Pro Wrestling Only

NXT TakeOver Toronto/WWE Survivor Series Weekend

Grimmas

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe and Nak are both ready for the main roster. The Revival is too. Problem is that if you keep just taking all the people that are any good away from NXT, why would people continue to pay to watch NXT? Look at the women's division right now.

Dana Brooke was called up too soon. So were Enzo & Cass. Bayley was ready for the main roster but WWE didn't seem to have any reason for her to be there. Now Samoa Joe, whom is ready for the main roster, is NXT champion again and it's like, why? So you can do Joe/Nak 3?

How were Enzo and cass not ready to be called up? They are very over on Raw right now. Might be even more over than the New Day. They did all they could do in NXT except win the tag titles.

Good show but not in the same league as the past couple. Tag team match was an all timer though. Can't wait to see the Revival on the main roster vs Alpha. I never want to see a Joe vs Nakamura match again much like Cena vs Orton.

Joe and Nak are both ready for the main roster. The Revival is too. Problem is that if you keep just taking all the people that are any good away from NXT, why would people continue to pay to watch NXT? Look at the women's division right now.

Dana Brooke was called up too soon. So were Enzo & Cass. Bayley was ready for the main roster but WWE didn't seem to have any reason for her to be there. Now Samoa Joe, whom is ready for the main roster, is NXT champion again and it's like, why? So you can do Joe/Nak 3?

Yeah, it's a weird spot to be in for them. They have a developmental show that they'd rather not use to develop people anymore but the pickings are mighty slim on the indie scene after they cleaned out the cupboard over the past couple years.

LOL. Oh. Canada. Potential MOTY, but other than that easily the worst Takeover ever.

I think that "honor" goes to Takeover London.

For depth I think London blows this show out of the water. Loved both women's matches on that show and bonus points for being so different, whereas tonight's was average at best. Take your pick on main events but neither was anything particularly memorable.

How were Enzo and cass not ready to be called up? They are very over on Raw right now.

Because other than the same sing-a-long entrance, they bring nothing to the table on the main roster. They're both pretty bad in-ring. Cass is as generic as they come: both in looks, wrestling & on the microphone. Enzo would be a better manager/mouthpiece and, like you said, they never won the NXT tag titles. They had more they could have done with them in NXT. And NXT could use them.

How were Enzo and cass not ready to be called up? They are very over on Raw right now.

Because other than the same sing-a-long entrance, they bring nothing to the table on the main roster. They're both pretty bad in-ring. Cass is as generic as they come: both in looks, wrestling & on the microphone. Enzo would be a better manager/mouthpiece and, like you said, they never won the NXT tag titles. They had more they could have done with them in NXT. And NXT could use them.

Pretty much. They're over because of the entrance routine and Enzo on the mic. Once that wraps up they really can't do much at this point to get themselves or any opponents over, although they did a nice job with Cass in the title match after Balor went down, but you can't exactly use those gimmicks every night with him. Could develop them a lot more in NXT right now.

For depth I think London blows this show out of the water. Loved both women's matches on that show and bonus points for being so different, whereas tonight's was average at best. Take your pick on main events but neither was anything particularly memorable.

I think Asuka had the better match today, and while I liked her bout against Emma, some things like the foreign object spots didn't quite click. While I get what they tried to do in Bayley vs Nia, I am a bit conflicted about Bayley kicking out of various finishers and winning with a move she basically never did before.

The main event at London was something I thought was just bad. Balor is just... not very good most of the times. While I can't say Joe/Nak II was good, it felt like it had more going for it.

It was a fun show, but it did get progressively worse IMO.

- Roode vs. Dillinger was good fun once it got going. The outcome was never truly in doubt, but they did make me question my instincts a couple of times. Dillinger's dejected "I'm sorry" at the end was both heartbreaking and awesome.

- Authors of Pain vs. TM61 wasn't a great match, but I don't think it was necessarily designed to be. Truth be told, I was more worried about Ellering up in that cage. That thing looked flimsy as hell. Was the chain spot blown near the end, or did the Author of Pain mean to throw out out of the ring? Either way, the right team won. TM61 has done nothing for me whatsoever. The Mighty Don't Kneel, but TM61 Does Bore.

- The Revival vs. #DIY (dumb name, great team) was far and away the match of the night. These guys are awesome. Part of me thought #DIY would win to set up a feud with Authors of Pain, but the other part of me was expecting a turn from Ciampa, who was subtly abusive toward his partner during the match (did anyone else notice that?)

- Asuka vs. Mickie James was strange. They made James, a once-off wrestler (as far as we know), look stronger than Bayley or Nia Jax. Still, the outcome was never in doubt. The finish felt kind of rushed, if anything.

- I am getting heat in another thread for my utter disdain for Samoa Joe from Johnny Sorrow and the like. I'll accept that. I don't buy Joe as a "badass" - he's totally miscast in the role - and this was easily the worst match of the night and the worst main event in the history of NXT TakeOver. That's probably because it Joe controlled the tempo throughout and made it his kind of match: slow, boring and sloppy. They've turned Nakamura, who was something really special, into "just another guy." I really hope he's being called up. I'll be honest that another Joe reign fills me with complete dread. I was half-hoping that Tyson Kidd, who the fat, clumsy Joe injured, would come out and confront him. That would make a second Joe reign bearable for me. But Kidd's career is probably over (thanks, Joe), so I knew that was a pipe dream. Where does this leave Roode, who seemed poised to be the next challenger? I realize he's getting glorious fan reactions, but he's not exactly a babyface. I guess we'll get another Nakamura rematch first. I hope Nak regains it and sends Joe to Raw (as much as I don't like Joe, I'd love a Joe-Reigns feud because that's a natural).

I have come out of NXT Toronto with one very ugly opinion regarding the crowds of these shows that are coming to these WWE events lately and for the past year. What is wrong with you people?! Why cant you just shut the hell up during the match and react to what is happening IN the match? Would that be so hard to do? react to the program? is that so hard nowadays to do this?

Example: Roode vs Dillinger - This match would and could have been soooo much better and had that potential going on inside that ring last night , those two had a great program in mind during that match but I feel it couldn't be executed the way they had planned and wanted , and I feel it was because of the crowd in Toronto not paying attention! Pay attention! So many things in that match was just lost because of the commentary not doing a good job or the crowd just not recognizing great spots , they react to the stupid things!! and in the meantime while they are putting the focus on things that don't matter they miss what is happening , missing good spots too! Good spots go without notice but yet stupid shit is getting the attention. Its sad man. I have such a hard time these days watching this product because of how ignorant the crowds are towards the work. I might take Wrestling to seriously and maybe I am expecting to much , but I cant be the only one thinking these things.

OK so the commentary? They suck! I am sorry but what a problem WWE has with adding substance and "meat" to a program. They add nothing , and actually take away from matches and events. The wrestling in the ring is the best it has ever been but yet it comes off as lame as fuck! Why is that? what is going on here? Its colour that needs to be added to these matches....they have none!

With all that out of the way , I enjoyed the Wrestling and the performances from the Talent. The Tag team Championship match was 4* and a great match , but surprisingly my favorite match of the night was Asuka vs Mikey James , I was into this the whole way , with James really impressing me and I feel that it was the best match Asuka has had so far in NXT. I enjoyed that match more then her Bailey ones. I think Mikey James could have a few matches on the main roster now after what I seen from her last night. I think a James vs Sasha banks could be good , also a match with Charlotte I would be interested to see , shit even a Becky Lynch match VS James would get me to tune in.

Samoa Joe vs Nakamura

I am ok with Joe winning this and I am under the impression that this is not going to continue. I hope it doesn't continue and Nakamura can move on from here and go to the Main Roster , with the Rumble coming up he needs to be in that match....Finn Balor I think is also going to be coming back around that time from injury , so now you could have Balor and Nakamura as surprise entrants to the Rumble match. Joe? Well that's no a huge question for me. Is a Joe vs Regal match or program in the works? Could Regal still wrestle? is he able? Samoa Joe vs Regal at the next Take Away? Good match but not match of the night. 3 1/2 for me on this one.

7 out of 10 for the show as whole and pretty much what I expected from this card.

@roadtonewjapan1 Twitter

Road to New Japan G1 climax Pilot now available on Soundcloud . Go listen.

Samoa Joe vs Nakamura

I am ok with Joe winning this and I am under the impression that this is not going to continue. I hope it doesn't continue and Nakamura can move on from here and go to the Main Roster

I could be wrong or misremembering, but didn't the commentators make it clear that this wasn't over? I was definitely under the impression that we were getting at least one more match. It was late and I was tired though, so I might be mixing up their commentary with my own wishes and/or posts here speculating about a rematch.

But yeah, I'm so ready for Nakamura to be called up. Would LOVE him as a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble.

And as much as I dislike Joe, I think Joe vs. Reigns is a natural feud - would be a lot of fun.