Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Fastlane

DMJ

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. WWE has switched up hometowns for desired heat in the past, which makes it puzzling that the company choose to do this. Maybe it was done so Owens, win or lose, doesn't come off as less of a star in the PPV before WM as WWE might have something big planned for Owens. I know I'm stretching here, but I can't think of a logical reason aside from oversight.

I really, really, really don't like Game Genie Brock Lesnar. I miss watching him wrestle actual matches.

Remember when Brock used to actually take bumps in his original run? Holy shit, was he a great bumper.

Yup. His post streak-breaker persona stifles what they'll do with Ambrose. They should wrestle a match like Punk/Brock , and actually build drama to Dean having a chance.

I really, really, really don't like Game Genie Brock Lesnar. I miss watching him wrestle actual matches.

Remember when Brock used to actually take bumps in his original run? Holy shit, was he a great bumper.

Watched a crazy YouTube channel go through "Top 10 Wrestlers Cena Has Buried" and Lesnar is on there for the job to Cena at Extreme Rules.

Of course the WWE doesn't care what some YouTuber that is trying way to hard to be a Cena Hating Smark has to say, but it is interesting that with the exception of losing to Triple H at 'Mania, Brock hasn't shown any real vulnerability in matches since. Usually its someone getting lucky and taking advantage or distractions.

Brock showed way more vulnerability in the Hunter feud than the Cena match. That's the exact reason why the Hunter feud was so hideous, Hunter was beating on him and working even Stevens with him like he was any other guy.

Brock also sold a fair bit for Punk too. I actually think it's been since the Taker win that he's not been bumping or selling much.

I still can't get over the idea (and the video was produced within this year, as it listed Rusev and Kevin Owens) that Lesnar got buried after that first Cena feud when he came back! LOL!

Anyway, right, the Punk match pretty much was the last time you had Brock do selling and not be the unstoppable force that he is hyped as being.

Those Lesnar matches were approached so oddly it's almost like they exist in separate universes. With Punk and Cena you had the feeling that these guys were out there fighting for their lives. Reigns too. Hunter just went out and worked a regular match. Using Brock like that just doesn't work, it's akin to sending Rey Mysterio out to squash someone. That's not the Rey match. If you're gonna use Brock, use him in Brock matches.

Not all of Brock's post return matches have been great but it's worth pointing out that the only truly bad matches were with Hunter.