Pro Wrestling Only

The 10,000 person crowd

sek69

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ROH COO Joe Koff says Supercard of Honor XII will be a 6,000-person sellout with Cody vs. Omega as the main event. If that's true and not corporate BS and fudging the numbers, then I can see All In getting 10 thou.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2018/3/30/17182230/ring-of-honor-coo-joe-koff-talks-supercard-sellout-new-japan-relationship-impact-daniel-bryan-more

iv always said it is is possible based on numbers I know from Promotions like FMW who basically drew between 30-45 to Kawasaki or promotions like LLPW Pulled 15k to a show in Fukui with no TV Omega and bucks a wider exposure than FMW did back then ad, why more than LLPW had as rule both of them, were smaller than as a brand,The bucks are now

just saying i know this is not apples to apples but its best i can do

ROH COO Joe Koff says Supercard of Honor XII will be a 6,000-person sellout with Cody vs. Omega as the main event. If that's true and not corporate BS and fudging the numbers, then I can see All In getting 10 thou.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2018/3/30/17182230/ring-of-honor-coo-joe-koff-talks-supercard-sellout-new-japan-relationship-impact-daniel-bryan-more

It's going to get there pretty easily.

Seems unfair to draw a comparison to Mania weekend show. Is ROH drawing anything close to that for anything they're not piggybacking off WWE?

They draw really great when they get Omega.

They've never drawn more than 3,500.

6k for ROH is unprecedented even if the announcement for Omega-Cody spiked ticket sales. Seems highly unlikely they'd ever draw this number if they're not running the same market the same weekend as a major WWE event.

This article lists the capacity at 5,162. Joe Koff is an old school wrestling promoter, so you have to factor that in as well.

It will be very interesting to see what happens in Chicago.

Seems unfair to draw a comparison to Mania weekend show. Is ROH drawing anything close to that for anything they're not piggybacking off WWE?

They draw really great when they get Omega.

They've never drawn more than 3,500.

6k for ROH is unprecedented even if the announcement for Omega-Cody spiked ticket sales. Seems highly unlikely they'd ever draw this number if they're not running the same market the same weekend as a major WWE event.

This article lists the capacity at 5,162. Joe Koff is an old school wrestling promoter, so you have to factor that in as well.

It will be very interesting to see what happens in Chicago.

Last time they ran Chicago the show sold out practically instantly when they announced Omega for it and probably could have sold a couple thousand more if the building could hold it, speaking as someone who was in attendance. The All In show being announced has seemed to hurt the sales for the May 13 Chicago show the last time I saw, though. ROH pretty much sucks but All In isn't an ROH show.

They sold a ton for the NOLA show because fans knew who was going to be there before they announced matches. We got our front row tix for it because we got them right when they went on sale. I am guessing we could sell them for a few hundred bucks at this point.

All In not being an ROH show but a Bullet Club Produce show is still very good. They essentially give these folks free reign, to ROH Benet, but when it comes time for the show that matters they kick them to the side. Dope dope dope

Its a point in its favor, really. It has been a mutually beneficial relationship, though.

It's not, but if word gets back to them Santo was on a show with guys from a company they work with they would probably be upset.

Paco seemingly keeps track of shows Santo's on than he does the indy shows his guys work on.

I think it's more that we've all had a feeling it will do well for a few weeks now. In addition to that, you can't really compare the live draws of Japanese promotions versus American ones, especially from the 90s to now.

know i its ot apples to apples but it its close enough to b fair compare tp LLPW any way maybe not fmw size wise but onita and the bucks are a good at self promotion as eatch other so that in my eyes is fair in the 1990's as much as i loved llpw its was only the 5th biggest promotion is Japan the 2nd biggest martet or around 7th over all id say rph [ wtich has the same fans as this show] is around the 4th biggest darwing promotion in the wrold only bettern by wwe njpw and cmll on averridge

Pretty much every luchador who could draw is booked for Vegas on that day. Honestly 4 shows in one weekend in Vegas that have LA Park, Rey Jr, Pentagon Jr, Fenix, Mil Mascaras, Ultimo Dragon, Tiger, Puma, Felino, Blue Demon Jr, Konnan, Maximo, Juvi, Super Crazy, Mascarita Dorada, Super Astro, Pirata Morgan, and Solar already announced sounds better than anything All Together could come up with.

Pretty much every luchador who could draw is booked for Vegas on that day. Honestly 4 shows in one weekend in Vegas that have LA Park, Rey Jr, Pentagon Jr, Fenix, Mil Mascaras, Ultimo Dragon, Tiger, Puma, Felino, Blue Demon Jr, Konnan, Maximo, Juvi, Super Crazy, Mascarita Dorada, Super Astro, Pirata Morgan, and Solar already announced sounds better than anything All Together could come up with.

Wait wait wait. I waste as much time on the internet as I do and I'm just learning about this? Where have I gone wrong? This sounds epic!

Not to throw a wrench into things but Fenix and Pentagon Jr. have been confirmed for All In.

Frankly I would think Volador Jr. is the next most likely name.