Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/14-12/20

Strummer

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are serious about making Reigns, feeding HHH to him in February would be the way to go. I think Hunter would veto that on the idea he had to look strong for whatever Mania match he has.

Feed Triple H to him at the Rumble, then give H a win in February.

Eww. Definitely don't want to see a 3 match series with Reigns/HHH that goes from Rumble/Mania. He shouldn't lose to HHH at all.

If the match can mean more in a year than it will this year, that would be the reason. Roman with a year of successful title defenses beating the most credible guy in the company at least seems like it would mean more than that match a few months from now.

I just don't know what you actually do with Brock for the next year then. The only people who feel like credible opponents for him are Cena & Reigns. And he's already done enough (or too many) matches with Cena. Would I like to see him wrestle Cesaro or Sheamus? Yes. But after how strong they've booked Lesnar it would seem like he would almost have to squash them due to them not being booked nearly strong enough to come off like they have a chance of beating him.

I'll ask this. If Brock puts over Roman at WM32, what does he do after that? They still have him for a year (or maybe two, I don't remember).

Its a good question but one that probably won't be considered until the day after 32. It should be weighed before then, but between injuries, movies and other "shoot" issues blowing up plans for this year, I don't see patience entering the booking plans at this point. FWIW I believe Brock has 2 years left under contract.

Losing Streak Gimmick.

Really though, I think you might be right. Reigns-Brock II at WM 33 might be more valuable than at this one. I don't foresee them holding off that long but it would extend the Lesnar shelf life.

Then again, how do we predict that far in advance? Maybe Brock walks out. Maybe the job doesn't matter in the end. Maybe CM Punk decides to come back. Maybe Batista or Rock wants a match at 33. Maybe maybe maybe, etc. Do you try to hold off on pulling the trigger and risk Reigns blowing a knee like Rollins in the interim? Or do you go with the rematch that makes sense to build the current/future ace when you can? I don't think it's a clear cut decision.

The only options I see are Kevin Owens and Bray Wyatt and I admit neither of those is very compelling, in the case of Owens mainly because he hasn't been booked as an invincible force. Daniel Bryan returning would be the ideal, but I don't expect that either. So even realizing they have nowhere really to go after Wrestlemania, they may have to go with Reigns now for lack of better options.

I'll ask this. If Brock puts over Roman at WM32, what does he do after that? They still have him for a year (or maybe two, I don't remember).

I've been as positive about WWE's last week as anyone, but to this I'd honeslty say they can't afford to even worry about it. If I'm them I go all in on making sure the next 3 months are as hot as possible and that Wrestlemania is as loaded as possible, and I worry about sorting out the fallout from that when we get there. And as far as what do you do with Brock, I'm not sure weather you build to him vs. Roman this year or next makes the quesiton any different because it's not like you'd even want Brock vs. Roman before Summerslam 2016 at the earliest if you are building to Brock/Roman in 2017. So you would still have months of "what do we do with Brock" anyway.

Worry about today. Use Brock now. Hope like hell you can run Roman vs. Cena in 2017.

I don't really follow MMA, but I will say I'm surprised we haven't seen guys go for a second career in WWE more regularly when their time is up, especially those who are said to have a knack for showmanship.

Thing about it is most of the guys who have shown a knack for showmanship made a bunch of money in the UFC. More than they would make in WWE starting all the way at the bottom. Chael Sonnen would have been a good fit for WWE but I don't think they would have ever paid him what he would have wanted to make.

I don't really follow MMA, but I will say I'm surprised we haven't seen guys go for a second career in WWE more regularly when their time is up, especially those who are said to have a knack for showmanship.

Thing about it is most of the guys who have shown a knack for showmanship made a bunch of money in the UFC. More than they would make in WWE starting all the way at the bottom. Chael Sonnen would have been a good fit for WWE but I don't think they would have ever paid him what he would have wanted to make.

There's also the health factor. A guy like Liddell would have a hard time getting cleared, I think.

Guys on the mid-lower tier of UFC might be good fits but it'd be awkward to play up their history if the career record is nothing special and they never held a title.

Brock gave interviews while he was in UFC talking about how grueling WWE is and how tough the schedule is. Most guys crossing over probably aren't gonna get the big money/handful of dates contract so it might be hard to get them motivated to even attempt it.

Last night was great, I just fear when Hunter comes back it's going to go back to killing Roman at every turn and never letting him get any comeuppance. Vince showed more ass in one night than the Authority did in like two years.

That is an odd thing to say considering the last special event ended with Triple H getting destroyed by Roman Reigns so completely.

Any time the Authority showed any weakness they'd get their heat back with in a show or two. Granted Bryan's deal got cut short so maybe there could have been something else (I doubt it), but the post WM Raw was back to making sure no babyfaces ever get a moment of happiness. Reigns up to TLC was supposed to be the next Cena but he was beat and beat and beat, and made to look like a loser who couldn't get the job done. He was about to be the new generation Lex Luger until someone finally figured out that the big samoan asskicker guy should probably be kicking people's asses.

If they keep with the new plan, then great. They need to show they aren't going to go back to turning every Raw into the Debbie Downer Show to make fans feel like idiots for supporting the babyfaces who never have any hope.