Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV for 8/31 to 9/6

Grimmas

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus it doesn't solve the problem they had in late 2014/early 2015 of what you do with Rowan as a babyface singles worker who doesn't talk and has mediocre matches that he always loses. I don't think he's a bad worker at all, but they haven't given him anything to work with. It's not like he had the chance to cut some fiery face promo about why he wanted to face Big Show in a "Stairs Match", and they've kept him in a tenuous sometimes friend/sometimes foe relationship with Harper and Wyatt the whole time, for lack of any real push or gameplan.

Wyatt Family v Reigns, Ambrose + mystery partner added to the NOC PPV. Mystery partner an NXT call up?

Is there a good reason for the mystery partner to not be Goldust?

Yes there is. He has no reason to want to team up with the Shield members nor a reason to want to go up against the Wyatts. He is also stylistically not a fit with the other two. Hey that's 3 good reasons why not.

Wyatt Family v Reigns, Ambrose + mystery partner added to the NOC PPV. Mystery partner an NXT call up?

Yes there is. He has no reason to want to team up with the Shield members nor a reason to want to go up against the Wyatts. He is also stylistically not a fit with the other two. Hey that's 3 good reasons why not.

He's a beloved babyface who wrestled the Wyatts a lot when teaming with Cody. Ambrose/Reigns will have been faces for a year and a half by NoC. Babyfaces back up other babyfaces. That's really simple.

Aesthetically, Goldust isn't a stylistic fit with anyone, if anything, the clash between him and the other two gets the principle of the feud over even more. See: Canadian Stampede. They need to call in the "Bizarre One" to match up with the ECCENTRICITY of the Wyatt Family. As a worker, he's Dustin friggin' Rhodes, like he can't brawl? He can't play a good FIP?

They keep selling this as "family vs. family". It's easy to play up that the Anoa'is and Rhodeses go back far, and what Ambrose/Reigns learned from Dusty in NXT. They can say that if anyone else is going to understand that kind of family feud, it's Goldust.

And... it's in Texas, where the crowd will be hot for his return, and HIAC is the next PPV and logical blowoff point for the feud. It's a perfect WarGames feud.

The problem is Braun Strowman is an actual member of the Wyatts...so I guess if it was going to be a temporary back up kinda deal, it could work. But I think it is more logical to put someone from NXT in there with the idea that it is a guy Ambrose and Reigns trusts and that has been in their circle of friends and exposing that connection at the right time-like needing a third man to help them combat the Wyatts. It would have been a great way to debut Apollo Crews on the main roster had this happened further down the road but alas it's not the right time for Crews.

He's a beloved babyface who wrestled the Wyatts a lot when teaming with Cody. Ambrose/Reigns will have been faces for a year and a half by NoC. Babyfaces back up other babyfaces. That's really simple.

Aesthetically, Goldust isn't a stylistic fit with anyone, if anything, the clash between him and the other two gets the principle of the feud over even more. See: Canadian Stampede. They need to call in the "Bizarre One" to match up with the ECCENTRICITY of the Wyatt Family. As a worker, he's Dustin friggin' Rhodes, like he can't brawl? He can't play a good FIP?

They keep selling this as "family vs. family". It's easy to play up that the Anoa'is and Rhodeses go back far, and what Ambrose/Reigns learned from Dusty in NXT. They can say that if anyone else is going to understand that kind of family feud, it's Goldust.

And... it's in Texas, where the crowd will be hot for his return, and HIAC is the next PPV and logical blowoff point for the feud. It's a perfect WarGames feud.

Your reply & description just totally sold me on this. Now I kinda want that... instead, I'll probably get Kane.

But I think it is more logical to put someone from NXT in there with the idea that it is a guy Ambrose and Reigns trusts and that has been in their circle of friends and exposing that connection at the right time-like needing a third man to help them combat the Wyatts.

Is there anybody who's right from NXT, though? Built up well-enough for it to be a big deal whom the promotion can spare (so not Balor)?

There's no way it's Kane. If it is I'll eat my hat.

I figure there's at least a 40% chance it's Kane, so I'm looking forward the possibility of hat-eating-pictures.

Yea I feel there needs to be a SomethingAwful style Toxx clause here where Johnny has to face a punishment if Kane is the partner and we don't get any hat eating.