Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/14-12/20

Strummer

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echoing everyone else's thoughts, but Vince's energy is just SOOOO different from everyone else's on the roster. He still feels like a giant deal in a way that no one else does. Getting trotted out week after week can kill anyone's buzz, surely, Vince probably knows as well as anyone, but his mere presence flipped the entire script. I commend the old man for just saying "if you won't get him over, I will"

Seriously, a little over 24 hours ago, a pay-per-view main event started between Roman Reigns and Sheamus with chants for John Cena. There's so much to learn about what they have pulled off since last night.

I will also add that I think the ESPN plug was an intentional attempt to draw a good overrun number. They made the title change as obvious as possible to viewers at home so they'd stick with the show 'till the end.

One thing Dave said at one point was that they were sticking with the Reigns push almost as a philosophical matter, because they had to be able to control (read: manipulate) their audience. The last day, where Reigns ended up winning the title to a huge pop in the same city where the backlash started, proves that wrestling fans can still be worked. And thank God for that.

They probably gave Roman his big win because they knew the big market Rumble and Mania traveling crowds would boo. TV crowds different than big PPVs

Philly is the second biggest wrestling city in the world, you're just spouting random words now.

PPV crowd might be different than a regular TV crowd. Big PPV crowds travel and might lean towards the smark end

This is after over a year of dropping the ball. We really giving WWE a medal just for one moment where they did something good?

So we're supposed to shit on it instead? If you want that reaction head on over to wrestlingforum.com which has turned into a salt mine.

Raw was good. They actually did some smart booking for once and finally pulled the trigger on a big win for Roman when everyone was expecting them to do yet another stupid screwjob. And the crowd was really into it.

It may get lost in the title change, but I was surprised Roman both bringing up Vince's age and called him an out of touch old man. Not only was it breaking a Vince taboo, it was a great way to manipulate the crowd by having him basically be the voice of internet complaints about the booking.

They should absolutely get credit for doing something well. It's just not some sort of grand plan. There's also no reason to think that the next few weeks will go well based on history.

Good on them for tonight though.

Yeah, seriously.

I'm so sick and tired of everyone treating WWE like they're a preschooler finally able to string together complete sentences. This talk of "Pro Wrestling Is Still Alive!" and "WWE can still work the fans" is overblown.

Excuse me for being cynical, but I'm sorry, 100 crappy Raws in a row kinda outweigh them doing the logical thing for once.

If the next month stays on course and the Rumble looks to be another good show, I'll be the first to give the WWE all the credit it's due. Until then, I'm not ready to drop confetti.

This is why WWE will never go out of business. What short memories we have.

And no, I don't really care that Roman Reigns got the title. They've done nothing to make me care about him. Cool moment tonight, good match too. But let's not pretend we're watching in a vacuum where it's all about "the moment".

I'm the guy that used to get over the moon excited about Nexus' debut and Punk's pipe bomb and Brock's return. They've lost any goodwill on my end.

I didn't know we were supposed to be rooting for WWE to die under some misguided idea that that wouldn't be a horrible thing for wrestling.

Totally not what I meant and strange you'd even think that considering the context you've also quoted.

Do me a favor and don't reply to any of my posts in the future. I'm totally done interacting with you stemming from the fantasy booking and everything having to be confrontational. Give it a rest.

And no, I don't really care that Roman Reigns got the title. They've done nothing to make me care about him. Cool moment tonight, good match too. But let's not pretend we're watching in a vacuum where it's all about "the moment".

I'm the guy that used to get over the moon excited about Nexus' debut and Punk's pipe bomb and Brock's return. They've lost any goodwill on my end.

No short memory at all. But I'll give them credit for fixing one of their biggest current problems since Sunday evening. They almost made it look easy, which makes it baffling that it took so long to fix. But yes. They still have a roster full of midcarders. They still have bad announcing. They still script their promos. It wasn't a cure-all. But they finally got the guy they've spent nearly two years trying to get over as their top babyface over the hump. That's an accomplishment worth talking about. The rest of the issues will still be there later for us to talk about.

Turned on Raw for the first time in months last night after reading the twitter buzz about the Hardcore match. The last hour from that to the New Day promo, to the main event was really gripping television that has been missing for a while. Roman winning felt really justified and a big deal and was a great moment.

I didn't know we were supposed to be rooting for WWE to die under some misguided idea that that wouldn't be a horrible thing for wrestling.

Totally not what I meant and strange you'd even think that considering the context you've also quoted.

Do me a favor and don't reply to any of my posts in the future. I'm totally done interacting with you stemming from the fantasy booking and everything having to be confrontational. Give it a rest.

Told you then as I'm telling you now, if you don't want to read my posts then put me on ignore. I'm free to respond to any posts that are made, it's an open forum.