Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Fastlane

DMJ

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand people praising the crowd tonight. Felt dead for most of the show and brief dueling chants don't impress me much. JBL talking Japanese wrestling felt like your uncle asking you if you've ever listened to Phish. This had all the hallmarks of bad 2016 Jericho. Jericho visibly/audibly calling spots. Jericho overzealously trying aerial stuff he can't do anymore. Jericho timidly taking another guy's offense in a way that looks botched. Jericho with a terrible Liontamer. I did like him dropkicking the rope to knock Styles off it, but so much of this sucked. Crowd booing Jericho kicking out of the Clash tells the story. On the upside, Styles does has good theme music.

Brie's skeleton like forearm being shown as devastating was absolutely hilarious. I understand tonight was Brie Bella cosplaying as inactive WWE personnel, but she could have still be authenticate. Three roaring forearms would have been less eye rolling. Not sure if Brie's choice of submission/application of submission was complete shit or if its more of the camera work towards the end that doomed the presentation.

Good for both for working hard tonight.

After watching Jericho/Styles tonight, I have a weird desire to see RVD/Jericho vs. Styles/Joe at WrestleMania. Two stars that still believe they have something to offer WWE vs. two guys who realize this is their first and last chance to make an impression before moving onto other things (cycling out of pro wrestling) within the next 3-5 years. Imagine the completely un-self aware/delusional promos done by both RVD and Jericho leading into the show. It will be amazing, pathetic, sad, depression, and fucking glorious to see the melt down occur. BOOK IT!

I liked Styles and Jericho and didn't see Jericho as being too overmatched. Maybe I'll have to wait for the Botchamania compilation to learn what was messed up other than the top rope Walls of Powerbomb spot. I thought the story was laid out perfectly, with both men trying out new things to finally best the other. The Styles Clash kickout seemed unnecessary, but I liked the match.

However, I thought the crowd was dead. I don't see dueling chants as being into the match, especially when they're not reacting to actual comebacks or moves, just mindlessly chanting.

E+C deeming New Day ripoffs of them was telling. Edge debating who was more "entertaining" was awful. Burying the League of Nations in order to start a face turn. Edge burying Del Rio's career after Del Rio brings up the kayfabe retirement from five years ago. I guess New Day vs. Sheamus/Rusev is a solid Mania match?