All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's only a story because it's Punk. The talent pool for pro wrestlers on that level is pretty small and they all know each other. AEW/NJ talent pops up backstage at WWE shows when they're in the same area, plenty of WWE people have been backstage and doing dinners with AEW talent. 

The real sus part is that he was visiting "friends". 

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

To me the funniest part of the story is that Punk would go visit the company he felt tried to kill him when it's in theory being run by the man he famously doesn't like. Yeah you can say he was visiting friends but it felt like poking the hornet's nest with a stick, the fuck you think was gonna happen?

That's what makes this thing entertaining to follow, at least to me. When Starks hangs out backstage with Cody it's covered but never treated as a big deal, but with all the fuckery Punk brings and the current situation he's in with AEW, it's bound to create overblown controversy and I'm here for it :lol:

It is more than likely he has done some kind of work on himself. Either via his wife's need and interest in therapy and/or AEW HR mandating some kind of anger management type training. 

Obviously there's Wrestling politics motivations PR wise and selling yourself to AEW management, the locker room and the fans you are the reasonable one and capable of self reflection. 

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

What I read was that they met and smoothed things over since Punk has publicly talked shit about Miz for years.

He's come to realize that his remark during the MJF feud was a step too far, and a bold faced lie! Punk realized Max ain't on Miz's level and Mike Mizanin was a better champ than MJF is currently. Of course Miz, being the noble gentleman, accepted Punk's apologies. Wow!

On 4/28/2023 at 5:14 AM, strobogo said:

Has Starks even had a match on TV since beating Jericho again? Will Adam Cole be the first to not suffer from the clout vampire? 

It really is amazing. Has there ever been a “top guy” that it’s less advantageous and more derailing to work with than Chris Jericho? At least the Codyverse was wacky and unpredictable.

35 minutes ago, MoS said:

That's really impressive, and makes me think they might sell 50k or even 60k by the day of the event 

I think they might have 50K by the end of Friday. Meltz has talked about how its mostly early buyers for AEW, so my gut is 60K is plausible but 70K might be out of reach (unless the early demand activates heavy scalper activity).

WCW's highest was around 41k for the Hogan-Goldberg match (that btw got sold beforehead, before the pronouncements cluld take shsape, the careers of Ken Shamrock, alongside both Vince AND Hogan suffered in terms of and most tickets were sold), right?