Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/08 - 10/14 Brazil is actually turning into a dictatorship please send help

KawadaSmile

Seriously wonder if Heyman is working on creative with all these turns going down.  In the past 2 months we've had Becky, Braun, Lashley and The Bellas turn.  Probably more to come.  Someone in the Shield v Dogs of War is certainly turning eventually  This happens to coincide with the reports Heyman was helping some with creative.  

Oh and I guess Kane and Taker "turned" in Australia

The pairing of Lio Rush with Lashley is excellent. I hope they stick with it and give them a chance to strike up some chemistry together. This is basically Bobby's early heel act from TNA, except that Rush could serve as an upgrade in the MVP/Kenny King role. I love that he's capable of being the trash talker AND the bumping manager all in one, yet they didn't have him eat a bunch of punishment here. Hold off on that payoff, and at least ATTEMPT to make it a meaningful moment when it first occurs. Meantime? Let him weasel his way out of situations and feed Bobby.

Oh. And Alicia Fox is wonderful. She is simultaneously both a trainwreck and a treasure. She commands attention like nobody's business, and it happens anytime she finds her way onscreen. I cannot fathom why they aren't tripping over themselves to find something consistent for her to do. Jinder has been a non-entity, regardless of where they try to position him. But here, Foxy falling over herself to open the ropes for him & openly arguing about it with Sunil Singh was just tremendous.

This is clearly one of those oft-discussed periods when Vince woke up & decided his company needs more managers. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Here's what I wrote about Alicia Fox in 2016...

"Alicia Fox's Scissors Kick continues to be one of my favorite moves in the WWE as, no matter how many times she delivers the thing, it almost always looks like her opponent is not expecting it and she's delivering it with utter recklessness - it is just beautiful in its sloppiness like a JBL clothesline."

And in 2014...

"I’ve been a big fan of Fox since her character took off a few weeks ago and I've always enjoyed her matches – not because she is a great worker, but largely because, especially in her first years, she was so sloppy it looked like she was legit hurting her opponents. This adds a level of danger to her matches that is rare in the divas division, kinda like when Vader would be potatoing dudes in early 90’s WCW. Fox has tightened up her in-ring skills since then, but she also just looks much more comfortable too, her natural charisma no longer hidden behind insecurity and botched scissor kicks."

I think I was a bit harsh when I kept using the word "sloppiness," which I regret, but also, I'm not sure what other word one could use to describe why she is fun to watch. I mean, how else would one describe the Steiners or Nasties in the early 90s? Or the aforementioned JBL Clothesline? And unlike those dudes, who seemed to almost be malicious with their treatment of opponents (especially jobbers in the case of Steiners and ECW alumni in JBL's case), I don't think Fox's physicality comes from a bad place as much as someone (rightfully) instilled in her that "laying your shit in" isn't a bad thing. I could be way off too, but even for how vicious some of Fox's scissor kicks looked in the past, I'm not sure she's ever knocked anyone unconscious like Brie did a few weeks ago. So, yeah, Alicia Fox is a pretty underrated performer and I'm glad someone in the office recognized that before many of us came around to seeing it.