Pro Wrestling Only

NXT TakeOver Toronto/WWE Survivor Series Weekend

Grimmas

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the women's match was fine and fun for what it was. Anyone expecting expert psychology or pinfalls that aren't rushed clearly don't remember past Survivor Series matches - they're all like this.

Still, I agree with the criticisms - Carmella being pinned by a jobber like Foxy, Sasha being disposed of like a midcarder, and Jax tapping out so quickly - but that kind of stuff is par for the course in a Survivor Series match. Odd that Naomi, of all people, got "protected" with the countout loss.

What was with Nikki Bella being replaced? Legit injury or did Nattie attack her?

I thought the women's match was fine and fun for what it was. Anyone expecting expert psychology or pinfalls that aren't rushed clearly don't remember past Survivor Series matches - they're all like this.

I've literally just watched Survivor Series 88 and that whole show is phenomenally well booked and has some great psychology.

I've literally just watched Survivor Series 88 and that whole show is phenomenally well booked and has some great psychology.

Fair enough, but watch '91 or beyond and they're not a far cry from that women's match. I'm not saying the women's match was blameless - there are definitely things to criticize - but I think people have rose-colored glasses about past Survivor Series matches.

Well I guess they are already building up the inevitable James Ellsworth turn on Smackdown to join RAW

I hope not, because his whole appeal is that he's a babyface. Ditto for Foley's. (Obviously Foley was a fantastic heel in his day, but that's not the role anyone wants to see him in now IMO.)

Fair enough, but watch '91 or beyond and they're not a far cry from that women's match. I'm not saying the women's match was blameless - there are definitely things to criticize - but I think people have rose-colored glasses about past Survivor Series matches.

Yeah, they put less care into the gimmick and its nuances over time definitely.