Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV January 18 to 24

Grimmas

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to catch RAW later, or the highlights of it, but I am curious about a few things. Namely if the show will open with Roman & Steph/Vince doing dueling in-ring promos again. The last week, I have seen that same picture shared about the last five openings of RAW starting the same way at least a dozen times.

I imagine the main event ends in a donnybrook featuring a plethora of wrestlers flying over the top rope & making both Brock and Roman look strong for the Rumble.

On Twitter today, Alex Riley made a comment that he "misses real rap music" & posted that he was listening to Eminem. So of course, there was some backlash. One of which was from Kevin Owens that said he misses real rock and roll & posted Avril Lavigne. :D

"Milky white" line wasn't bad and he's one of the only guys who knows how to actually psych a crowd up into seeing a match, but otherwise Chippendales Jericho burying all the heels was pretty lame. Writers are leaning on him hard tonight if he's working double duty as ref and Highlight Reel host.

Had forgotten how good a promo Rusev is when he's fired up.

I know that we as wrestling fans are supposed to have no memory but really Paige is now friends with Natalya after she injured her. Is this one of those "it was on Smackdown so it didn't really happen" or just assume fans are stupid

How many months has this Dudleys vs Wyatts feud been going on and has the Dudleys won any of the matches. Well I guess they did win a match in this feud on Smackdown according to recap

Stephanie said maybe someone the WWE Universe hasn't seen could win the Royal Rumble... Is that a sign that maybe AJ Styles makes his debut in the Royal Rumble match as it's been rumored or is this something that's already been reported is not occurring? Sure if he debuted he won't win it, but maybe he does make his debut during that match.

Okay so who had the go home show having Brock getting destroyed by The Wyatt's? Yes Luke Harper got to help beat down Brock Lesnar

Wyatt-Lesnar at Mania?

Saw this on twitter. This is the 3rd straight year Wyatt is getting pushed hard to start the year. 2014 built up for Cena, 2015 for Undertaker and now presumably for Brock

That 8 man tag was the most thrown out thing ever.

Ambrose and Kalisto as a tag team isn't particualrly something I would've ever thought would happen ever either.

I would kill to be in the booking meeting when that 8 man was decided. "See Vince I have this great idea to celebrate MLK birthday. We have 3 black guys do all the work and then have the white guy get the clean pin". Keeping the dream alive :D

I've been saying for some time that the whole point of Jericho basically playing an amped up version of all the reasons smart fans are hating him is totally part of a long term plan for his heel turn here. It started at that PPV match where he tagged in and lost the match and pushed away Ambrose. Now he's returned being odnixiously braggadocio, over doing the clothes styles people online make fun of him about, and basically doing the middle aged version of his WWF debut. On his show awhile back he said that he had a long term plan idea that wanted to play out .

And before you say "he's insulting the heels right now", yes..that's part of it.

Jericho trying to put himself over as a threat to Lesnar was just sad. At least the crowd was polite and didn't laugh.

The Wyatts remind me of pre-Badass Undertaker where they get a big reaction to the gimmick but it seems like nobody really cares about their TV work. I would be a lot more hyped about Wyatts vs The World expect they already made the Rumble into Roman vs The World in the most boring way imaginable by guaranteeing him being number one. It's the least interesting way to do the match, but I'm not remotely surprised.