Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV Oct 17-23

cpst

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also caught Goldberg's promo on YouTube. Amazing how effective having a badass character cut badass promo can be, right? Imagine Roman cutting such promos back in early 2015 instead of the whole Looney Tunes rhymes shit. Not to mention, while I think Goldberg is underrated as a worker, Roman is a much much better worker.

To be fair to the women, since they started running HIAC as a yearly show has there been any matches that really warranted being in a cell? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

I took a look back at past HIAC main events and it isn't pretty. Lesnar vs. Undertaker? Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose was a pretty hot feud in the summer of 2014, but it was starting to cool off around HIAC and the finish to the match was a total joke.

I think what makes this worse to some people is they aren't even trying to shoehorn the match into the feud or sell the stip. They're just happy to be in a cell and cause pain to themselves because of the Women's Revolution.

It's doubly stupid because a yearly PPV kills the special attraction aspect of the cell, and PG eliminates any of the violence that made it a memorable match in the first place.

Not that I want to see Foley cage bumps or HBK blade jobs in every cell match, but with the current landscape it's just a regular match with the cage around it. Even if the feud was super heated there's nothing special about it anymore.

James Ellsworth, the most over babyface on Smackdown?

Apparently, James Ellsworth' t-shirt is the top seller on WWEShop.com at the moment. More than Goldberg, Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins.

It was never listed as the top seller on WWEShop. It's the first shirt listed when you go to New Arrivals, not when you sort by Best Sellers. But apparently that's all it takes to get "news" sites to run with the story even when they get called out for being wrong.

This Ellsworth thing is both funny and ridiculous.

I used to do commentary for an indy fed in the Pittsburgh area called VOW. We were one of the bigger indies in the area, and every time we had a show where there was a name, Ellsworth and a couple guys from the promotion he worked for would show up about half way into the show, sneak in with signs promoting there next event, run through the crowd yelling and generally making asses of themselves, and then haul ass out the front door. The shows he worked on were pretty much just a step above back yard.

I understand they were looking for someone to get squashed, and he fits the bill, but it really sucks that he is going to get somewhere out of this, when there is so much more deserving talent from the area.

I understand they were looking for someone to get squashed, and he fits the bill, but it really sucks that he is going to get somewhere out of this, when there is so much more deserving talent from the area.

Oh, there's no doubt there's more deserving people. This is 100% because of the way he looks. He looks like the biggest jobber that ever jobbed. Like a six-year-old could cold-cock him & knock him out cold. I think the appeal to WWE was because he looks so absolutely pathetic. So, in that regard, think of it as not exactly being something that anyone else that you might know whom is more deserving would want to be remembered for. Regardless of the money.

It will be funny in 15 years when he's running shows promoting himself as a former WWE Superstar and telling the boys he would have won the title but politics held him back.

I wonder when he'll do his first post-WWE shoot interview.

"I was booked to win it that night in Denver and have a PPV rematch with A.J. where I'd drop it back but [insert unpopular wrestling figure] killed it that night."