Pro Wrestling Only

NXT TakeOver Toronto/WWE Survivor Series Weekend

Grimmas

I'm so glad the WWE lifted their ban on PPVs in Toronto, as it's been a decade since the last one. Now we get both.

NXT TakeOver: Toronto

November 19, 2016

Shinsuke Nakamura -c- vs Samoa Joe (NXT Men's Title)

Asuka -c- vs Mickie James (NXT Women's Title)

Booby Roode vs Tye Dillinger

The Authors of Pain vs TM-61 (Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals)

The Revival vs #DIY (2/3 Falls, NXT Tag Team Titles)

WWE Survivor Series

November 20, 2106

Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg

Team Raw (Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, & Braun Strowman) vs Team SmackDown (AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Shane McMahon, Randy Orton, & Bray Wyatt)

Team Raw (Charlotte Flair, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Nia Jax, & Alicia Fox) vs Team SmackDown (Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Naomi, & Carmella)

Team Raw (The New Day, Enzo & Cass, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, Cesaro & Sheamus, & The Shining Stars) vs Team SmackDown (Heath Slater & Rhyno, The Hype Bros, American Alpha, The Usos, & Breezango)

The Miz -c- vs Sami Zayn (IC Title, if Zayn wins the IC Title will be on Raw)

The Brian Kendrick -c- vs Kalisto (Cruiserweight Title, if Kalisto wins the title and the whole division moves to SmackDown)

The booking may not be good, but these should be some really fun shows. Revival-DIY could be a MOTYC if they live up to their past and with 2/3 Falls they have a shot.

One thing is the crowd will be hot. I love Surivovor Series matches and Goldberg!! One of my all time favourites!

Who's going to win, are you excited? Plus live chats. This thread is for everything.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to DIY/Revival. Revival has been killing it this year with every big time match they had, my tag team of the year for sure. Really hoping they don't overdue the can't get along during the SS matches. Maybe I'm hoping to much but please don't be lazy. Plus Joe/Nakamura have to take it to another level. Also the crowd reactions should be fun. Good time it should be.

I was not aware of a pay -per -view ban in Toronto , how and when did this come about ? Is that a Meltzer rumor? or is it legit? I have never heard of a ban. Do you have the back story to this?

I am excited for this card which I never thought I would be , I was crapping all over the Goldberg stuff before it began but this has become a great little build and has been better then I ever expected it to be. I am feeling that Goldberg is going to actually win this match , I know that sounds crazy but I feel it coming and I do think it would be the smartest piece of business that could be done. Lets say you have Goldberg go over Lesner that causes a stir within the WWE Universe that is much needed at this time , and honestly Lesner has to change things up soon because I see people shitting all over this guy in the future , this guy is brutal in the ring and shows no fire and this is becoming very evident in his work and I find him to be very disrespectful , and is he really that big of a draw? really? I don't see it , so why does everybody cater to this guy? This perception of Lesner need to be turned on its head and I think the smartest piece of business would to actually start beating this guy...on a regular basis...along with beating him the Story would be based around the reality of him mailing it in and not showing respect to wrestling fans and Wrestling , if he wanted to play into this role and Embrace it then I think he could be a wonderful "REAL" Heel but I do think a major part of the success would be beating him , not killing him dead but slowly beat him down and build others in the process , lets face it the guy is not going to be around after his contract expires and he wont be back , so with the time you have with him why not use this opportunity to build guys up using Lesner. I take offense to Lesner and his work , and I think lots of fans do as well , so why not use this for story purposes. So I guess a question would be to everybody reading this is , Do you think beating Lesner would be the best way to propel this idea , or would this work better keeping him a dominate force? What do you guys think?

It was silly to not have a pay -per-view in Toronto for that long , I don't see the logic behind that decision. I was at the last Calgary pay per view that was Canadian Stampede , I was row 6 floor seats for that one , best show I have seen and best memories in Wrestling that I have experienced , but yes its also silly that WWE has not come back to Calgary , they did do one in Edmonton I think later but I was gone by that time. I know the Stampede boys that do the Podcast also went to that Card in Calgary so they know what it was about and have done a wonderful job describing that atmosphere in the building that night.

Toronto has always been a hot crowd and tonight should be no different. I think Lesner is in for a rude awaking tonight in that Building and will be getting the loudest boos possible and everybody knows how Toronto fans can be unpredictable and vocal , well I am feeling from the Canadian Audience a very dislike and discord towards Lesner slowly building , the only thing that could keep him protected from this is that he is being billed from Canada now and this could just throw my whole theory out the window , but I think my biggest intrigue of this show is the way the fans are going to be on Sunday , that's what I am looking forward to most. Its the biggest mystery of the show I think....

If Lesnar loses, it will be due to Shane-nigans, which isn't a bad way for him to lose, just disappointing to me personally cuz I really loathe these two wrestling at WM. I don't know who else I'd put up against Brock, but I'm in "anybody but Shane" camp.

I'm also hoping that Goldberg can still "go" somewhat as I wouldn't mind him squashing someone at Mania in a 10 minute (total with entrances) segment. That may seem to contradict my statement above, but on a 5 hour show, Id sooner enjoy Goldberg crushing a shit-talking heel (they could almost literally run the Jericho/Goldberg feud from 20 years ago) for 10 minutes than a 45 minute Shane vanity segment like last year.

It doesn't even make sense from a storyline/kayfabe standpoint to do Brock-Shane. If you go with the idea that he just wants to mess up his sister's show, why go after the guy who's only around once every few months and hardly ever interacts with any of the regular members of the roster? If his goal is to ruin Raw, he should take a lead pipe to Owens' knee or flatten Roman's tires.

Shane vs. Brock is going to be a battle to prove who is really the best shoot fighter in WWE. They are going to start a new Brawl for All before Mania that will all be a shoot except for Shane's fights where guys will be instructed to take a dive and get "knocked out" by Shane's punches.

So...if Joe looses tonight , what happens with him? What would you guys do with him? I would put Joe Vs Lesner WM33 , it's the best opponent for Lesner and it's believable if Joe beats him. Sort of. What would you think about a Shield 2.0 faction? Samoa Joe joins with Rollins , Ambrose and Roman to rejoin a new shield group that doesn't go with the brand splits and declair themselves free agents and they all cause havoc on both shows! They could start by ruining the main event of the "Series" matches and just go into business for themselves , also to get even more heat , they could also ruin the main event by laying Goldberg and Lesner out at the end of the show. WWE needs to get their shit together because as I just demonstated with this angle they have so much potential that is available to them.

Carly Caruso must be the new Renee Young for NXT based on the pre show. Ooof that is definitely a downgrade.

Yeah, rocky so far. That said, as someone who is mostly a casual when it comes to WWE/NXT the pre-show has me pretty excited for these matches. I hate the name "#DIY," though. Love both wrestlers but what an awful name.