Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

Dexstar is coming back to take over PR.

He is still setting up how it will work.

He will post his initial roster in the Free Agent thread and get going soon.

AWA, UWF, and NWA... get to recruiting... ;)

Was so close to pushing the button on picking up Carlos Colon and Hercules Ayala this afternoon, welcome back Dexstar

Glad I pulled the trigger ... the rowdy PR crowds might not have been able to handle a WWC without Carlos. I'll be posting full roster from the FA pool later today!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dexstar is coming back to take over PR.

He is still setting up how it will work.

He will post his initial roster in the Free Agent thread and get going soon.

AWA, UWF, and NWA... get to recruiting... ;)

Was so close to pushing the button on picking up Carlos Colon and Hercules Ayala this afternoon, welcome back Dexstar

Glad I pulled the trigger ... the rowdy PR crowds might not have been able to handle a WWC without Carlos. I'll be posting full roster from the FA pool later today!

Was just thinking of things to do with Hugo Savinovich when I stop using Lawler at the end of the month, and those two were an idea

With Dex coming back in, free agency is getting pretty thin. Would anyone have a problem if I added a view people who I know were active in 85 in Hawaii which was part of the NWA. Names like Farmer Boy Ipo, Samoan LeRoy Brown, Mighty Milo, Super Samoan Sakalia and Superfly Tui Selinga.

With Dex coming back in, free agency is getting pretty thin. Would anyone have a problem if I added a view people who I know were active in 85 in Hawaii which was part of the NWA. Names like Farmer Boy Ipo, Samoan LeRoy Brown, Mighty Milo, Super Samoan Sakalia and Superfly Tui Selinga.

I don't think there is any harm in it, whether people see value in them. I told Dex to look at some results for WWC in 1985 as there will be some guys missing like Barrabas, The Invaders and Miguel Perez Jr...

I do think maybe we should look into a "protected" "unprotected" list to help myself and Dex grow our rosters with some quality even if it just involves selecting 3 to 5 guys to help add some quality.

I know it won't be a popular message, and be shot down, but wouldn't see the harm in allowing us select maybe 3 to 5 guys from across the game to help us out.

I'll place my tin hat on now and duck...

Not sure what you mean with protected vs unprotected. The entire list is open to you.

I mean from others rosters. So you guys protect X amount of wrestlers and me and Dex get to select 5 or so names to add some quality...

I had a nice message pointing out the "quality" topic that we were all told was not an issue but here we are with it being brought up once again.

Let's look at a supplemental draft type deal after June 1st.

Each promotion can give from 5-10 people up that PR and Smokey Mountain can pick... perhaps we do a quick 6 round type deal depending on all who is given up... could be more if there is the talent.

I had a nice message pointing out the "quality" topic that we were all told was not an issue but here we are with it being brought up once again.

Why are you so against it? I'll pass on it if it's an issue to you.

No... I just don't like the passivity of the argument.

I would prefer for things to be up front "I would like to have more quality on my roster, please give me talent to do so. Can you guys help?"

I am all about the growth of the game obviously.

That's why I have taken the leadership role of helping everyone get going.

The supplemental draft is the best option.

I know there are a lot of trades on June 1st so we will wait until those go through and then we can put together lists and get it going from there.

No... I just don't like the passivity of the argument.

I would prefer for things to be up front "I would like to have more quality on my roster, please give me talent to do so. Can you guys help?"

I am all about the growth of the game obviously.

That's why I have taken the leadership role of helping everyone get going.

The supplemental draft is the best option.

I know there are a lot of trades on June 1st so we will wait until those go through and then we can put together lists and get it going from there.

What was passive aggressive about it this time? It was a suggestion. You have blown a simple comment out of the water and thrown a strop, again. Seriously I'm happy with what I've got, I'd rather not rock the LowBlow boat...

I have offered both Boon and now Dex at least 6-8 names on my roster. As to date, neither has wanted any.

I also recently joined the NWAR game but missed the draft. I had to choose a roster from left over talent and that is what I did. A couple of players were nice enough to offer a one or two guys but it was my fault for missing the draft.

If we do this, can we make it to where we automatically get our people back that were taken from us if someone drops out? This kind of thing makes it hard to make longterm plans when we have to arbitrarily give people up for a draft after spending weeks and months statigically building a roster through trades and such...especially after already giving up people help folks out.

I have offered both Boon and now Dex at least 6-8 names on my roster. As to date, neither has wanted any.

I also recently joined the NWAR game but missed the draft. I had to choose a roster from left over talent and that is what I did. A couple of players were nice enough to offer a one or two guys but it was my fault for missing the draft.

You have indeed Kevin, but they just haven't been what I wanted. I'm grateful for everyone's help, I've had loads of it. It was merely a suggestion to add some quality.

I'm speaking for myself, Dex may have other opinions. But twice I've made the suggestion and twice been shut down and told I'm distruptive...

Only after my usual smaller roster if you can accommodate, don't want to upset the apple cart...

Just curious: What has happened between March 20th and now that you are no longer content with "(your) usual small roster"?

I'm not in any way opposed to sending talent your way or making guys available in a supplemental draft. I'm quite happy to help out how I can... but I do wonder why your attitude about the roster has apparently changed.

Only after my usual smaller roster if you can accommodate, don't want to upset the apple cart...

Just curious: What has happened between March 20th and now that you are no longer content with "(your) usual small roster"?

I'm not in any way opposed to sending talent your way or making guys available in a supplemental draft. I'm quite happy to help out how I can... but I do wonder why your attitude about the roster has apparently changed.

It's not about numbers really more just a bit of quality to get excited about booking, I'd struggle to have 35-40 odd wrestlers and make them mean something.

Again was a suggestion.

I'll pass and carry on as I was. Was merely making a suggestion.

And too Genes point, you have help out massively. It wasn't a point of hoarding loads of guys and then just quitting.

I know I offered talent to you as well Boon and was told in so many words if they weren't Calgary guys, you would just try to trade them.

Again... this is an idea to help both of you... it works for everyone... we can offer up talent... though if you don't see quality in what is offered there isn't too much we can do about that... all we can do is continue to try and help as it sounds like WE all have.

It's not about numbers really more just a bit of quality to get excited about booking, I'd struggle to have 35-40 odd wrestlers and make them mean something.

That makes sense. More guys will become available with the Fresh Faces drafts and so on... but I could see wanting to get some more going sooner rather than later.

It's not much, but: I'm always up for a talent exchange. That Akira for Hickerson swap seems to be working well for both guys. Feel free to pm me any time if there's anyone on my roster you wanna use.

I know I offered talent to you as well Boon and was told in so many words if they weren't Calgary guys, you would just try to trade them.

Again... this is an idea to help both of you... it works for everyone... we can offer up talent... though if you don't see quality in what is offered there isn't too much we can do about that... all we can do is continue to try and help as it sounds like WE all have.

In fact the conversation was out of your roster I was only really interested in the Calargy guys and anyone you offered up would be wrestlers I'd probably only use to trade off and didn't want to leave a bad taste.

I honestly don't want cause any fiction, so will pass on the draft, and keep going as I am.

That makes sense. More guys will become available with the Fresh Faces drafts and so on... but I could see wanting to get some more going sooner rather than later.

It's not much, but: I'm always up for a talent exchange. That Akira for Hickerson swap seems to be working well for both guys. Feel free to pm me any time if there's anyone on my roster you wanna use.

It does and everyone has been great with loans and trades. It again was merely a suggestion to add some quality names, I'm booking Gama Singh as my top heel, Gama Singh has been rarely since the start of this game, but there's only so much you can do with him.

Just to put end to this, it was merely a suggestion to help two new writers out and keep them going. I don't want there to be a reluctantancy to people giving wrestlers up.

In the same breathe I don't want to be in a draft with a load of guys that wouldn't better my roster and then be told I'm ungrateful etc.

So best not to over this again...

After speaking with some other promoters... you will have the opportunity to pass on these supplemental draft.

We can offer talent and if you want to pick them you can.

I can say 100% on my own behalf and from speaking to others privately that the "reluctantancy" is not about giving up talent.

The supplemental draft can work if you're interested in who we offer, if not, then be direct and say who you'd like to have a shot with.