jobber packs, and wrestlers... are you trying to lump in jobber packs as part of the 60? If you want someone in a pack, ask for them?

What do we need to do for more writers? No one has knocked on the door in a while and those who have (Gammas to Mexico, Gordi to Japan, and you) have all be given rosters. Do we need to lower the cap and give up talent? If we had an influx of people to join then we could definitely look at it. If the argument is that people won't even look, then I am sure there are ways to fix the windows to clear the picture.

Tell me exactly what needs to happen to fix what you see is a problem and we will work towards fixing it. Passively arguing isn't going to get us where we as a group need to be.

Where is 60 coming from? The cap is 50... with managers, jobber packs, and wrestlers... are you trying to lump in jobber packs as part of the 60? If you want someone in a pack, ask for them?

What do we need to do for more writers? No one has knocked on the door in a while and those who have (Gammas to Mexico, Gordi to Japan, and you) have all be given rosters. Do we need to lower the cap and give up talent? If we had an influx of people to join then we could definitely look at it. If the argument is that people won't even look, then I am sure there are ways to fix the windows to clear the picture.

Tell me exactly what needs to happen to fix what you see is a problem and we will work towards fixing it. Passively arguing isn't going to get us where we as a group need to be.

I'm not passive arguing, you ask for an opinion, you didn't understand my point firstly and turn it into me complaining about my roster, who's arguing?

If you have 4 jobber packs and 46 standard talent then that's 58? That was my point.

In terms of new writers, it was a question and a thought rather than something we need to do.

I have no issues with the game and how it's run. Dud to you taking the lead with most on this game, I've asked how I can improve my roster in terms of quality.

Again not about my roster, I fully understand my position...

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/32734-proposal-jobber-section/

I would be more than willing to do away with the jobber packs completely... lower the cap... then just use fake names for jobbers.

It serves the same purpose at this point and it also helps to free people up for roster movement or new writers or expanding rosters or whatever the case may be.

Like I said in a previous comment, the best way to improve your roster is really via trades with other territories. I get that if you want to stick to a certain feel for your territory, it can be complex but I look at what Gene did with Continental and he's done fantastic with it. It's all about patience. In your case, Boon, now that you've joined the NWA with me & fenton, that's gonna allow you many possibilities to add up to the quality of your shows via talent trades & one-offs. I know it did for me at first with WWF and now the NWA.

My comments are about roster size, has nothing to quality in my roster.

Everyone has been very accommodating with sending me guys they can spare. I won't be getting any real names, as people can't spare them, and I'm not expecting them too.

So maybe we can move away from that and go back to my original point before Lowblow went off on a tangent about how I was being passive argumentative about my roster.

Exactly right... I apologize fellas.

So cap will go to 49 June 1st... 50 on January first.

You have the freedom to utilize the individuals on your roster however you would like.

I would still like to have the conversation at some point about doing away with the jobber packs and just use fake names... it serves the same purpose but allows individuals in those packs to be utilized in other promotions rather than being jobbers. I think in doing this... we would definitely look to drop the cap down with it though. 40-45 is more than enough to work with and that frees up some people to be utilized in other ways by other people. I know I can make the change down the line if others can. This then allows for some different talent in free agency if we need to expand that if need be.

I'd be fine with doing away with the jobber packs eventually and going with fake names and such, especially if some other territories feel like they could do something with the guys we use in the jobber packs. Whatever happens, I'm absolutely good with it.

I agree that the "jobber packs" should probably be the first to be done away with as there's a lot of talent tied up as jobbers that people could utilize in new promotions if there was ever a demand for it, of course if there's not a demand then they are just sitting going unused so I would just say cross that bridge when we get there as far as freeing up talent for future players of the game....just my 2 cents.

I just went through my roster and made some cuts down to 40 and it is difficult but doable. I think it will open up some people to move around and with the jobbers...those guys like Gene said could be used somewhere else.

The biggest issue being that we are adding to the free agency pool but we aren't putting in someone who may drastically change a promotion but definitely putting some hands in who could help promotions.

I think all of us could then look at our promotions and see if there are areas for us to give and take and reevaluate what we've got and what we can share. We would just have to keep hard on the 40 cap for wrestlers/managers without the jobber packs... you could still sign someone, like a Steve Lombardi to be your token jobber and be an enhancement type guy which could work. As of right now it would be hard for me to keep an SD Jones in this equation but it would definitely be a spot for him to put someone over... because remember... someone has to lose.

Well again, I think it just needs to be a contingency plan if we have more people that show up wanting to join, if not there's no need to have a huge pool of free agents. We could cap at 45-48 and still be fine after dropping the jobber packs...dropping to 40 could screw up a lot of people's plans...especially for all the people looking to expand and run several territories at once.

Well, I think that this is where alliances come in handy. For instance, with the NWA, we can pretty much exchange talents for one-offs and such. Same for you, Gene, and Kevin with the UWF. If well coordinated with dates and such, you can get away with a smaller roster.

Well again, I think it just needs to be a contingency plan if we have more people that show up wanting to join, if not there's no need to have a huge pool of free agents. We could cap at 45-48 and still be fine after dropping the jobber packs...dropping to 40 could screw up a lot of people's plans...especially for all the people looking to expand and run several territories at once.

This exactly. Thank you Gene.

I just put a LOT of names out there... let's try and go through some of these lists and see who needs to be taken off for one reason or another. Thanks for everyone's help!

That also includes workers specific to Japan and Mexico.

Grimmas sent me a message quitting Mexico so it is open for an individual who wants to take it. But we can modify the lists from there.

Dexstar is coming back to take over PR.

He is still setting up how it will work.

He will post his initial roster in the Free Agent thread and get going soon.

AWA, UWF, and NWA... get to recruiting... ;)

Was so close to pushing the button on picking up Carlos Colon and Hercules Ayala this afternoon, welcome back Dexstar