Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

At this point there shouldn't be a draft in a while. Unless you can make a case as to why and how they would be used consistently, seems they are best served in the way they are being utilized.

The only way would be to be sat on a roster, that's not me making a case, just stating.

A question I have got to ask, and looking for more of an opinion, how do grow my roster with my current guys?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point there shouldn't be a draft in a while. Unless you can make a case as to why and how they would be used consistently, seems they are best served in the way they are being utilized.

The only way would be to be sat on a roster, that's not me making a case, just stating.

A question I have got to ask, and looking for more of an opinion, how do grow my roster with my current guys?

That's something we have to look at long term. We do have the rookie draft and the beginning of the year... that along with possible alliance loans... those would be the two ways right off the top of my head.

In regards to Lawler and Rock N Roll... with all the turnover on the Memphis rosters over the last year they just sat there... now they are being used, quite a bit actually, and shouldn't prove to be too unavailable. If they are, then I would reach out to the individual who has times with them that conflict with yours. If we go down the line and look at a time in which it would be beneficial to have them full time on a roster for the best of the group, then we would go that route. At this point, I would say that freelance is the best thing for them with all the different avenues we've got.

That's something we have to look at long term. We do have the rookie draft and the beginning of the year... that along with possible alliance loans... those would be the two ways right off the top of my head.

In regards to Lawler and Rock N Roll... with all the turnover on the Memphis rosters over the last year they just sat there... now they are being used, quite a bit actually, and shouldn't prove to be too unavailable. If they are, then I would reach out to the individual who has times with them that conflict with yours. If we go down the line and look at a time in which it would be beneficial to have them full time on a roster for the best of the group, then we would go that route. At this point, I would say that freelance is the best thing for them with all the different avenues we've got.

And that is in no way plead about new talent, I'm more that happy with my roster at the moment but can only do so much with those guys before it becomes hard work and boring.

Another question, how much value do you guys see in wrestlers and they way there are booked in this project or do you think they will always be based on real life. Can anyone really add stock or value through booking from us?

In doing a similar project a couple of years ago... I spent a good 2-3 years building up Joe Hennig and had him hold the world title for almost 7 months and it went over well. Looking at my own roster... I think the idea of the Fantastics in the WWF, the early form of Demolition in the Machines, and even Gino Hernandez and Chris Adams will be real diamonds in the rough for me.

I have some other people I plan on doing "pet projects" with, but like you said... adding stock to someone or value through our booking could prove to be difficult if we don't turn off the real life blinders.

Some of the unknown guys could be good or even like a Butch Reed or someone who was destined to be a bigger name that didn't pan out would be a fun way to build things up.

I look at Luger and Rick Steiner... in the AWA... he is doing some great work. Obviously we know what they would become but he is doing some good work easy in their careers.

I think with roster sizes as they are could also be a factor on people not building stock in this timeline. It'll be interesting to see if any one would trade for example Ron Starr, who will be a centre point for me, for let's say Harley Race whose stock in real timeline was starting to drop...

Of course, agreed 100%. But in our current situation, I think that for small territories like yours and mine, alliances with bigger territories are key to help its growth. That's why first Lutte struck a deal with WWF and now has joined the National Wrestling Alliance. This alliance allows me to do so much more as a satellite promotion for Mid-Atlantic and as I look at Smokey Mountain, the very same can be accomplished. Even moreso for you, who runs an area close to Mid-Atlantic; it's gonna be even more easy for you to build up your guys by having them work with Mid-Atlantic for instance (and even Continental if you choose to).

Guys ive debuted Ricky Vaughan this week who is otherwise known in real life as Lance Von Erich. Now I dont think he has been used as Lance in the game, so Im going by his name he used in Portland in 1984. He's a big atheletic guy at 6'2 and 260 lbs, he had a run on the top of Portland tagging with Billy Jack Haynes, before his ill fated run with Fitz in World Class as Lance. Please forget he was ever Lance, because if anything he got the look of a superstar..

01.jpg

I used him as Lance in a big feud with the VonErichs. He then turned babyface and lost a loser-leave town match against Akbar's Devastation Inc. on the TV Special, Last Stand in December.

Okay cool thanks Kevin. I haven't planned on mentioning the Von Erich stuff, but good to know.

Question for the group about a retirement...

Johnny Weaver has a handful of matches throughout 1985, but doesn't look like anything regular. I'd like to retire him from the game and move him permanently as a color commentator for World Wide Wrestling.

Does anyone object to this? Or would like to use him in another role (such as a manager, etc)?

Thanks guys.

Been felling shit this week, so done a condensed show this week so not to fall behind.

Hit me up when you're back so we can talk loans for the summer if you're interested.

I'm all good, just felt rough last couple of days and rather than fall behind, I did brief.

Let me know what youve got...

I just wanted to try and get a better understanding of where people are at in this territorial issue I saw today. I have been asked to move locations twice in the game to allow for new writers and both times I obliged. When I first started in Memphis, I had relationships with both the AWA and the NWA and then went to Mid-South where I was also told that Texas was opened so I ran Louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Arkansas and Texas. A sort of Mid-South-World Class combo. I joined these two promotions into the USWA and broke free of both AWA and NWA and went independent.

Being independent, I thought that restrictions of where to run where kind of lessened and when Gene left the last time, I began to run in Memphis again which was actually a USWA base. Currently I have a Watts-VonErich-Jarrett feud going and am running in old UWF and USWA areas which includes what I said before + Missouri.

Am I wrong in my thinking that this game has warped into more national programs and the restrictions of where to run have been lessened especially since we are all recognizing different world champions.

If I am wrong and have stepped on any bodies toes, please let me know I and I will back out of any area that you believe to be yours. A venue to me is just a line in my event while I understand that many of you do a much better job then me in giving wins o local talent or pushing certain people who are hot in an area. I also think that since we are a limited group, we try and bring the sport to regions that do not currently have a promotion. I mean in the perfect world, Portland and other great cities would be represented.

Maybe we should hash this out and decide where people should be and where they plan to expand if they do.

As I stated before in the other thread, I don't think there's any reason for anything impossible to be worked out. In my situation, WWF is expanding north of the border in Montreal & Toronto and LowBlow & I worked something out together that will fit in nicely in kayfabe. As I understood it, I think that rain had mostly a problem with it because Minneapolis & Milwaukee are two really core cities that have been notoriously & always been branded AWA. In that aspect, I absolutely understand why rain got upset over it, especially since AWA is still a big territory in the game right now. In my case, even with my affiliation with the NWA in the game, my territory is one of the smallest (although now unless Stampede returns, I can pretty much run everywhere in Canada) so in the logic of things, it made sense for me that WWF would try to get a foot in my territory and somehow having to step aside a bit - at least, tweaking things a little bit.

In the grand scheme of things, we're all working together to make this project fun and an alteration of what it truly was. So, I really do think that we shall always be able to find compromises when a problematic situation arises. In this case, looks like it has been solved quickly without any further issues. Communication is key and while mishaps are bound to happen, there's no reason to complicate things. We're all grown ups and we can handle things maturely ;)

I had relationships with both the AWA and the NWA and then went to Mid-South where I was also told that Texas was opened so I ran Louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Arkansas and Texas. A sort of Mid-South-World Class combo. I joined these two promotions into the USWA and broke free of both AWA and NWA and went independent.

Being independent, I thought that restrictions of where to run where kind of lessened and when Gene left the last time, I began to run in Memphis again which was actually a USWA base. Currently I have a Watts-VonErich-Jarrett feud going and am running in old UWF and USWA areas which includes what I said before + Missouri.

Just speaking for myself, and just speaking on the part of your post that I excerpted: I love what you are doing with this. The Watts-VonErich-Jarrett feud is incredibly compelling and you are doing a great job with it.

After making some searches online, I came upon the realization that there could be some confusion with my championship belts with Lutte Internationale. I found out that the NWA International Tag Team Championship was a regional championship sanctioned by the NWA defended mostly with All-Japan (and previously with the JWA. So to avoid any confusion going further, my championships will be referred as such:

NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship (currently held by Terry Funk)

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship (currently held by Rick Martel & Gino Brito)

NWA Canadian International TV Championship (currently held by Gino Brito)

That way, if gordi wants to make this title active with his JWA, this will prevent any confusion with my championships in Lutte.