Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV for 8/31 to 9/6

Grimmas

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the Divas Revolution crap was just a smokescreen to push Charlotte without her getting Reignsed, it seems. After giving an all-time performance last Saturday, here is Sasha being almost beaten by Paige in less than 1 minute 20 seconds. Utter nonsense.

So WWE is just plagiarizing ROH now? EXACTLY the same scenario as the Jay Lethal stuff. Hell, ROH All-Star Extravanganza (a.k.a. the WWE creative team brainstorm) is on 2 days before Night of Champions, may as well copy whatever happens there too. I don't like the tweener Authority stuff either, and Sting's promo stunk considering what happened at Mania. Cena was great though.

How fucking bad is the latest Lana/Ziggler developments? Does ANYONE care about this stunted melodrama. The absolute shits.

Apart from that and my heart palpitations wondering whether Paige would beat Sasha in 1:40, Raw was fine I guess.

I can't help but feel like the Divas stuff is all a bunch of backstage politics so powers-that-be can point & say "see? women's wrestling doesn't work."

This Divas Revolution is bombing & feels like it's being sabotaged. Last night, with the "Beat the Clock" being a transparent reasoning for purposely having three minute Divas matches again. Remember, when the hashtag on Twitter #GiveDivasAChance was trending worldwide, it was after people were mad about short Divas matches. I was literally left scratching my head when Paige failed to beat Charlotte's time...so the match just ended. I was like "wait, what? They don't finish the match?" I just wanted to watch Sasha wrestle one-on-one...

Then, on the same show, Lana comes out & shows her literal ass to get a huge pop. And you can't tell me that was not done on purpose. With her leaving her skirt up after getting out the ropes, standing on her bare feet like she's still in high heels and a cameraman being there waiting to get the shot. Even if they did cut away right after. As a heterosexual male it's not like I'm opposed to seeing beautiful women in scantily clad clothing on television but doesn't it seem sort of counter productive to the movement that they're allegedly trying to perpetuate? It all just seems like lip service at this point.

New Day is damn entertaining. If you're entertaining in WWE, you either get neutered or the crowd turns you babyface. Which is usually the same thing. So it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

I'm going to wait until after Night of Champions to rant about the U.S. Title stuff. I'll just say if Cena wins it back... this has all been completely pointless. I also don't want to see Sting (or The Undertaker for that matter) wrestle in 2015 but here we are. Building Pay-Per-Views around them. I admit I find it hilarious that Sting, one of the most recognizable names from WCW, gets brought in as basically a Triple H hype man. Cash them checks, Sting.

I will say this as a positive about RAW. I had completely written off the new big lug in The Wyatt Family. Braun Strowman, I think is his name? That was an effective segment though. Felt very old school. He's a big, goofy looking guy, but he was booked to look strong & left the babyfaces laying on the ground. That was good. He will probably never be a great worker but WWE isn't asking him to be. So kudos there.

If they change Braun's name to Tig Notaro, I want him to get the house mic during matches where the crowd is booing to ask them to please stay seated over and over until the joke is killed and it gets annoying, but he continues on so long with it that it comes back around to being funny again.

Tig in WWE is something I'd love to see.

This Divas Revolution is bombing & feels like it's being sabotaged. Last night, with the "Beat the Clock" being a transparent reasoning for purposely having three minute Divas matches again. Remember, when the hashtag on Twitter #GiveDivasAChance was trending worldwide, it was after people were mad about short Divas matches. I was literally left scratching my head when Paige failed to beat Charlotte's time...so the match just ended. I was like "wait, what? They don't finish the match?" I just wanted to watch Sasha wrestle one-on-one...

I was pretty skeptical about this notion at first, but then on the "beat the clock" graphic, the time number was literally fucked up and off center. It's only a little thing, but that's way too dumb of a mistake to not be intentional.

So the latest WO.com update mentioned Johnny Ace got engaged to the Bellas' mom recently. Was their relationship ever mentioned on Total Divas? I would totally watch that show to see Big Johnny in the role of the confused dad/older male watching all these wacky shenanigans unfold.

I've never even seen a clip from that show, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'd tune in to see Johnny Ace showing up to support Daniel Bryan in physical therapy rehab or "coaching" John Cena on the fundamentals of ring psychology and working a main event match.

Ace doing "Daddy's Home" and trying to endear himself to Bryan and Cena as the new fatherly figure would be gold. Book it, E.

Uh oh, looks like John Cena may have been injured during a match with Kevin Owens during Friday night’s WWE live event in Virginia. Half way through his match with Owens, Cena went down and the match was stopped as the referee threw up the dreaded “X” sign.

People in attendance noted that Cena seemed to have hurt his head and may be having more trouble with his nose which was broken by Seth Rollins recently. After John Cena was checked on by WWE officials and trainers he wrestled Kevin Owens for five more minutes and even went through a table before getting the victory.

Cena was reportedly favoring his nose after the match and left for the back without celebrating with the fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HViI3By_m0