Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you feel like you can contribute and stick around, I got no objection personally.

For the time being I believe I can.

Maybe best to cover Memphis, looking at potential roster, might be easier to revive my Smoky Mountian stuff I left off with last year? Couldn't do justice to Memphis with these guys...

• 2 weeks later...

Shit and giggles here...

Who would be up for a dice game to have someone get "injured" on your roster?

We have 48 spots... subtract managers or jobbers and get down to 36. This means you can protect some people.

Then we do a dice roll for ever six.. whomever makes it 1-6 goes to the next round.

Then the next round you have your six people who are up for injury and we roll once to see which of yhe six gets picked and roll again to see how long they would be out... 1-6 months.

Any takers with me??

So like I roll a 1 and I get April for an injury

The injury happens to savage and I lose him for six months

But since I rolled a 1... I now have to roll again and say I roll a 1 again... in may I would have another injury and maybe lose Nokia for 3 months...

So I could have back to back injury months and lose a lot or a little depending on luck

My suggestion might not be very popular but...why not only randomize from our whole roster (minus jobbers & managers) who gets injured? I know this might throw a monkey wrench in our plans (hell, I'll admit that losing Rick Martel for 6 months would suck) but think about how this could make the comeback story interesting.

Anyway, just throwing it out there.

My suggestion might not be very popular but...why not only randomize from our whole roster (minus jobbers & managers) who gets injured? I know this might throw a monkey wrench in our plans (hell, I'll admit that losing Rick Martel for 6 months would suck) but think about how this could make the comeback story interesting.

That's how I prefer it, no saves and no pre warning. If injury happens it's immediate. You can do an angle or something, but companies don't get to plan out there injuries in real life.

That's how I prefer it, no saves and no pre warning. If injury happens it's immediate. You can do an angle or something, but companies don't get to plan out there injuries in real life.

Posted the injury wire...

I understand the logic here... but the only reason I offered up what I did was to even out the 36 for the dice portion of it.

You can still lose Martel for 6 months if he gets picked... just one of those chances.

I'd like to keep some realm of control on it as some may lose interest if their number one star or favorite person is out for six-months... especially with there being no certified shelf-life of the game in general.

I understand the logic here... but the only reason I offered up what I did was to even out the 36 for the dice portion of it.

You can still lose Martel for 6 months if he gets picked... just one of those chances.

I'd like to keep some realm of control on it as some may lose interest if their number one star or favorite person is out for six-months... especially with there being no certified shelf-life of the game in general.

Why not use a random number generator instead of dice then?

Losing a number one star would make the game more fun in my book.

Yeah, use Random.org to do this instead of a dice. It's a genuine random software.

As for my suggestion, I totally understand, thus why I said it might be unpopular. But whatever we settle with, I'm fine.

Yeah, use Random.org to do this instead of a dice. It's a genuine random software.

As for my suggestion, I totally understand, thus why I said it might be unpopular. But whatever we settle with, I'm fine.

I'm happy to go with consensus...