Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV January 11 to 17

Grimmas

i have absolutely zero desire to ever see HHH/Reigns. That ship has sailed. The time to do it was at the tail end of the Shield/Evolution feud, but they went for the Shield breakup instead.

You're never going to have a better "HHH steps off the throne to answer for his crimes" scenario than what we got with him and Bryan. The heat between HHH and Reigns is a fraction of what it was between HHH and Bryan so why would anyone want to see a shittier version of what we already got? The only way they could heat it up enough for me to care would be if Reigns made it personal by hitting a Superman Punch on Stephanie or something.

If they insist on a HHH/Reigns match then it needs to just be a stepping stone for Reigns on the way to fighting Brock and not a featured match at WM (and sure as hell not the main event).

But I suspect they are trying to secure Rock or someone to wrestle Brock which in their mind is the biggest drawing option they have so once again they'll sacrifice their top current star in the name of a short term gain from a one off match with part-timers.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I'm against Triple H/Reigns at Wrestlemania I can completely see it for the one simple obvious reason: Triple H wants to tell the whole world he main evented a show in front of (a real or imaginary) 100K audience.

I'm sure, if it happens, he will spin it to the writers in many different ways, but inside that is what it comes down to.

I would much prefer Brock/Reigns again, obviously, but I'm not holding my breath right now.

It has happened a few times but it's not exactly a trend or even a "standard operating procedure". Hulk vs Rock was to put over Rock's heel persona and further Hulk's match with Vince. If they do Brock vs Reigns that would pretty much be like the second ever time they did it (not counting Andre vs Hogan).

What I actually said, though, was either the PPV before Mania or the one after it. Several more examples open up for the latter.

Other than "Twice in a Lifetime," a Mania main event has never been repeated at Mania. (UT/Shawn and UT/Trips weren't main events both times, and I think - but could be wrong - that only UT/Shawn was ever the last match of those four, and that was only once.)

What I actually said, though, was either the PPV before Mania or the one after it. Several more examples open up for the latter.

Other than "Twice in a Lifetime," a Mania main event has never been repeated at Mania. (UT/Shawn and UT/Trips weren't main events both times, and I think - but could be wrong - that only UT/Shawn was ever the last match of those four, and that was only once.)

Austin vs Rock?

Edit. Lol sorry missed the posts from this page.

Wasn't two years in a row

Edit: which I thought was the original point. Never mind

I thought that it would have been if Stone Cold didn't go down in 1999? It seemed like after the whole Who Ran Over Austin storyline winded down they jumped too easily into a match with the Rock like it was the plan over a year in the making.

Not sure I get the point of it being Brie Bella who drops every single match to Charlotte and her challenger. Are Alicia, Naomi and Tamina hurt? Are Paige and Natalya off? We're back down to a division of 3 women seemingly which is about where things were in 99 as well.

this is all probably more of a discussion for the divas thread, but what kills me is that they can't seem to run more than one women's program at a time.

Like when's the last time you saw two unrelated women's singles matches on RAW?