Pro Wrestling Only

Survivor Series 2015 thread

...TG

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're setting up Reigns for a rematch with Lesnar, I don't think doing jobs to Sheamus, no matter the circumstances, is a good way to get there.

I think that's going a bit far. If Reigns goes over definitively to win the title back then it's fine.

If they're setting up Reigns for a rematch with Lesnar, I don't think doing jobs to Sheamus, no matter the circumstances, is a good way to get there.

I think that's going a bit far. If Reigns goes over definitively to win the title back then it's fine.

Perhaps Brock should trade wins with Sheamus too since it's fine. :)

Could they have booked a more counterproductive ending to the show than that?

I don't really see how it's any worse than the Mania deal that most people seemed to love. In fact it's better because they at least had a real finish to the main event.

It did completely negate the whole tournament we just watched play out over multiple weeks on multiple shows. A tournament which Sheamus was in himself & eliminated from. The briefcase deal sucks.

Also what was up with the announcers tonight? Are they always that bored and disinterested sounding on shows now?

Vince apparently thinks excited announcers is dated.

Perfect example was the divas match. It was mechanically good but you could just tell they didn't give a fuck and it took you right out of the match.

Could they have booked a more counterproductive ending to the show than that?

I don't really see how it's any worse than the Mania deal that most people seemed to love. In fact it's better because they at least had a real finish to the main event.

It did completely negate the whole tournament we just watched play out over multiple weeks on multiple shows. A tournament which Sheamus was in himself & eliminated from. The briefcase deal sucks.

This is true but the MITB cash in for a WrestleMania main event negates the Royal Rumble which is their second biggest PPV of the year. I'm not saying this was GOOD I'm simply saying this was shit but so was Rollins cashing in but somehow that gets a pass for...well I have no idea.

At least as of now (and yeah yeah yeah we shouldn't judge it til we see it fine yes cause that's never what we do on message boards), every scenario toward Mania (Reigns vs. Brock, HHH, Cena, Owens, anyone) is better without Sheamus in it. And I say that as someone who likes Sheamus and thinks Reigns-Sheamus will be a really good/great match.

If you're giving Sheamus a two month run, what's the point? I'm not even opposed to short term runs as we've seen a lot of very long ones in the company over the last several years, but he's the wrong guy, wrong time, wrong gimmick, wrong opponents. All to serve what? HHH getting to cosplay as the champ by booking himself as top heel, cutting the same horrible Emperor of the Universe promos, and making the guy in the company he most associates himself with in delusions where he's some Olde Norse roided up version of Lemmy or whatever be the one carrying around Hunter's belt.

Also: WOW I forgot that Sheamus got knocked out of the first round of the tournament. You know, to swerve marks! That guy who's totally sucked and lost all the time for months? It was a clever ruse!

That Reigns/Ambrose match was a really good 20 minute match edited down to an average 10 minute match. <_>

I think it was a good length and very well worked. WWE could do with working some short, fast paced main events now and then. In fact, such a style would work well as Reigns' calling card.

I honestly don't care about Sheamus anymore. So I want him to go full comedy heel like Austin and embrace the shittiness of The Authority and not give a single fuck. He's gonna get booked like shit and be forgotten after he drops the belt in January-February anyways so at least make it funny.

He can still be an ass kicker in the ring, but I just don't want the same "authority figure puppet" role for him.

That Reigns/Ambrose match was a really good 20 minute match edited down to an average 10 minute match. <_>

I think it was a good length and very well worked. WWE could do with working some short, fast paced main events now and then. In fact, such a style would work well as Reigns' calling card.

It just felt like spots where they got annoyed and started hitting each other sitting up would have had a little more impact with a little more match under it.