Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 32

TravJ1979

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly Triple H is winning the Royal Rumble and the belt. At least that is what Dave thinks might happen.

Although to be fair he also thinks the Taker might face Finn Balor because there really is nothing left unless they go to retreads like Taker vs Wyatt or Taker vs Brock

If this Mania flops, the shareholders could say, Vince, step down and retire. We'll all know what will happen once the Rumble is over.

How would a Mania flop in the post PPV area by measured?

It really can't since even getting 70-80k in the stands will make it a huge gate no matter what the card ends up. Plus it will most likely provide a nice bump in Network subs for the quarter too.

Supposedly Triple H is winning the Royal Rumble and the belt. At least that is what Dave thinks might happen.

Although to be fair he also thinks the Taker might face Finn Balor because there really is nothing left unless they go to retreads like Taker vs Wyatt or Taker vs Brock

I think that is definitely a possibility, with Reigns regaining at Mania

Is there a single chance in hell, they swallow their pride, pony up the cash, and give CM Punk his Wrestlemania main event?

Isn't he injured?

He is under contract with UFC anyways. If Dana isn't letting Rousey do a creampuff match with Stephanie at Wrestlemania he's definitely not letting Punk do a match either. As if Punk would want to anyways...

Fully confident a day will come when they offer Punk big money for a return. He may laugh it off then, but definitely will until he gets the MMA thing out of his system and loses whatever heat he had with wrestling at the end.Will make for a fun story at that time.

Wrestling has taught us to never say never but we don't know Triple H's ability to put personal issues aside for business is. I think Vince will be gone by the time Punk is ready to get over it and considering Triple H and Stephanie hates CM Punk for what he's said in the past in that Colt Cabana podcast, I don't know if it'll happen.

If this Mania flops, the shareholders could say, Vince, step down and retire. We'll all know what will happen once the Rumble is over.

Vince would laugh in all their faces and tell them to STFU. The McMahon family holds like 95% of the stock with any actual power, and Wall Street would freak out if anyone other than Vince was in charge.

True, but let's say sponsors pull out as well, do you really think WWE would risk losing sponsors. just to keep the 70 year old as chairman an having the final say?

What is it with the shoulder injuries this year? Orton, Cena, Cesaro, Zayn, and Itami all basically had the same injury. They need to wonder why torn rotator cuffs is becoming a trend.

Meltzee seems to think it's because of the olympic lifts they have the guys doing.
From experience, the bench press is much worse for the shoulder than the oly lifts, and you don't hear much about shoulder problems from someone like Kane with a 500lb raw bench. If they're doing Crossfit style lifts with little regard for form, though, that could definitely compound things as mentioned.

I'd argue it's the combination of the training with the wrestling schedule and style that's causing these injuries. I have a bad shoulder and the best I can do is to just listen to my body and try not to push it too hard. With these wrestlers, though, they can't listen to their body since fans expect them to look like these amazing athletes every time out, hence a nagging pain eventually becomes a torn rotator cuff or ACL.

It's a hard place for WWE to be in as it's pretty much the result of them finally giving in to favoring the more physical and athletic puro style style that fans have been pressuring them to move towards for a long time now, only without the tour schedule that gives puro guys precious time to recover. I can only see the injuries getting worse and more frequent if things continue as they are now.

It's a hard place for WWE to be in as it's pretty much the result of them finally giving in to favoring the more physical and athletic puro style style that fans have been pressuring them to move towards for a long time now, only without the tour schedule that gives puro guys precious time to recover. I can only see the injuries getting worse and more frequent if things continue as they are now.

It is so hard to go backwards though. I don't see how they could possibly go back to a less impactful style without the fans turning against them. Not only that, I don't think the wrestlers would want to go backwards either. For what it is worth, these guys all seem to have professional pride and want to put on good matches. Telling them to tone it down isn't going to go over well, espeically if the crowd isn't reacting to it. I hope the rash of injuries will cut down on the multiple man ladder, cage, cell matches, because those matches are crazy risky(and completely played out).

The funny thing is that right now, they are working harder for less heat than at any point probably in the history of pro wrestling. And I do think fans can still be conditioned to accept anything. I remember when they toned down a lot of the excess for a few years in the early 2000s. Then Matt Hardy did a legdrop from the cage in a match with Edge I think it was, and the crowd gave it a "Holy Shit!" chant even though it was nothing special at all compared to the spots in some matches Hardy and Edge were involved in a few years earlier. That's the great thing about wrestling -- they can create their own norms right down to the finest detail, and the fans will almost always come along if it's done well.

yeah I remember after all the neck injuries at the beginning part of last decade they really toned down the style. I can remember an Edge/Orton PPV match in Spring 2004 getting a lot of praise for simple yet effective work. I think there was an Orton/RVD match in late 2003 that got the same accolade

What is it with the shoulder injuries this year? Orton, Cena, Cesaro, Zayn, and Itami all basically had the same injury. They need to wonder why torn rotator cuffs is becoming a trend.

Meltzee seems to think it's because of the olympic lifts they have the guys doing.
From experience, the bench press is much worse for the shoulder than the oly lifts, and you don't hear much about shoulder problems from someone like Kane with a 500lb raw bench. If they're doing Crossfit style lifts with little regard for form, though, that could definitely compound things as mentioned.

I'd argue it's the combination of the training with the wrestling schedule and style that's causing these injuries. I have a bad shoulder and the best I can do is to just listen to my body and try not to push it too hard. With these wrestlers, though, they can't listen to their body since fans expect them to look like these amazing athletes every time out, hence a nagging pain eventually becomes a torn rotator cuff or ACL.

The bench press is not an issue for shoulder health if you make the simplest of adjustments, i.e., have your elbows out from your sides at a

Angle has a habit of wishful thinking, but he sure has been hinting at this in recent weeks. Ditto the stuff about WWE wanting AJ Styles' signing to be particularly quiet, leading people to guess that he may be a surprise entrant as well.

I'm not an Angle fan, but even I can say he would feel fresh and fun on this show. You could honestly do Angle-Undertaker on two months build and most people in that building would absolutely love it, including Undertaker as he gets to do his fake triangle chokes and other mat stuff that can hide his age in a decent fifteen minute match. Angle would probably take some reckless bumps, but you could do a lot worse at this point. Angle-HBK from the '05 Mania is one of my all-time least favorite matches, and even I would be stoked to see Angle get a three month victory lap.

I'll add here that I laid out a solid card on the first page of this thread that could still happen, with the exception of finding Taker a new For what Taker now is and what use he has on this show and going forward, Angle's a better option than most of the others on the table.

Angle would be an awesome surprise Rumble entrant.

I could think of 50 guys I'd rather see enter as a surprise in the Rumble.

Could you name 50 that have a history with the company, that would mean something for Mania?

Nope. I really doubt Angle would draw any significant network buys or ticket purchases either though, so that is moot. Angle could be slotted into an Undertaker match at Mania or they could use Samoa Joe. If done right both have the exact same drawing power of a match.

Grimmas that would work on an NXT special. Not for mania. Angle and Taker have a long history. Angle is considered a WWE legend by a lot of fans. No way they could make Joe that viable. It would be so much easier to make it work with Angle.

Considering the reason Angle left in the first place was Vince didn't want an Olympic hero dying on their watch, I doubt he'd be offered a deal.

I don't think he would pass a physical, and nothing he's done since leaving suggests he changed his lifestyle at all. There were several times he would be on TNA TV looking pilled out of his gourd and there were the multiple times he was pulled over for suspected DUIs.