Pro Wrestling Only

Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard

That's fair, and again, I don't heavily hold it against Conrad (especially on a show like this where he admitted he didn't have time to do his research), but I have so little time to listen to things and there are so many things to listen to, that it's a killer for me on a show like this.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conrad not knowing Arrogance was the biggest gaffe on the Survivor Series show.

Hosting a podcast is tougher than it seems, especially when questions are "popped' up on you. Parv is my boy but there has been countless times on WTBBP where he has asked me a question where I know the answer but get stone mouthed and cant think of it in the moment or my head is saying one thing that is different from my brain.

I honestly think the difference is that you know and Conrad doesn't.

If they are going to do a Houston Wrestling show, someone needs to tell Conrad about NWAonDemand. I dont think he knows about it. It just sounded like Conrad has no idea about Houston's history and the fact there is video footage out there.

Conrad is too busy doing his super cool "no one cares about Houston wrestling!" shtick to actually be bothered to learn about it.

The Pillman episode had a couple things I didn't know before, like the big TV conference in Las Vegas both WCW and WWF had representatives at where Pillman went over to the WWF spot and hung out for a bit.

Vader is the topic for this coming Friday's episode, somewhat timely given the recent news he's given about his health.

• 4 weeks later...

Not many comments on this show lately. I'm still listening weekly (hey, I've a long workday) and - if they're genuinely surprised by the blowback - it's astounding that they thought they could discuss Sunny's book and details of her relationship with Michaels without upsetting anyone in WWE.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally started listening to this one. Really like it and appreciate that the talk of the current product from the early shows has been edited out. Bruce is a bullshitter but he has worked in the business for 30 years. That's part of the appeal.

I have always liked Pritchard in interviews I have seen with him but never listened to his show. Does he just tell WWE version of history or is it more in-depth than just the crap WWE spews out.

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce said on episode 22 that Christopher Daniels was supposed to have been the Higher Power in WWE during the Attitude Era. I know he said it, but I call BS. That big of an angle and a reveal like that, even though I think Christopher Daniels is great, would have just resulted in almost everyone going 'Who?'. Daniels was under a developmental deal at this time and worked as a jobber on the B-shows and under a mask as Dos in Los Conquistadores against the Hardys. I can't believe he would have been considered for that spot.

Bruce said on episode 22 that Christopher Daniels was supposed to have been the Higher Power in WWE during the Attitude Era. I know he said it, but I call BS. That big of an angle and a reveal like that, even though I think Christopher Daniels is great, would have just resulted in almost everyone going 'Who?'. Daniels was under a developmental deal at this time and worked as a jobber on the B-shows and under a mask as Dos in Los Conquistadores against the Hardys. I can't believe he would have been considered for that spot.

Yeah that seems like total BS. Would they really consider using a developmental guy in 1999 for such a high profile angle.

I don't think he's saying it was always going to build to a big reveal. Instead, Daniels just would be been a new character brought in for a big role. And if it was a Russo idea like Bruce said, then Russo bringing it back (albeit for a week) in WCW a year later when Vampiro was cosplaying as Undertaker makes perfect sense.

I don't think he's saying it was always going to build to a big reveal. Instead, Daniels just would be been a new character brought in for a big role. And if it was a Russo idea like Bruce said, then Russo bringing it back (albeit for a week) in WCW a year later when Vampiro was cosplaying as Undertaker makes perfect sense.

This. If you look at the track record and sheets, Russo as a talent evaluator is clearly a strange cat. He pushed lots of guys he liked with bad track records, Jeff Jarrett being one of the most famous, but you've also got weird stuff like Big Vito getting lots of air time, or him pushing the worthless Harris Brothers...because....reasons? (aka probably how he knew them from WWE and they got along ok.)

Russo was definitely a big Daniels fan, so it's not completely unthinkable. On the other hand Daniels has never mentioned it before to my knowledge and you'd think it would've come out, at least if he ever knew himself that it had been discussed.

Fair point. He might not have known though if Vince immediately axed it when he found out.

So I finally started to listen to this. Started with the episode on Sunny since I knew it would provide some good stories. Since they were using her book for a lot of the information who knows if it is legit but the most mind boggling thing was her claiming to be a professional drug trafficker since she could smuggle pills over the boarder from Mexico. Good to know they filmed various vignettes at Vince's house back in the day as well as his story about how they signed Ron Simmons back in 1996.

• GSR changed the title to Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard