Pro Wrestling Only

Crazy Idea... Hear it out!

goodhelmet

I don't know how well this is going to go over but I want to throw it out there anyway... nobody saw Dylan leaving and he has his reasons but I don't think he will be the last. Sometimes, life is just oging to get the best of people. My first thought when Portland went down, was to give it to Vancouver. My first thought if ICW went down would be to give it to Memphis, etc. Would you be interested in coming up with a territory merge system where when somebody drops out, a sister territory "wins the war". So lets say Kris has Georgia... the sister territory would be Southeastern or JCP. ICW is to Memphis. WWF to Toronto. WWA to AWA, etc. So, if goc drops out of San Antonio, Fritz wins the war and Jesse Ewiak would get Southwest and merge with WCCW and vice versa.

This is what I was thinking from the territories we have...

Portland - Vancouver

Florida - Puerto Rico

Memphis - ICW

Southwest - WCCW

AWA - WWA

Central States- Mid South

Georgia - Southeastern

Stampede - Montreal

JCP or WWF - Maple Leaf

Joe Blanchard accepts this arrangement but would also like it to be known that WCCW will only win the war over his cold, dead body.

But you still can't take all the talent in one swoop. You can have the territory but talent has to be dispersed. I am ok with the KrisZ idea of letting the person who is doing the merger decide who to keep off the roster but if you bring one from the dead territory you should also have to displace someone from your own roster to go into a draft.

Joe Blanchard accepts this arrangement but would also like it to be known that WCCW will only win the war over his cold, dead body.

But you still can't take all the talent in one swoop. You can have the territory but talent has to be dispersed. I am ok with the KrisZ idea of letting the person who is doing the merger decide who to keep off the roster but if you bring one from the dead territory you should also have to displace someone from your own roster to go into a draft.

This is fine. The whole purpose is to see if somebody over the long haul can actually pull a Vince McMahon. It gets real interesting when you take over and have to run twice the towns and plays into Parv's "winning the game' theory. Can somebody actually maintain this long enough for everyone else to drop off?

I kind of like this, since it mimics real life.

Maybe even add in that the winner of the war gets to take a couple of pieces of talent and the rest goes into allocation draft.

By the way Toronto will go national at some point, so I am ready to incorporate Montreal, Stampede, Vancouver, Portland, WWF and AWA when the time comes. Outside of that... I think that is as large as Maple Leaf Wrestling should get.

Not wanting to make things more complicated, but what would be the provision for re-opening a territory? If , say, 6 months or so down the line, somebody new wants to join in the fun, what could we do to allow them to join in? Or should we just burn that bridge when we come to it?

I think when someone leaves we take a little while before merging out the talent. If somebody wants to join the game they go on the waiting list and if someone backs out the first person the waiting list gets the promotion, if nobody is on the list the promotion folds.

It is an interesting and fun concept, but as booker of JCP, we kind of get the shaft due to the fact that MLW is doing pretty good and would definitely be a promotion running for some time. There could be a different way to pair up and/or randomize it somehow. If it was reality, JCP would be up against Georgia, Mid South, Florida, and some of those other territories that they absorbed over the years while the WWF really took over the northern promotions. A good start though.

It is an interesting and fun concept, but as booker of JCP, we kind of get the shaft due to the fact that MLW is doing pretty good and would definitely be a promotion running for some time. There could be a different way to pair up and/or randomize it somehow. If it was reality, JCP would be up against Georgia, Mid South, Florida, and some of those other territories that they absorbed over the years while the WWF really took over the northern promotions. A good start though.

Would this work better?

Portland - Vancouver

JCP - Florida

Memphis - ICW

Southwest - WCCW

AWA - WWA

Central States- Mid South

Georgia - Southeastern

Stampede - Montreal

WWF - Maple Leaf

Geographically the best expansion for JCP would be to go north of Richmond, VA & the best expansion for WWF would be to go south of Washington DC so I think maybe they should be paired up. JCP - Florida doesn't really work because you have to cross over Georgia.

Here is what I got looking at the territory map. With 19 territories, something is going to be the odd one out so I left Southwest out as I have stuff planned out to get me to at least July 1984.

Portland - Vancouver
Stampede - AWA
Toronto - Montreal
JCP - WWF
Florida - Puerto Rico
Georgia - Southeastern
Memphis - ICW
Mid-South - WCCW
Central States - WWA

Oh only the first 6 months are more than just a bar skeleton of "this feud, followed by this feud" type stuff. If I had time I could actually write every show out for the first 6 months right now, but I'm not going to spend all day and night doing that. Google Chrome works for C & P so by the end of the weekend I should have most of July done anyway. I still have internets research to do on my wrestlers and 5 discs of AWA to power through before I start on Memphis. Sometimes I am too ambitious for my own good.

The wrestling fans of the Dallas area are begging for wrestling action! Joe Blanchard has changed his mind and is now ruminating on changing the loop to a triangle and running just 3 shows a week in Houston, Dallas & San Antonio if Fritz doesn't get it together and give his guys some work.

I thought it was fairly well laid out in the other thread. The person who takes over the dead promotion has to provide enough talent for everyone to get 1 new roster member. So in your case you take 4 guys off the Portland roster off the top and if you want to keep anyone else from Portland you have to drop a Vancouver guy. So pretty much pick 18 guys between Vancouver and Portland to put into a draft.