Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! He's the guy I thought would make the most sense as someone who could have had a career in Japan as a monster gaijin. I love everyone's picks so far. There seems to be an upside to the collapse of Memphis.

I have a plan for my draft pick that I have been waiting years to use, pre-dating the 1983 project.

I was looking in the Wikipedia article on Scott Hall to see where he was in his career at this time and spotted this :

The team defeated Jimmy Garvin and Steve Regal for the AWA World Tag Team Championship on January 18, 1986, in a 58-minute match in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

58 minutes? With "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal? ... THE HELL????

I'll be honest; I was sure that USWA would pick Bill Dundee or Eric Embry instead of Buddy Landell.

But yeah, gordi, you got the sleeper pick with Bam Bam going to Japan.

Looks like Bockwinkel & Martel better get ready for Larry Z in April! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Southpaw has given me the urge to write/book some Southern wrestling...

At first I thought you meant that dumb Jake Gyllenhaal movie... but how could that be? So, I searched for "Southpaw"

Good GAWD is that ever amazing. Russev the farmer! :lol: Cena's "Lance Catamaran" voice is the greatest thing he's ever done... I'm dying.

Hopefully we can make some room for you. Have you been reading kevin and Gene's threads here? The scene down south is going crazy right now.

Southpaw has given me the urge to write/book some Southern wrestling, any chance of jumping in guys?

It is obviously an open group but what happened when you vanished last time with no communication?

I don't want to be negative as I have said I enjoy your work and your effort in the past. Right now we are all doing a pretty good job and I want to keep that going and I think that you could definitely help that, I am just fearful of people giving up talent and then us having the same situation we were in a couple of months ago when you were gone without communication and we had to sit on the rosters for a while.

If we can get it worked out to try and be as risk free as possible, I definitely think we can get you going, I just want to do what is best for every person involved as we are all working really hard right now and going in the right direction.

Southpaw has given me the urge to write/book some Southern wrestling, any chance of jumping in guys?

It is obviously an open group but what happened when you vanished last time with no communication?

I don't want to be negative as I have said I enjoy your work and your effort in the past. Right now we are all doing a pretty good job and I want to keep that going and I think that you could definitely help that, I am just fearful of people giving up talent and then us having the same situation we were in a couple of months ago when you were gone without communication and we had to sit on the rosters for a while.

If we can get it worked out to try and be as risk free as possible, I definitely think we can get you going, I just want to do what is best for every person involved as we are all working really hard right now and going in the right direction.

Fair point, unfortunately real life got in the way. Can't guarantee it wouldn't happen again, hopefully not. Only after my usual smaller roster if you can accommodate, don't want to upset the apple cart...

Fair point, unfortunately real life got in the way. Can't guarantee it wouldn't happen again, hopefully not. Only after my usual smaller roster if you can accommodate, don't want to upset the apple cart...

That's exactly what I was hoping for. Obviously real life messes with us all... only thing I ever ask is communication so we can keep the group as a whole moving forward. Take a look through free agents... work with some of the promotions and see what you come up with.

I know you suggested southern wrestling... but there is probably a fun group of guys from England around this time with Big Daddy and others if you'd ever want to take a stab at that. Then we would have Mexico, Japan, and Europe to work with... just a thought.

That's exactly what I was hoping for. Obviously real life messes with us all... only thing I ever ask is communication so we can keep the group as a whole moving forward. Take a look through free agents... work with some of the promotions and see what you come up with.

I know you suggested southern wrestling... but there is probably a fun group of guys from England around this time with Big Daddy and others if you'd ever want to take a stab at that. Then we would have Mexico, Japan, and Europe to work with... just a thought.

I'd rather stay away from England if possible, I'm happy to run as an outlaw promotion in the Tennessee/West Virginia area using a smaller raw base. Not after any massive names, just a few mid card guys who can headline little towns.

Looking at free wire it's tight, but can put something together, I'll have a look. But definitely not after 50 odd guys or people to give up main eventers...

Southpaw has given me the urge to write/book some Southern wrestling...

At first I thought you meant that dumb Jake Gyllenhaal movie... but how could that be? So, I searched for "Southpaw"

Good GAWD is that ever amazing. Russev the farmer! :lol: Cena's "Lance Catamaran" voice is the greatest thing he's ever done... I'm dying.

Hopefully we can make some room for you. Have you been reading kevin and Gene's threads here? The scene down south is going crazy right now.

Kevin and Gene do a great job of recreating the feel down south. Has anyone got Memphis covered? I saw you guys had a draft recently? Would be happy to revive that territory?

And thanks Kev, I knew you would. Got a core of 15-20 roster from the the free agency, so if anyone has got anything fair and it fits, happy to bring them in.