Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV January 11 to 17

Grimmas

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Balor Club, I'm guessing that this is how they're debuting him on the main roster? Gallows and Anderson as the team of the stable, Styles and Balor as the singles guys. Push Balor, build up the Styles face turn and build to a match between them? That could be wild.

What I would love is some kind of NXT Invasion ala the nWo which leads to NXT taking over Smackdown and that becoming an NXT show with different production and the NXT writers. Just like what the nWo plans were. That would be a true brand expansion I could get behind.

Plus you can have guys like Owens and Sasha join up or whatever as needed.

I think if you are ever going to make Smackdown anything other than the B show that no one watches, they are going to have to give it a separate identity. I can certainly think of worse uses for that time than to highlight a hot NXT brand. I think since NXT on the Network is such a highlight, even on tape delay, that it could be an option.

It's pointless to even say, and he's just awful in general, but my god JBL was terrible during that Stardust match. It's cool he googled David Bowie before the show, but fucking hell, every time Cody moved it was "Looka that Mawgul, the return of the thin white duke!" Like a shittier Texan Matt Striker.

This was the first Raw I've watched in a long time, I think since The Shield break up angle or when Bryan came back for a spell last year. I tend to come and go with Raw depending on when it's good, and I honestly have not been able to be bothered in a long time. But, DAMN, it is pretty much a night and day difference from when I stopped watching. That crowd couldn't be bothered to care at all, and the show is just fucking listless. The ADR/Kalisto match was cool, and it's awesome that Kalisto got the win. But beyond that...yeesh. It's boring. Brock woke the crowd up at the end, but even still, it wasn't anything crazy.

Looks like I'll be watching the Rumble and Mania, but ignoring everything else save NXT.

It's weird to think, though, that WWE was on fire not that long ago, even with their missteps.

Watching Reigns-Owens got me thinking about a couple of things:

1)they need new new agents because whoever laid the main event out is an idiot

2)how many guys on the roster can actually work an interesting control segment?

3)Cole is saying Reigns "will never give up" and they're having having him "fight the odds" and look like a wimp, honestly I'm amazed Reigns is as over as he is now

I liked that during the main event angle that the Wyatts were there but didn't actively participate in any of the physicality. I think its tonally consistant that they would want to be present to see arch nemisis Roman Reigns get the S kicked out of him but wouldn't want to do the bidding of the corporate heirarchy of the WWE. It also let them not get fed to the Brock and they can save that interaction for the Rumble rather than blowing it off here. I liked that little bit of side story.

Last night felt like a very, very strong tease for Brock/Roman 2 at Mania. Am I way off base there?

I think we won't know until after the Rumble. They might view the Rumble as the blowoff and have Reigns get over on him in the final 2 or something. Or they could have someone (Rock maybe? Owens?) cost Brock the Rumble win to set up a different opponent for Brock at WM. Or they might give us just enough of them at the Rumble to set up the match at WM. It's tough to say where they are going with it right now.