Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV March 14th to 20th

fakeplastictrees

- Reigns made his return in an arena full ghosts

- Neville is potentially hurt

- Jackie has officially been announced as being in the Hall Of Fame

- HHH and Ziggler had a match that had so many meta-IWC elements to it, that I believe this match was done to purely get Ziggler less over.

We are less than 20 days from WM and WWE has done everything in its power to make this even so underwhelming. We have covered the top four matches, so I won't discuss that at this time, but let's take a look at the rest of the Mania card that includes the big announcement tonight of Usos vs. Duds.

WM 32 under-card:

The Dudley Boys vs. The Usos

The League of Nations vs. The New Day

The Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale

Lana (with Naomi and Tamina?) vs. Brie Bella (with Alicia Fox and Paige?)*

*This could be one-on-one or a 6 person tag.

The Zayn/Owens/Styles/Jericho stuff could go a number of ways. 4 way dance? Tag team match? Two separate single matches? Ladder match for the belt with those 4 and possibly two others (Ziggler and Big Show)?

What is listed above is the card the number one wrestling promotion of all time is putting together in front of the largest pro wrestling audience in North America in the last 100 years. THIS IS THE CARD. WWE plans to pack that stadium with over 100,000 people with a card that features: a Lana who has been completely un-over post first split with Rusev, a barely over and barely motivated Brie Bella, a former two champion who the crowd really doesn't care for, an angle that has booked WWE in a corner where the company MUST deliver (and if the last 5 years is anything to go by, this is not going to turn out well for anyone), Brock Lesnar, and JBL on commentary.

I would really like to shake the hand of the person who is going to spend 60 dollars on an episode of Raw happening in a few Sundays from now.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- HHH and Ziggler had a match that had so many meta-IWC elements to it, that I believe this match was done to purely get Ziggler less over.

We are less than 20 days from WM and WWE has done everything in its power to make this even so underwhelming. We have covered the top four matches, so I won't discuss that at this time, but let's take a look at the rest of the Mania card that includes the big announcement tonight of Usos vs. Duds.

WM 32 under-card:

The Zayn/Owens/Styles/Jericho stuff could go a number of ways. 4 way dance? Tag team match? Two separate single matches? Ladder match for the belt with those 4 and possibly two others (Ziggler and Big Show)?

What is listed above is the card the number one wrestling promotion of all time is putting together in front of the largest pro wrestling audience in North America in the last 100 years. THIS IS THE CARD. WWE plans to pack that stadium with over 100,000 people with a card that features: a Lana who has been completely un-over post first split with Rusev, a barely over and barely motivated Brie Bella, a former two champion who the crowd really doesn't care for, an angle that has booked WWE in a corner where the company MUST deliver (and if the last 5 years is anything to go by, this is not going to turn out well for anyone), Brock Lesnar, and JBL on commentary.

I would really like to shake the hand of the person who is going to spend 60 dollars on an episode of Raw happening in a few Sundays from now.

Who still buys PPV's from cable companies for 60 bucks in HD? I don't care if it's the greatest card of all time, if you're still buying PPV's from the limited amount of companies that carry them now you're a dummy or can't get good internet speeds.

So let's drop this "I can't believe someone would pay 60 bucks" tired old talking point in the age of ten bucks a month for the Network. I know it robs hate boner nerds of one weapon, but it's no longer fucking relevant. Now it's "IMA GONNA CANCEL THE NETWORK" . Let's keep up.

There's still a significant portion of the US that doesn't have fast enough internet to subscribe to a streaming service like the network and their only outlet would be PPV no matter how much WWE calls them idiots for doing so.

Also Dave confirmed on the WO show today that Neville broke his shin and ankle like RVD did on the same spot years ago, so that sucks.

This is America, it'll take us another 50 years before everyone has access to high enough Internet speeds to access the WWE Network.

I am going to find a relative's email address so I can get another free month of the network and watch Mania. I want to see if the 100,000 people watching wrestling in the Jerry Dome can be as indifferent, defeated, dejected and silent as they are when the Cowboys lose.

I think even our resident curmudgeons will like this bit from the E&C show - 'Stuff WWE fans say'

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/709581910163390464

Actually kinda funny.

After Monday's trickle of blood, cursing, and Dean getting the barbed wire bat I expect to see message boards and social media overflowing with "OMG IS THE ATTITUDE ERA COMING BACK??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" type posts.

Lana will probably beat Brie via cheating on RAW or Smackdown, which sets up the 6 women tag match at Mania, where Brie or Paige will make Lana tap out. I see Kalisto vs. Ryback vs. Sin Cara for the U.S. title. If the LON win the tag titles at mania, then they will most likely use the Freebird rule with 4 people.

WM 32 under-card:

It's the eventual hazard of having to buy your ticket three months before any hint of card is put together. You better believe that the narrative later on will be how this slop drew a record crowd when the truth is that most of these poor ticket buyers were already locked into all of the expenses surrounding the trip way before it was apparent what the card would be. it's why tickets sold to WWE events has been a less relevant measure of drawing power in recent years and should be treated as such.

Robinson didn't appear to know that A: Neville was legit hurt and B: Jericho was trying to call an audible to end things quickly. You could clearly hear Jericho say something like "I fucking told you he was hurt" and Robinson saying "don't fucking touch me".

Meltzer said on WOR that Jericho and Charles Robinson had a shouting match with multiple F bombs after Neville hurt his ankle. Anyone observe this?

It's on Deadspin. Seemed like Robinson didn't catch that Neville was hurt and stopped the count before hitting 3 after Jericho's quick cover. Jericho got up, shoved Robinson and started cussing him out. At first I just thought it was Jericho's way of getting DQ'd to end the match after Robinson didn't notice the injury, but you can hear Jericho yelling "He's hurt," so it was probably a shoot.

Jericho will probably argue to Vince it was quick thinking to shove the ref but really it looked like he just lost his cool on Robinson for botching the fall and the idea of calling for the bell on a DQ followed quickly after. Could've even been Robinson's idea. Anyway, it looked ridiculous after Jericho screaming he's hurt at the top of his lungs. They could have just called the match because he was injured in that case. Hope Neville has a good recovery and Jericho stays off TV for a long, long time after Mania.

The Ziggler/HHH match is still a head-scratcher for me and I am not sure what it was suppose to accomplish for Ziggler if anything at all. I guess the end-goal is to have the NXT fans not worship HHH going into Mania and by default side with Reigns at the biggest PPV event of the year? So instead of booking Reigns strong to get fan support, HHH is booked strong against the guys who have fan support in order to get said guys less over and get Roman Reigns more over? This is backwards thinking to me. This is HHH losing the war to win a battle.