Pro Wrestling Only

Hall of Fame 2018

flyonthewall2983

It matters because the other well known wrestling Hall only exists on some guys hard drive with no ceremonies or proof that it happened.

They may not have a physical space yet, but at least do have a yearly ceremony with artifacts given to the HOFers.

In all honesty I which the Pro Wrestling Hall now in Texas, or Cauliflower Alley were respected a lot more in the IWC than the WOs. Other wise, that is Vinces only competition when it comes to honoring the entertainment venues past.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people get so het up about the carny hall of fame anyway. It's just a nice way to bring back old characters and let them talk about their careers.

I agree with that. My guess is, its the bias of wishing Meltzers Hall was more respected than just small pockets of the IWC with voters as members of the communities.

I don't know why people get so het up about the carny hall of fame anyway. It's just a nice way to bring back old characters and let them talk about their careers.

I agree with that. My guess is, its the bias of wishing Meltzers Hall was more respected than just small pockets of the IWC with voters as members of the communities.

I'll never understand why anyone would get upset over anyone being in/out of the WWE HOF. It was brought back to sell DVDs and now it exists for them to have another event on Mania weekend to sell tickets to.

Like I said, I really wish that the physical Hall in Texas (formerly upstate New York) and Califlower Alley were much more prominent than Meltzers. That way the WWE Hall can be treated akin to a pro teams HOF or gallery (Yankees Monument Park), or a team retiring uniform numbers, or making statues inside/outside their home stadium.

I mean, it is pretty much the same as the Rock n Roll HOF when you think about it. You can be inducted multiple times as either solo or a group, and it's pretty much up to the person running it who gets in.

The R&R HOF is pretty dumb, but it seems to be based on a legitimate voting process - there's a committee that comes up with the nominations and then "Ballots are then sent to more than 900 historians, members of the music industry and artists..." It's more akin to the WON HOF than anything else.

I mean, it is pretty much the same as the Rock n Roll HOF when you think about it. You can be inducted multiple times as either solo or a group, and it's pretty much up to the person running it who gets in.

The R&R HOF is pretty dumb, but it seems to be based on a legitimate voting process - there's a committee that comes up with the nominations and then "Ballots are then sent to more than 900 historians, members of the music industry and artists..." It's more akin to the WON HOF than anything else.
Which is why I equate the WWEs, TNAs, WCWs, ECW Arenas, etc with the same like honor of a specfic sports team.

There are several that do run fan polls, but mostly they are done at the whim of who runs the team at the time. See Steinbrenner family and whom the Yankees have in Monument Park or retired numbers of for a perfect example.

And in recent years there has been a fan poll, and the people who are already in get a vote too.

As far as WWE's go, I cannot imagine anybody else outside the McMahon bubble having a say who gets in. Which I'm weirdly okay with, it's in line with how the company has always operated.

Hillbilly Jim may have played a simple country boy, but he's surprisingly articulate and did a decent job on color commentary for the standards of that era. Was he Jim Ross? No. But he was never expected to be either. His speech will be just fine.

Based on who's been announced, there's no way that Jim and Jarrett don't have the best speeches locked up. Jim is a ridiculously nice and likable guy with a great memory who loves wrestling. Jarrett should have the most emotional speech. Rest feels a bit light, but those should deliver.