Pro Wrestling Only

TLC 2018

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that they just kill Asuka together before this goes off the air though.

EDIT: They do not. It's nice when they actually tell a story over a number of months for a change though.The Raw/Smackdown separation lets them do it here. They don't have to do it week by week so they're not going to screw it up by default. (And don't give me that the Reigns vs Brock set up over x years was any sort of storytelling at all. It wasn't).

I didn't watch the preshow. On the main show, Orton/Mysterio wasn't great but had a few cool spots. MMC was fine, whatever. The Braun stuff made the fans happy. Nattie stuff made the fans happy. Finn/Drew match was boring. Tag match was pretty good. Ronda/Jax was pretty good. Ronda did a step up knee that was super sick. Bryan/Styles was great. Ambrose/Seth was the worst match on the card & damn near killed the crowd. Main event women were awesome.

More bad than good, two great matches & laying the foundation for the future. Going in without any expectations, it was a thumbs up.

Announcing on RAW that Vince McMahon is coming back & there's a Finn/Dolph match cracked me up though.

Just caught Ronda vs Nia. There were some moments of hesitation or timing things (not all of them on Ronda) that felt just a little off, but in general, it was fun. I really love the facebreaker. I'm probably the only person in the world who thinks the heart punch is incredible. You can do so much built around one strike (or simple hold) that's a KO blow, be it the heart punch or maybe Mulligan's claw or what not. I love whenever Buddy Rose was in there against Stan Stasiak for instance, and how he was just terrified of the heart punch. I actually don't think they went to that well enough. They teased it at the beginning and it played into the finish but I would have liked a couple of other near misses. As always, probably my favorite thing about Rousey, past the fact that she's leaning into the tricked out holds instead of running from them like Angle, is how she reacts to things. She's one of the best on the roster already at reacting to getting only a two count. She could absolutely coast while being far less emotive but she just gives herself over completely to it instead. 

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

@SomethingSavage no doubt taking a victory lap this very moment.

Why sure!

Seth is absolute shit. And he has been for a long, long time. Even his portion of that gauntlet match at the start of the year was VASTLY overrated. Same goes for the Raw match with Finn a week or two removed from that.

Miz and Elias (of all people) were the only two people to drag Rollins to anything remotely "good" all year, and both instances were because they had guys operating & functioning as traditional heels there. They slowed him the fuck down and told a story (how about that?).

Left to his own devices, THIS match with Dean is the sort of horse shit he'll produce though. Mygoddamngod, it's truly fucking awful.

He hovers around & haunts us like the specter of every terrible Davey Richards trait imaginable, yet people are still somehow convinced he should be in main events again. People confuse a couple of crowd reactions for being over.

Seth Rollins is not over. Hell, he's barely a character or a personality at all. People don't connect or invest in anything to do with Seth Rollins. They cheer exciting moves and scream along at his entrance. That's it.

Seth Rollins can't convey emotion, stakes, drama, or hatred to save his fucking life. He showed that in the original Ambrose feud. And again in this one. And it was on FULL display in the Triple H program, for sure. He wrestled what should have been a heated grudge match like it was just another exhibition at the Rex Plex.

Dude just doesn't get it. He may be athletic as fuck. And maybe he can flip tires or Crossfit his heart out. But pro wrestling just ain't his jam, man.

I offer up that familiar long-winded rant, but it really all comes down to this: Seth Rollins is the ultimate example of a pro wrestler who is all motion & zero emotion. One is effective for killing time. The other is effective for drawing money, drawing interest, and sustaining both of those things.

In closing. Seth Rollins is absolute shit. I'd rest my case, but we all know next month will just provide more evidence to support the facts.

Good times!

To me, Seth is a good highspot guy and he's popular enough so it seems that his most logical position would be as the hot tag guy in a tag team act. If WWE actually took tag team wrestling seriously on a consistent basis, that wouldn't even be that much of a demotion. I've no idea why they can't just keep him and Ambrose together as a tag team and build those belts up because they're so much better when they're in that format than when they're trying to do the self-conscious epic main event stuff.

Seth Rollins as cosplay HHH in 2015 was abysmal. Him doing cosplay geriatric Shawn dramatics last night was just as bad. Just stick him in a damn tag team and don't push him above his station.