Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know the date on the Fans v. Dundee/Dutch match they just put up and whether we have it or not

Looks like it's from 8/4/85 based on comparing it to the Gilbert/Reed match from the same night. I don't know how many you guys watched for the DVDVR set and didn't include but it's definitely not one of the 2 that got on that set.

Don't have a WWE Network sub anymore so no Battleground for me tonight. I just watched Barry Orton vs. Lanny Poffo 5/25/84 and it was pretty good. Very solid undercard match. Nothing fancy but well worked. Worth the 10 minutes.

Barbarian John Nord vs. Shawn Michaels is less than 2 minutes but if you want to watch a squash match, this isn't a bad one to watch. Nord does some cool power stuff and Shawn takes great bumps.

Barry Orton vs. Dr. Death 6/8/84 is only 6 minutes but I'm not sure I'd really recommend it. I mean it's ok but nothing memorable, Dr. Death isn't good yet.

The JYD/Reed stuff makes it a serious contender for feud of the year.

The 2 gimmick matches are both great, doesn't look like they had anything else in Houston from that year except the 6 man I didn't like. I think JYD must have bailed in between the Dog Collar match and the 8/3/84 show that has this main event:

Steel Cage Match: Hacksaw Duggan d. Butch Reed - which I assume was supposed to be JYD instead of Duggan based on Duggan also working Hercules earlier on the card

Anybody know the date on the Fans v. Dundee/Dutch match they just put up and whether we have it or not

I'm guessing this because we have the Reed-Gilbert match uploaded. August 4, 1985 I'd guess no we don't have it.

The Fantastics vs. Bill Dundee & Dutch Mantel (8/9/85)

The Fantastics vs. Bill Dundee & Dutch Mantel (Tulsa 9/8/85)

The Fantastics vs. Bill Dundee & Dutch Mantel (Whip on a Pole) (TV 10/4/85)

These 3 matches I know are available. So I guess this is a new one.

Kerry Von Erich vs Gino Hernandez 12/27/84

This was a really good match.In some earlier Gino we saw this opportunistic young punk who wasn't afraid to throw hands. Here he's morphed into this charismatic, big bumping, stooging heel who's a heat magnet. This was 2 rings and they used them. Gino did some cat and mouse spots. It was a fun back and forth bout. By the end Keryy's bleeding. 3 1/4* I think this might be new.

I liked this although I was a little disappointed in just how much stooging & stalling Gino did in this match. There were definitely some fun spots in this though, especially Gino getting crotched on the top rope.

I also watched Iceman King Parsons vs. Dale Veasey. It was a 6 minute match that happened. That's all I got.

The Fantastics vs Bill Dundee/Dutch Mantell 8/4/85

This is a new match and it's great. We see all the girls trampling themselves for a piece of a Fantastic. It's insane here. We get a brawl early. Finally we settle down. In the Fantastics opening shine they're great. The heels especially Dundee are showing ass. Finally, they get heat on Fulton. This was solid. Hot tag Rogers, boom bam boom. 3 1/4*

Terry Taylor vs Jake Roberts 4/19/85

I liked Jake on top early. He had cool angles with his wristlocks. Taylor's work on top was pretty pedestrian. Jake back on top. I'm enjoyoing. The headlock work was really interesting. He transitioned into a vertical chin lock. Roberts snaps his neck on the ropes. Taylor does a payback spot. Taylor catches Jake with a flash pin. 2 3/4*

shoe why is there an empty space large enough to drive a truck through after your Terry Taylor vs. Jake the Snake Okada review?

I really need to watch that Bunkhouse Battle Royal. Dr Death came out wearing his football helmet!

shoe why is there an empty space large enough to drive a truck through after your Terry Taylor vs. Jake the Snake Okada review?

I really need to watch that Bunkhouse Battle Royal. Dr Death came out wearing his football helmet!

I have no idea. I was typing fell asleep. I awoke to that and assumed it would fix itself.

Tony Atlas & Junkyard Dog vs. The Dynamic Duo 10/8/82

This falls into the fun file. I liked Gino's shoe shine stuff pre match. The best part of the match was when the heels were bumping and stooging around. We got a double FIP section with neither face excelling in. The Dynamic Duo came across as a top heel team. Still the crowd was hot for all of this. 2 1/2*

Tony Atlas & Junkyard Dog vs. The Dynamic Duo 10/8/82

This falls into the fun file. I liked Gino's shoe shine stuff pre match. The best part of the match was when the heels were bumping and stooging around. We got a double FIP section with neither face excelling in. The Dynamic Duo came across as a top heel team. Still the crowd was hot for all of this. 2 1/2*

Yea this was mostly the Gino & Tully show although I saw a few flashes from The Dog especially the bit where he's avoiding Tully or Gino before making the hot tag to Tony where he was moving way faster than I've ever seen him move.

So with the Bunkhouse Battle Royal, I have now watched 26 matches from the site since July 4th. I might post a lot but I'm not among the heavyweights of footage watching on this board by any means so for me to have watched that much already just tells you how awesome this stuff is.

It's crazy to think that there are probably already more hours of footage from the Sam Houston Coliseum up on NWAClassics.com than there are of Madison Square Garden on the WWE Network.

Just bit the bullet on this but probably won't be using it much until the app is available. Selection looks great!

Butch Reed vs. Eddie Gilbert

Really dug how Gilbert sold the fact that simply getting within Reed's reach was dangerous. Nice arm work from Gilbert to counter Reed's power. Reed is so god damn strong that a simple vertical suplex looks like death and the crowd pops accordingly. Reed murders Gilbert with a shoulder block for the win. Fun weasel heel vs powerhouse match. Going to sleep now but can't wait to check out more of this stuff tomorrow. Footage was pristine.

Dick Slater vs Jake Roberts 1/31/86 DDT is legal

This is a new bout as well. Some of this card had been aired elsewhere. This was a really great bout. We start with some brawling. Slater plasters Jake with a chair. Slater does some real good work on Jake's neck. Slater busts Jake on a post and goes to town on his cut. Jake really is great at gaining sympathy from the crowd. Jake wants revenge and gives Slater a chair shot. Jake works the neck. Slater piledrives Jake. Now their is a lot of chaos in the ring and bam out of nowhere Jake drops Slater with the DDT. Hell of a match, and the finish was perfect. 4*

• Loss unpinned this topic