Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/14-12/20

Strummer

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The part about the Reigns push that kinda cracks me up is that the on-screen story is "the people in power doing whatever they can to prevent rising star from becoming the face of the company", whereas the off-screan story is "the people in power doing whatever they can to annoint rising star as face of the company". It's so meta it's eaiting itself.

Steph is booked so strong it's silly. I think the writers are in terror of angering their boss and the owner's daughter they just book Stephanie as the strongest person in company history. Unless it was a "I won't do this if I have to job" I am certain she would be booked over Ronda if that had gone through. She would have beaten Ronda in a singles with Rock pinning HHH in the tag at WM had that come about.

For me the key for Reigns getting over was his aggression. He finally took matters into his own hands. I would prefer to see Reigns vs. Brock II but I feel like the key to the setup is having Roman call out Brock. Actually have him cut a promo saying that now that he has the belt he's done playing nice and he's taking matters into his own hands for anyone that comes at him. He can start rattling off names: "Owens, Rusev, Sheamus.....BROCK......Yeah, we have some unfinished business...".

I think the crowd would pop for the tease. You could get Heyman out there the following week saying his client didn't appreciate the comments Roman made and would like a public apology to which Roman could ask Heyman to deliver a message to Brock and then knock Paul out.

I think the crowd would get behind Roman standing up to Lesnar. He can win and be a conqueror or lose fighting valiantly like Austin did with Bret at WM.

Just my opinion though....

I agree that Reigns needs to show confidence and fearlessness when it comes to dealing with Brock Lesnar but I am not sure I agree that Reigns needs to call him out. I think Brock deciding that Reigns and the belt is a worthy pursuit for him would get Reigns as much as if he was the one calling him out. Of course I also think if they do the match, Brock needs to single handedly eliminate 29 opponents in the Rumble to get that shot.

It may get lost in the title change, but I was surprised Roman both bringing up Vince's age and called him an out of touch old man. Not only was it breaking a Vince taboo, it was a great way to manipulate the crowd by having him basically be the voice of internet complaints about the booking.

I thought this was really critical to what the online response has been. A lot of other fans will like it because he punched dudes hard in the face and elbow dropped HHH through a table, but that line really stood out as something that message board people - hell, myself included - want acknowledged.

.....and as much as HHH helped put over Roman at TLC how come HE was the only one continually getting up from chair shots? I thought it would have gone a long way to have HHH beg off a bit spooked at what Reigns had become.

Just picking nits.....

Yeah, I too felt I was being incredibly nit-picky for even noticing it so I didn't say anything, but at TLC I kept thinking about just how badly Hunter was selling the chairshots. Usually on the rare occasion that he actually shows ass properly he bumps and sells really well (and makes you wonder why he can't do it more often...) but at TLC he was kind of bad, jumping up from all the chairshots and not really selling any kind of fear or anything. Maybe it's just semi-retirement rust.

It won't take much to make Reigns look like a badass against Brock, I don't think. Everyone else they've brought him out against since the somewhat re-boot of him with the Streak has cowered in fear, save for Cena and I guess Big Show (which, really, kinda makes sense given his size and history of beating Lesnar). So if the guitar hits and Reigns wants him to bring it, he's already a step ahead.

It'll be a huge match after Brock enters at #1 next month and throws out every single other guy before the next one can enter.

It'll be a huge match after Brock enters at #1 next month and throws out every single other guy before the next one can enter.

Lesnar being in the Rumble this year would be awesome. This would definitely NOT be and the only reason to do this is if they wanted to book a worse Rumble than last year's.

Although I was the one that mentioned Brock winning the Rumble with 29 eliminations, I do wonder if it is logical. The Authority obviously wants to put an end to Roman Reigns's title run, wouldn't they embrace the idea of Brock taking the belt off him? Then it would make more sense if they had Brock at #30 to ensure that it was the match that happens.

Lesnar being in the Rumble this year would be awesome. This would definitely NOT be and the only reason to do this is if they wanted to book a worse Rumble than last year's.

Oh come on man, it'd be the weirdest most unique Rumble ever.

Mayyyyybeeee you can let a couple guys get in there towards the end.

Basically it'd be like watching a perfect game attempt in baseball.

Edit because it doesn't deserve a new post:

A compromise between "authority puts him at 30" and "authority puts him at 1" - Authority doesn't enter him, and you run an angle like when Foley knocked someone unconscious and GM Austin ordered him to take his place? I think it was Test?

Wow so I watched the first part of Raw, and hadnt seen any current WWE since the dissapointing HIAC and saw that Sheamus had best Reigns at TLC. And even worse Sheamus was champ. And tuned out. And then I read the last post on here and find out Roman is champion! that's awesome and gives me hope for Reigns-Lesnar II at Mania.

Reigns-Lesnar and Taker-Cena and I'm sold on Mania. And if Austin actually wrestles, the I'll be excited for the first time since WM 26 (hey don't blame me, I thought Bret was going to surprise everybody and be awesome again like Shawn at SummerSlam 2002)

Oh come on man, it'd be the weirdest most unique Rumble ever.

Mayyyyybeeee you can let a couple guys get in there towards the end.

Basically it'd be like watching a perfect game attempt in baseball.

Edit because it doesn't deserve a new post:

A compromise between "authority puts him at 30" and "authority puts him at 1" - Authority doesn't enter him, and you run an angle like when Foley knocked someone unconscious and GM Austin ordered him to take his place? I think it was Test?

I'm really torn on whether I like or hate this idea. I mean really you want more than one story told within a Rumble. But I can imagine that being crazy fun, with teases from Big Show who threw Lesnar out at MSG

Some ideas sound good on paper until you walk through the whole execution of it. Just how many times is it going to be exciting to see Brock german suplex a scrub, hit an F-5 and throw them over the top rope? When the Rumble is going to be filled with mostly Adam Rose, Fandango, Tyler Breeze, R-Truth, Bo Dallas types it's really going to wear thin very quickly when you realize the Rumble is an hour long match.

Some ideas sound good on paper until you walk through the whole execution of it. Just how many times is it going to be exciting to see Brock german suplex a scrub, hit an F-5 and throw them over the top rope? When the Rumble is going to be filled with mostly Adam Rose, Fandango, Tyler Breeze, R-Truth, Bo Dallas types it's really going to wear thin very quickly when you realize the Rumble is an hour long match.

Realistically, yes, you're probably right.

But for the "how many times" part - I'm pretty confident in saying I can handle at least 40 minutes of that.

Sacrificing the roster for a guy that shows up 5 times a year is how they got to the point they're at now with one young guy that's kind of a star and the rest being nobodies.

Yep. The Brock push is the worst thing that's happened in WWE in a long time. I don't care how "awesome" or "badass" or "special" he is - it's counterproductive to the rest of the roster and fed - bad business. Short term gains maybe, but at what cost?