WWE Battleground... Tonight

goodhelmet

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brie vs. Sasha vs. Charlotte

- Damn… these damn divas with their miscommunication on the big stage.

- You can tell the crowd wanted them to success but it wasn’t clicking.

- I actually thought Brie looked pretty good executing offense but the crowd wanted nothing to do with her.

- Christ, Brie getting kicked off the apron, you can tell everyone was stunned and were wondering if she was ok after that nasty head drop.

- This wasn’t a TNA level clusterfuck but it was a mess

- Good thing Brie lost because we need a PPV match with the NXT girls without any old blood getting in the way.

This divas stuff will never draw.

Yeah. Basically a more athletic version of the same divas stuff as before with some new faces. Remains a bathroom break.

I will say they do work stiff.

I think in genral they are all too skinny though, need more heft in my wrestling.

Definitely stiffer. But between the choreography and presentation I'm missing something that makes me care.

This divas stuff will never draw.

Yeah. Basically a more athletic version of the same divas stuff as before with some new faces. Remains a bathroom break.

I will say they do work stiff.

I think in genral they are all too skinny though, need more heft in my wrestling.

I thought you didn't like fat chicks. 😉

Charlotte being called “perhaps the most athletically gifted Diva ever” while fumbling a standing switch was something. I liked that the finish was booked in such a way as to keep Banks strong, and have you think she by all rights should/could have beaten the one who did win.

Reigns-Wyatt was well executed in-ring by both guys. That doesn't keep it from being the wrong match, wrong feud, wrong back-and-forth "competitve" pace. Reigns needs to be Goldberg, killing people in squashes. Description above of Wyatt as "the cooler" who main eventers feud with when there's no room for the main event is correct. I don't know what his future can possibly be going forward, except possibly as a Kane-level guy who stays around for fifteen years having solid-but-meaningless matches and perhaps getting a perfunctory world title run a few years from now. Wyatt's routine has also really killed the heat in his matches, as people now expect screwy, lame interference in all of his wins. That amazing match with Bryan at Rumble '14 seems something of a carryjob now, though I do think Wyatt can be good as a tag worker and that him and Harper would work as dominant champs in that division.

Brie vs. Sasha vs. Charlotte
- Damn… these damn divas with their miscommunication on the big stage.
- You can tell the crowd wanted them to success but it wasn’t clicking.
- I actually thought Brie looked pretty good executing offense but the crowd wanted nothing to do with her.
- Christ, Brie getting kicked off the apron, you can tell everyone was stunned and were wondering if she was ok after that nasty head drop.
- This wasn’t a TNA level clusterfuck but it was a mess
- Good thing Brie lost because we need a PPV match with the NXT girls without any old blood getting in the way.

I caught this. I don't think it was quite as bad as Will put it. It had a lot of problems that a triple threat inherently has. I think Sasha was going overboard to try to keep some elements of story and I do think she came off as a star, and I'm curious to see what Parv thinks about her character work relative to the rest of the roster. I think the pacing was off, especially during the finishing stretch. They really should have gone home right before the dive train. They had the crowd for bits and lost it for others bits and it was obvious that they were torn. Some of them were diehard geeks who wanted this to succeed, some of them just liked the Flair name, and some were the general female Bella fans that you get post Total Divas.

It wasn't a disaster and I think it can be spun positively. At times Brie looked way out of place relative to the over the top complex spots (for good or ill) that the other two were doing. At other times, she almost seemed to ground things in a good way. I don't know. It was a weird match but I don't think it spelled the success or failure of this experiment one way or the other.