Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After making some searches online, I came upon the realization that there could be some confusion with my championship belts with Lutte Internationale. I found out that the NWA International Tag Team Championship was a regional championship sanctioned by the NWA defended mostly with All-Japan (and previously with the JWA. So to avoid any confusion going further, my championships will be referred as such:

NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship (currently held by Terry Funk)

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship (currently held by Rick Martel & Gino Brito)

NWA Canadian International TV Championship (currently held by Gino Brito)

That way, if gordi wants to make this title active with his JWA, this will prevent any confusion with my championships in Lutte.

I appreciate the consideration. It was held by Tenryu and Tsuruta in '85... so maybe there might be a story to tell there some time down the road...

Like I said, just too many toes to step on over things. No reason we can't share cities w different arenas. I will keep with exactly what I have. If we make it to 86 we should revisit expansion ideas and see what we can do.

In reality, I could just post shows and not the towns if it is really hindering someones experience.

Honestly, if LowBlow and I were able to make our situation work out, there's absolutely no reason whatsoever why no one else in the game can't share towns too.

Let's remember that first and foremost, it's a GAME. We're doing this for FUN. No need to get pissy about it & having our feathers ruffled over that. LowBlow isn't Vince McMahon for real.

No, I'm not implying that anyone was stupid and needy. I said from the start that I understood both points of view were valid. But there hasn't been anything so far since I joined the game that couldn't be worked out. Sharing arenas shouldn't be an issue, IMO.

I am having problems with my home internet and will only be able to pop in using cafe or convenience store internet until that gets sorted out. We have just started the Golden Week holidays here, so it's pretty bad timing.

Would anyone be interested in doing monthly rankings like Pro Wrestling Magazine did. We could do a Top 10 Wrestlers, Top 10 Tag Teams, 10 Most Hated and Top 10 Most Popular. We could each nominate 3 people for each category and then submit our monthly picks with 10 points for a first place vote and 1 point for a 10th place vote.

We could even open this up to outside readers and maybe get them more interested and see if they would join.

Our votes should be based on how the wrestlers are doing in our game and not in real life.

I would love to run this thread if you guys are interested. I do recommend that we can't vote for our own promotion.

You could PM me your nominations on the first of the month. I would make the ballot and then you guys could pm your votes.

Just an idea!

Small proposal out there...

With June 1st coming up... I would open the option for a 49th spot for your roster for a jobber pack, manager, or worker... then on January 1st we set the cap at 50.

If we make it to 1987... then we can move the cap up.

50 is MORE than enough to move around with.

What do you guys think?

June 1st cap to 49

January 1st cap to 50 and it stays at 50 for all of 1986?

The point is not to change a promotion, rather allow opportunity for growth within or around the specific individuals a promotion has, regardless of free agency. The cap is not what you have to have in terms of a number but rather the most that you can have. You have the freedom to utilize those 50 spots or even 20... depending on how you want. That is your choice.

We will have the rookie draft in December for next year's fresh faces which will allow some growth. Again, not a huge opportunity but maybe 2-3 spots for some fresh young talent will work and then "older' talent may be freed up to come in as well.

Again this is an organic game with change. People come and people go, we know this. There will be roster movement over the next 2-3 months. People will be freed up to move around.

The point is not to change a promotion, rather allow opportunity for growth within or around the specific individuals a promotion has, regardless of free agency. The cap is not what you have to have in terms of a number but rather the most that you can have. You have the freedom to utilize those 50 spots or even 20... depending on how you want. That is your choice.

We will have the rookie draft in December for next year's fresh faces which will allow some growth. Again, not a huge opportunity but maybe 2-3 spots for some fresh young talent will work and then "older' talent may be freed up to come in as well.

Again this is an organic game with change. People come and people go, we know this. There will be roster movement over the next 2-3 months. People will be freed up to move around.

Wasn't the point I was getting at...

I get what you're saying, Boon. Free agency is mostly just to beef up a roster with lower midcard and enhancement talent at this point. The heavy lifting is made with the trades and such. Besides, some of us prefer to keep a smaller roster, others want to take full advantage of it and that's absolutely cool.