Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Fastlane

DMJ

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brock squashing HHH in five minutes might now have been the correct Mania finish. Reigns is so much colder now than he was two months ago. Unreal how bad this push has been. Ambrose takes a massive beating and looked heroic in the process. Lesnar looked far beyond the leagues of both faces, and was cheered much louder than both of them combined. This show was so bad that I forgot we were essentially getting Brock-Reigns II.

From a booking/kayfabe perspective, I don't even get why going through a cardboard table is supposed to incapacitate anyone - let alone Brock - for five minutes. Then the corny stuff with putting the table on him. Even the Reigns-Lesnar stuff felt subdued and second-rate.

Reigns booed the entire match. First crowd shot is several people motioning thumbs down. Hunter not even trying to phone a reaction in. I need to rewatch this, because I'm really surprised to see it getting high marks here (aside from Ambrose eating suplexes on the floor which was just madness).

Triple H is literally the least over person in a company that still has Cody Rhodes stuck playing Stardust.

I honestly enjoyed almost everything on this show, sorry to be positive on the internet and stuff. Mania is setting up to be boring at the top but really fun on the bottom half.

Huh? He's more over than Reigns.

Ambrose-Reigns was far better than Cena-Rollins in terms of the "Brock's taking a powder right now" matchup within the triple threat, and it meant no Michaels cosplay, even if there was the lack of foolwrecking that came with J&J. Great, great pace, too.

Agree, I think this match was better than Rumble 15, which I had at 4.5. Hated the Cena vs Rollins finish spam.

Would still have WM2015 above this, but three great matches from Brock.

So now its official. HHH/Reigns at WM. The crowd reaction starting from the end of the 3 count to the fade to black was so funny. The crowd didn't care, the commentators did their best, and HHH looks like he couldn't give a shit about this heatless stuff and is just looking forward to having his 'Mania Moment' in front of potentially 100K fans. Owens/Styles, Lesnar/Ambrose, and what I assume will be a 4 way for the Divas title featuring Banks/Charlotte/Paige/Becky should make for a good under-card. If Cena does come back and fight Taker then Mania won't suck on paper, but that main event!? Good gravy.

Felt like a Raw. Not understanding why people are gushing over the decidedly average spotfest main event. It was over too quickly and ended too abruptly. Then again, maybe everyone was sighing in relief that Bray Wyatt didn't do anything to Brock Lesnar. I don't think anyone wanted to see that feud. I'll take an abrupt ending any day over that shitfest.

Potential WM card: H vs. Reigns, Owens vs. Styles (?), New Day vs. League of Nations (?) - yuck, Charlotte vs. Sasha (?) or some sort of tag match with Becky? Not sure where Wyatt and Ambrose go from here. Maybe Brock faces Ambrose? Not really nuts about that match, to be honest - unless they pull the trigger and put Ambrose over strong. Not sure where Taker figures in, unless Cena makes another miraculous comeback.

I bounced off the main event pretty badly on first watch, though maybe I'll appreciate the layout more the second time around. It told its story well enough, but that story did a remarkable job of making Ambrose and Reigns look second-rate. Reigns blowing off the Kimura and multiple chairshots so that he could spear his best friend for the pin felt about as video-gamey as you can get.

Whatever Lesnar does at Wrestlemania, it's going to be a huge letdown unless they hot-shot him into the main event. And even that would present more booking problems than solutions.

Felt like a Raw. Not understanding why people are gushing over the decidedly average spotfest main event. It was over too quickly and ended too abruptly.

OK, I'm not alone here, then. They sucked Lesnar into their shitty, rote, emotionless generic WWE triple threat match main event. Lesnar did his suplexes and then pissed off for a while. Ambrose is now a cartoon character who substitutes shaking like he's having a seizure for charisma.

It was a nice run for longer than we could have ever expected, but WWF style wrestling is now back to being almost uniformly terrible factory bullshit. Case in point: Styles was the best wrestler in the world and having to shoehorn himself into their one size fits all style has screwed up his timing and pacing to the point he's now just really good. And made to look worse by having to carry that idiot trying to do his 1990s cruiserweight BS while too old to pull it off. Maybe Styles will figure it out by so far he's as ruined as a lot of'80s guys were.

I don't know what it is, but even when they're not that good, the women's matches have been to only ones lately where I didn't feel like I was watching everyone work a match laid out for them by someone running TNM7. Different road agents?

Just got home from Maltese Falcon. Playing catch up. Did they build up the half crab at all to make it seem like a potential danger spot for Charlotte? Has anyone tapped out to a half crab since Lance Storm was in WCW in 00?

I don't think that was the point, it was just an opportunistic counter. Brie had the Yes Lock on but Ric was looking to put Charlotte's leg on the rope, so Brie grabbed the leg to transition to the crab to keep her away from the ropes, and Ric.

What a dire show. Nothing of importance happened and everything was predictable.

Styles/Jericho was a fun watch, but will ultimately be forgotten about in a week's time.

The main event was great even if it ended prematurely and Roman no-selling the chairshots irked me.

That's all the positive I can say about this show. Owens/Ziggler felt like it went on forever, Brie looked awful out there (she botched a small package) and not even milking of her husband could make anyone give a crap. The New Day segment was awful. The only other good match taken place on the pre-show.

I haven't been so bored watching a WWE PPV in years. It wasn't even so bad, it's good, it was just abysmal.