Pro Wrestling Only

Seth Rollins out 6-9 months with torn ACL. Tournament at Survivor Series

tlk23

Hate to see anyone get injured. I like Rollins more than most on here it seems in terms of both wrestling and character work. He is not super fantastic, but his character work with Kane & The Authority is light years ahead of anything Randy Orton could pull off. I enjoyed his really long match with Ambrose and his very fun babyface match with Cena at Summerslam. I am not a huge fan, but I like him.

That being said, this is a great opportunity to really shake things up and get themselves out of a funk. Im really interested to see who wins. Definitely have my interest now.

Reigns will beat everyone he faces in the tournament. He goes on to win the title, only for Sheamus, who doesn't have a match in the tournament cashes in via Ambrose heel turn and wins the title. Have Taker, Kane, the Wyatt Family, maybe have Samoa Joe & Finn Balor brought up as well. Or Have Taker win the tournament and the title on his 25th anniversary with the company.

It's sad it took an awful injury like this one to make me interested in the main event scene again. I hope Rollins can come back 100%, if he returns as a face he's gonna be over huge.

So, does WWE get desperate and try to get Cena and/or Brock back for the tournament or do they take the opportunity with all these injuries to make a couple of stars?

I think they'll pull the trigger on Sheamus and make him cash in on the winner if it's a face (Reigns, Cena, Ambrose, etc.) to build a filler program until the Royal Rumble.

Totally agree that this is going to lead to a Sheamus cash-in, which is just so, so, so lame. If this year hasn't proved that they need to take a break from the MITB concept (I'm not saying forever, but 12-15 months where no one is holding a briefcase is not too long to ask for when the company goes close to that without it mattering when it is held by someone), then nothing will. The briefcase is in the hands of one of the least over/relevant characters on the current roster and, even if it were on someone more over (like an Ambrose or Cesaro), I still don't think it could be used to thrust anyone to the next level in today's 50/50 booking scene.

Personally, I'd have Reigns win it. As a heel, face, or someone in between, I think he's somewhat bankable as a WrestleMania opponent for Lesnar, Cena, Triple H, The Rock, or Ambrose. What I presume this is going to come down to, above all, is what the original plans for Mania were regarding Lesnar. He is the centerpiece and I think all the other pieces on the board will be arranged around whatever his storyline is, including the championship.

I think they should put it on Reigns and let him gain steam defending the belt against people like Ambrose, Sheamus, Ryback, etc...Get to post Rumble and have Reigns call out Brock saying they have unfinished business. If you have him call Brock out I think it positions him better.

You also have Kevin Owens but we've had a heel on top for a while. A no nonsense, dominant, ass kicking Reigns would be a good thing, IMO.

I kind of think it's a bad idea to give Reigns the belt because with all those other guys gone, he's basically only winning it because all of his obstacles have vanished rather than "earning" it. Better to put it on someone else, let him win it later, and then do the "unfinished business" stuff I think.

I also thought of Taker winning it, having Match 4 with Brock and winning but it being so violent WWE can't "in good conscience" ala Jack Tunney allow a rematch (Maybe at the Rumble). You could have Sting be a surprise entrant at the Rumble ( somewhere in the 25-30 range), win, and the challenge Taker for the belt at Mania saying if he doesn't win the WWE title he'll retire.

I have no clue what might happen but WWE has a GOLDEN opportunity to do something big right now.....

This is the chance to make a tippety-top star out of Cesaro, Ziggler or Kevin Owens. That doesn't even necessarily mean one of them should win the title, but just that great showings that are talked about and canonized after could help put someone over the top. I have zero faith in any of that happening, though.

WWE is going to go the most boring route with this. In all honesty, I would do what Loss suggested if I was booking. The person walking out of SS would be Cesaro or Owens. The mainevent picture needs a shake up and giving the belt to either of those two will do it. Hell giving it to Bray Wyatt would shake things up, but hopefully its not Kane, Reigns (who I do not dislike), or Sheamus.

There's actually a good chance to elevate someone without putting the belt on them right there, if The Authority offers them "support" and they turn it down. The rest of it I'm sure you can connect the dots on in your mind.

Of course, it won't play out THAT way if they really did it. But it is a good opportunity.

In some ways I think tournaments are often not so much about booking the winner as it is about booking something like the semi-finals, where you establish who your upper tier is going forward. Like if it's an eight man tournament, it matters whether or not Cesaro is in the final four. It matters how you eliminate Owens and other heels: can they keep or gain heat even in defeat?

I also think that a final four is a fun way to tell a Cinderella story without going all the way on somebody. Create a new upper midcard guy. Like have some kind of 16-man qualifying round where Titus O'Neil upsets a Sheamus or Big Show level guy. Then have him win again in his first round match against someone even more surprising but still beatable, like Jericho or Ziggler. Then at the PPV have him narrowly lose in the semis to an Owens or Wyatt after putting in a great effort. But treat it as special and significant that a guy who no one expects to advance at all ended up coming this far, and depict it so that going forward he seems to belong in that semi-main spot.

Looking at the roster that's still left, I'm guessing the final eight end up being Reigns, Kane, Big E, Wyatt, Cesaro, Owens, Ambrose, and Ziggler. Sheamus is left out of it to leave the cash-in option, which feels super lame and would hurt pretty much any potential tournament winner, unless they're willing to pull the trigger on someone like Owens or Ambrose start raising hell every week in search of revenge.

I may be the only person to think so, but I'm all about corporate champion Sheamus hlding the title until Mania. He's perfect for the role - he gets actual heel heat, he's been long rumoured to be real life friends with HHH anyway, he's got a more "classic" WWE look, he's a better promo and wrestler than Rollins...also, there's no way the eventual Reigns/Sheamus title match wouldn't be a stormer.

It is a good point that Reigns-Sheamus is one of the best bell to bell matchups on paper that they haven't already driven into the ground. That is a match I want to see that I don't think I ever have seen one-on-one. As lame as the MITB cash-in tends to be, this whole catastrophe may prove the best possible way to get it over with and create a main event program that can last until Rumble/Mania.

They should just run a tournament that ends with Roman winning, then reveal that he is now the... number one seed in the next tournament. After he wins that one, he is now the... new numberest onest contender in the new BattleBowl tournament. That should take another two months. Then he has to beat the winner of the Royal Rumble at Wrestlemania to become the first entrant in a Mortal Kombat style gauntlet tournament. He wins the finals at the post-Mania PPV, leading to him being the number one entrant in the Brawl4All! The finals have Roman facing the King of the Ring at Summerslam. The MITB is cashed in as soon as he wins, then he retains. The Authority walks to the ring and announce there's one more match. Seth's music hits and he returns, destroying Roman and taking his belt back. There, 9 months of booking and only 5 minutes of Roman Reigns as World Champion. Plus, lots more tournaments.

Not happy when anyone gets injured, but I'm not a fan of Rollins at all and if WWE plays this right I might become interested in the main roster non-C show product again. They're being given a clean slate to do whatever they want, and that's why when Kane walks away champ I'll feel stupid for even thinking they would try something new.