Pro Wrestling Only

Hall of Fame 2018

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Goldberg be the main event or will they add a bigger name (Undertaker or Daniel Bryan would be the first candidates that come to mind) within the next few weeks?

They announce the "main event" first to get the most out of ticket sales. I wouldn't expect any names bigger than Goldberg at this stage.

Will Goldberg be the main event or will they add a bigger name (Undertaker or Daniel Bryan would be the first candidates that come to mind) within the next few weeks?

They announce the "main event" first to get the most out of ticket sales. I wouldn't expect any names bigger than Goldberg at this stage.

The one exception was the last-minute addition of Bruno, knocking Mick Foley from the headline spot.

Wrestlemania: Piper/Orndorf Vs. Hogan/Mr. T

Wrestlemania 2: Hogan/ King Kong Bundy

Wrestlemania 3: Hogan/Andre

Wrestlemania 4: Tournament with DiBiase/Savage main

Wrestlemania 5: Hogan/Savage

Wrestlemania 6: Hogan/Warrior

Wrestlemania 7: Hogan/Slaughter

So if you remove Hulk Hogan from the equation, from all of the early Wrestlemania main events, you have Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorf, Mr. T., Andre the Giant, Ted DiBiase, Randy Savage, The Ultimate Warrior & Sgt. Slaughter all in the Hall of Fame & only King Kong Bundy not.

They should remedy that.

Jim spent a fair amount of time in the office, doing promotional work, etc. For a real Hall of Fame, probably not. But a company Hall of Fame, absolutely.

Which is the point Ive been trying to make! Especially with the correlation with the Yankees Monument park, which does include plaques honoring Papal visits to The Stadium, as well as Nelson Mandelas 1990 visit so there are Gagne/Von Erichs like inclusions in there.

Unfortunately with the way the company gets treated by the mainstream and mass general public as PRO WRESTLING ITSELF, stuff like the one in Texas, and the one on Meltzers hard drive are barely known.

Was Bundy the one who said that WWE asked him if he wanted to be in and he turned them down? I could swear I heard a story like that about him.

Yes, I just recently watched the Kayfabe Commentaries "Supercard" shoot interview about Wrestlemania 2, featuring King Kong Bundy. In that interview he mentioned casually that they contacted him about going into the Hall of Fame and he gave the impression that he has no interest in it at all. I got the impression it was a while ago that they asked him, as well.

The two things that come across loud and clear in that interview is that Bundy has some serious issues with Vince McMahon still, and that he really doesn't care about Pro Wrestling in general. He mentioned how he felt McMahon lied to and took advantage of the wrestlers back in the 80's, paying them only a fraction of the money they were earning for the WWF. Bundy has a list of financial grievances with McMahon where he feels he was prevented from earning all the money he could have, and claimed McMahon did it out of spite. He also talked about how he got into wrestling because he had wrestled as an amateur and because he was big, but he never followed the sport growing up and didn't love it like a lot of other guys did. He gives the impression he basically got into the sport to make money and that was it.

He's an interesting interview, but his memory is pretty bad. He couldn't remember details about a lot of things you'd have thought he'd be able to remember since he was involved. I think it was because he honestly didn't pay that close attention because he didn't really care. Also, he is one of the prototypical "you have to be over 6 feet tall and weigh over 300 pounds to be a wrestler" guys, so he shits all over people who are smaller than he is like Chris Jericho and Randy Savage, for example.

He's a funny guy, but you can tell he gives exactly zero fucks about Pro Wrestling or getting into the WWE Hall of Fame. I'm sure if they wrote him a big enough paycheck he'd show up, but I doubt they would.

Wrestlemania: Piper/Orndorf Vs. Hogan/Mr. T

Wrestlemania 2: Hogan/ King Kong Bundy

Wrestlemania 3: Hogan/Andre

Wrestlemania 4: Tournament with DiBiase/Savage main

Wrestlemania 5: Hogan/Savage

Wrestlemania 6: Hogan/Warrior

Wrestlemania 7: Hogan/Slaughter

So if you remove Hulk Hogan from the equation, from all of the early Wrestlemania main events, you have Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorf, Mr. T., Andre the Giant, Ted DiBiase, Randy Savage, The Ultimate Warrior & Sgt. Slaughter all in the Hall of Fame & only King Kong Bundy not.

They should remedy that.

Heard a podcast suggest Scott Steiner as a potential two time HOFer based on his being a huge WCW main event draw in their waning years. Soooo maybe there is room for Sid?

Extrapolating that with other final matches in WM history, here who isnt in yet, or arent mortal locks (Taker, Rock, Jericho, Cena, Orton, HHH, Miz) at this point:

Roman Reigns

Seth Rollins

Brock Lesnar (I can legit see him being a Bundy type and turn it down, maybe in after he passes or as a mellow 60-70 year old)

Daniel Bryan (Pretty much Bubba Dudley last year as I bet they were waiting for him to say he was officially done)

Batista (Again like Lesnar, I can see him turning a HOF slot down)

Chris Benoit (We know hes never going in)

Big Show (Okay, I can see as a Hillbilly Jim/Miz/Godfather/Koko pick, but for now, kind of on the outside)

Bam Bam Bigelow (Great pick for a why isnt he in yet piece)

Lawrence Taylor (Be a good celeb. Maybe next year)

Sid

Bundy

11 out of 34 final match participants. Not a shabby percentage.

Batista will probably go in, he's friends with HHH and his beef was with OVW who they don't work with anymore. I could see pretty much everyone you listed being locks except for You Know Who and guys who don't give a shit like Bundy, Lesnar and, Honky Tonk Man (who's mentioned several times he doesn't care about it).

Batista will probably go in, he's friends with HHH and his beef was with OVW who they don't work with anymore. I could see pretty much everyone you listed being locks except for You Know Who and guys who don't give a shit like Bundy, Lesnar and, Honky Tonk Man (who's mentioned several times he doesn't care about it).

That would explain why he probably is like Jim in the he wasnt in already!? department.

I hope for Sid every year. I think Big Show is definite not long after he officially retires. Bigelow had been rumored for this year so that's still possible I think with maybe one spot left.

No woman goes in this year ? That would be odd.

Ivory is in this year's class

Some more fun, SummerSlam Final Matches

HOF

Hogan 88 89 91 05

Savage 88 89

Andre 88

DiBiase 88

Warrior 90 91

Rude 90

Sgt Slaughter 91

Iron Sheik (as Col. Mustafa) 91

Bret Hart 92 97 10

Yokozuna 93

Diesel/Kevin Nash 95 03

Shawn Michaels 96 03 05

Steve Austin 98 99

Mankind 99

Kurt Angle 00

Booker T 01

Goldberg 03

Edge 06 08 10

Locks for future HOF classes or should be in someday

Davey Boy Smith 92

Lex Luger 93

Undertaker 94 97 98 08 15

Vader 96

Triple H 99 00 03 12

The Rock 00 01 02

Brock Lesnar 02 12 14 15 16 17 (despite what I said in the WM post)

Chris Jericho 03 10

Randy Orton 03 04 07 13 16

John Cena 06 07 10 11 13 14

CM Punk 09 11 (I see this happening more than one more match)

Jeff Hardy 09

Daniel Bryan 10 13

R-Truth 10 (dont laugh, I can see him filling out a class)

Roman Reigns 17 (Okay, barring a career ending injury or Wellness firing NOW hes on the HOF trajectory)

Samoa Joe 17 (I can see the Sting route with guys like him, AJ and Kevin Owens, that would go in as an Indie Darling of the post-WCW/ECW era group of HOFers)

Not in and probably no chance

Beefcake 89

Tiny Zeus Lister 89

General Adnan 91

Brian Underfaker Lee 94

Mabel 95

Chris Benoit 04

John Morrison 10 (though if he made a return, hed be in the has a shot category)

Wade Barrett 10 (though if he made a return, hed be in the has a shot category)

David Otunga 10

Heath Slater 10 (I have kids! I need that HOF ring!)

Ryback 10

Darren Young 10

Michael Tarver 10

Justin Gabriel 10

Alberto Del Rio 11 (though if he made a return, hed be in the has a shot category)

Braun Strowman 17 (way too early)

Big Show will absolutely go in one day. He was a big capture in 99, had the big Mania match with Mayweather, a long run where he was one of the ultimate company guys ever while working alongside the likes of Lesnar, Cena, Eddie, Angle, Taker, Henry etc, thought of highly by just about everyone in the company. He's a total lock when he finishes up for good, I'd say. And he'd have an awesome speech, the dude is super likeable.

Big Show (Okay, I can see as a Hillbilly Jim/Miz/Godfather/Koko pick, but for now, kind of on the outside)

Unless Big Show does something to get on WWE's bad side politically, he'll go in for sure, and not as a joke/filler name. Been in WWE for almost 20 years, one of their premier stars, won just about every title. He might even headline a class.

Big Show to me is a second from headline guy in a HoF year. He's done everything, been around forever, is respected by everyone and seems like a great guy but I definitely see him as semi-main in the year Taker or someone goes in as opposed to a headline inductee.