Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania

goodhelmet

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could just be viewing it with fresher, more sober eyes than I’ll be viewing whatever’s happening on this hellscape five hours from now, but Aries-Neville exceeded my expectations. 205 Live has been so bland for so long that this felt like an afterthought, and it’s scary to think a pre-show opener could easily be match of the night. But I was really impressed that they managed to blend such fast, on-target flying with brawling and bumps that made this feel like a truly heated fight. Loved the finish and thought the whole match was paced to tell the right story. You could make the argument that a Cibernetico-type match could have gotten more Cruiserweights on the card, but this seems like as good a match as these two guys could have. Aries has always felt like a guy whose gimmick is that he’s a main eventer rather than actually being one, but he looked like the right mix of wily vet who still has his athleticism.

Goldust rocking his 1996 gear

Yep. Old-school baby.

I do love the set-up. As always. Love giant outdoor set-ups.

Always a ton of fun. Love the look and production of these shows.

Camerawork or at least decision making in the truck has been real shoddy, coming close to missing several eliminations.

They went to commercial during this??? (fortunately they did not on the network)

Goldust rocking his 1996 gear

Yep. Old-school baby.

I do love the set-up. As always. Love giant outdoor set-ups.

Always a ton of fun. Love the look and production of these shows.

Camerawork or at least decision making in the truck has been real shoddy, coming close to missing several eliminations.

Definitely, they missed Braun's big spot of shrugging off the pile of dudes to go after Big Show. And someone more ambitious than me should start a Twitter account tracking the crowd shots. :)