Pro Wrestling Only

Steve Lombardi has been released.

shoe

Lombardi definitely knows where the bodies are buried but I see him as a guy who's still going to tout the company line until the day he dies. Kind of a Jim Ross type. I've got a feeling a shoot with him would be disappointing but I would love to be proved wrong.

Lombardi definitely knows where the bodies are buried but I see him as a guy who's still going to tout the company line until the day he dies. Kind of a Jim Ross type. I've got a feeling a shoot with him would be disappointing but I would love to be proved wrong.

Depends on the nature of the release. A bad breakup can lead to the need to grind the axe for a fuck you bridge burning shoot.

Depends on the nature of the release. A bad breakup can lead to the need to grind the axe for a fuck you bridge burning shoot.

Has there been any hint as to why, after all this time, he's fired now?

Has it been made clear if this is just terminating his "talent contract" that maybe had been left over of years but still keeping him employed behind the scenes? I ask because you don't "release" employees and it would seem that most of his work for the past few decades was not as talent.

• 2 weeks later...

How does WWE come to release guys like Tiny, Lombardi, etc. when people like The Ascension are RIGHT THERE. WWE has been doing a pretty good job as it related to spring cleaning, but fuck! I remember when they got rid of Sgt. Are these guys really that much dead weight or is this Stephanie/HHH slowly phases out the old guard to establish a new generation of 'guys with a job for life?