Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/14-12/20

Strummer

so Vince Russo has been trolling this week going on about Kevin Owen's weight and how he doesn't look like a star, too much "like a "wrassler" etc. It hit me that Bray Wyatt seems to be getting a pass for being overweight from people within the industry but Owens is shamed for it. I guess maybe Bray can hide his size through his character and look better but no one singles him out like they do Owens

I do think it's character related. Owens presents himself as a prize fighter who only cares about money and winning. Well when you got a guy who actually does fight real fights for money and he's fat, people give him a bunch of shit about that and talk about how much better he could be if he stopped being fat. See: Roy Nelson.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, fun fact: hercules had more PPV paydays than hogan or savage in the 80s. the champion wasn't on *every* PPV back then, and they often didn't defend the title when they were. lots of tag matches on the non-mania shows!

I went from The Wrestling Classic until No Holds Barred and got these number of shows they had matches on:

Hogan: 11

Savage: 11

Hercules: 10

That is out of 11 ppvs. Hogan and Savage wrestled on every single ppv in the 1980s. Hercules missed on The Wrestling Classic, so that is why he is one down.

Pretty irrelevant data given the difference in ppv schedules then versus now.

Really relevant when someone claims Hercules was on more ppvs than Savage/Hogan.

oh i think it was that herc had more than savage in the period up to hogan's "retirement", but then with 92 both of them should still beat him. sorry~

speaking of which, i think 92 was the funniest year regarding this topic. IIRC the guys who wrestled on every pay-per-view were a few you'd expect (savage, undertaker, shawn), one guy who's lower on the totem pole but still not too surprising (martel), and...virgil. tons of guys missed one show, bret & flair most famously.

so Vince Russo has been trolling this week going on about Kevin Owen's weight and how he doesn't look like a star, too much "like a "wrassler" etc. It hit me that Bray Wyatt seems to be getting a pass for being overweight from people within the industry but Owens is shamed for it. I guess maybe Bray can hide his size through his character and look better but no one singles him out like they do Owens

I do think it's character related. Owens presents himself as a prize fighter who only cares about money and winning. Well when you got a guy who actually does fight real fights for money and he's fat, people give him a bunch of shit about that and talk about how much better he could be if he stopped being fat. See: Roy Nelson.

It is more that Owens dresses in a shirt and gym shorts whereas Bray Wyatt wears more character specific clothing. It is easy to stand out as a fat fuck when you dress the way Owens does.

oh i think it was that herc had more than savage in the period up to hogan's "retirement", but then with 92 both of them should still beat him. sorry~

speaking of which, i think 92 was the funniest year regarding this topic. IIRC the guys who wrestled on every pay-per-view were a few you'd expect (savage, undertaker, shawn), one guy who's lower on the totem pole but still not too surprising (martel), and...virgil. tons of guys missed one show, bret & flair most famously.

Virgil was pretty well-liked and effective as a babyface. I don't want to overuse words like "hot" and "popular" because that would be exaggerating his status at the time, but he was far from some sad little jabroni sitting at a table all alone. He was "over" in his role.

so Nattie looks like this now:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_azA7WS1HC/

How is that any different from the way she usually looks?

I just noticed that old Vince looks like Don Knotts

Coke and roids not doing him any favors in his 70s.

Ridiculous. I'm pretty sure he looks better and is healthier than the vast majority of 70 year old men in America. The guy was on the cover of Muscle and Fitness just this past March.

I just noticed that old Vince looks like Don Knotts

Coke and roids not doing him any favors in his 70s.

Ridiculous. I'm pretty sure he looks better and is healthier than the vast majority of 70 year old men in America. The guy was on the cover of Muscle and Fitness just this past March.

Pretty sure Vince either had a facelift and/or botox recently which is giving his face a different look.