TLC 2018

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Childs said:

Rousey-Jax has been tremendous. The Ronda haters are such dopes, and Nia has great chemistry with her.

Nia's an odd one in that when she looks good (Ronda, Bayley, Asuka) she looks really good.  When she doesn't, she's just terrible.  Apparently all of Ronda's big matches are laid out and practiced for days on end beforehand.  I don't bring that up to knock Rousey or anyone she's paired with, as even with all the prep in the world you still need two (or more) performers to gou there and deliver.  I also get that you can't do this in all cases because of constantly touring, but why not do it more often when featuring limited workers?  

Just now, WingedEagle said:

Nia's an odd one in that when she looks good (Ronda, Bayley, Asuka) she looks really good.  When she doesn't, she's just terrible.  Apparently all of Ronda's big matches are laid out and practiced for days on end beforehand.  I don't bring that up to knock Rousey or anyone she's paired with, as even with all the prep in the world you still need two (or more) performers to gou there and deliver.  I also get that you can't do this in all cases because of constantly touring, but why not do it more often when featuring limited workers?  

Tbf to Ronda, she's great at the intangible stuff like selling in a way that can't really be rehearsed.

But yeah, there's no real reason not to lay out matches and go through them meticulously with people they don't trust so much to have a free reign. Lots of these guys would be better off with less TV time anyway.