Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Money In The Bank 2017

Jmare007

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I might hate 2017 WWE more than I ever hated 2002-2004 WWE.

But is it 2010 - 2012 WWE level yet

Well, I kind of took a hiatus after the Benoit murders and didn't get back in until I got into Chikara in 2011. I missed that whole time period minus NXT's start.

Didn't watch much of the first hour. Main event was a fun spotfest and also thought Jinder vs Orton was fine with some cool moments.

Miserable show kayfabe wise though, the only "feel good moment" was Naomi winning? Jeez...

I didn't actually watch the Jeff Gaylord match. I watched OMG vs Dibiase and Kozak vs Gino instead. Both were really good.

Congratulations?

So in less than three hours we got:

- the historic, never before seen, first time ever female Money in the Bank Ladder Match ends with a man climbing up to get the case and handing it to his girlfriend.

- some sort of fuck finish with the Usos I missed.

- Maria and Mike Bennett debuting to the delight of no one.

- Jinder Fucking Mahal.

- Jinder beating Orton THE EXACT SAME WAY AS THE LAST PPV IS ORTON SOME KIND OF IDIOT WAY TO GO PAL

- The Ascension.

- the most popular guy immediately being taken out of MITB

- He then makes a glorious comeback only to be screwed again by the same dude.

- Who is Baron Corbin. Who isn't interesting or over. There's your next world champion folks. The SD roster consists of AJ, Nakamura, Orton, Cena, Owens, Sami...but the title will be held in 2017 by Jinder Mahal and Baron Corbin instead.

But at least they are building up for AJ vs Nakamura at Summerslam? I thought for Wrestlemania but maybe both. Not complaining

When is the actual tour of India so we know how many Smackdown shows will see that finish. Jinder could have a needle in his ass going to the ring and he will be champ for that tour.

I don't understand how they are making Lesnar/Joe so awesome yet they literally can do nothing else right. I understand sometimes you misfire and sometimes you go down the wrong path but I don't get how anyone can look at these shows and think a human being would be entertained by it.

Silver lining...WWE is trying its best not to be stale all around. WWE could have EASILY gone with Charlotte, Orton, and Styles. I would not have been upset with one of those choices, but the other two are definitely old hat (and that's putting it kindly). Mahal, Carmella, and Corbin all winning isn't THAT bad, but when you put all of those wins into context and top on the fact that all of that occurred in conjunction with an Ascension return, Lana being absolutely terrible in all regards, and Maria and Mike walking out like superstars despite not having the resume or fanfare...and it was a bad night for everyone involved.

I actually really loved that stupid main event. It felt like a garbage IWA Mid-South match that nobody would have gotten paid for, except performed by guys who are all getting paid a LOT. It made the whole match really fun, left me in a happy mood.

WWE hates their fans.

Nah, cause I'm a fan and I enjoyed the show. WWE doesn't care about fans who hatewatch. Granted, I watched the show surrounded by family and friends during a Father's Day BBQ, with kids and folks getting into it. You know, the way it's supposed to be watched. Not by yourself , all alone and already set to hate it.

I actually thought the show was pretty fun. Jinder/Orton felt like an old school match from the early 90's. Women's MITB was fine. Main was fine. Fashion Police are still funny. Usos/New Day was good. I'm glad Jinder retained & Corbin won as those were the two I was pulling for. Doesn't seem like anyone got hurt. Don't care about Mike Bennett & Maria at all but whatever. Naomi/Lana was a throwaway match & I missed the preshow match but the show was fine to me.

The thing is, if fans want to cheer every indy guy no matter what, they shouldn't be surprised if Vince pushes the heels who can actually get heat from the smart crowds - aka, guys like Corbin and Jinder.

Maybe they should've actually booed Owens being handed the title by HHH instead of chanting 'You Deserve It.'