Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/15 - 04/21: Superstar Shakeup but the real Shakeup is a country who arrests and beats up its teachers

KawadaSmile

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Still don't get the Iiconics. The spelling makes me mad. Laughing at their own jokes so much and doing c-movie level acting makes me mad. And they aren't very good in the ring.

THANK YOU.  This X 1000.  I am so sick of seeing people praise them, as if the fact that they can't wrestle well and their promos suck are somehow part of their gimmick.  Being bad at your job isn't a gimmick, it just means you're bad at your job.  It really says something about the state of Pro Wrestling and WWE in particular when fans confuse heels being annoyingly bad as some sort of perverse "heat."

3 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Still don't get the Iiconics. The spelling makes me mad. Laughing at their own jokes so much and doing c-movie level acting makes me mad. And they aren't very good in the ring.

Yeah I really don't get them either but we seem to be in the minority online.  Their fan base is incredibly loyal (understandably) and don't like it when they are criticized at all

2 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

THANK YOU.  This X 1000.  I am so sick of seeing people praise them, as if the fact that they can't wrestle well and their promos suck are somehow part of their gimmick.  Being bad at your job isn't a gimmick, it just means you're bad at your job.  It really says something about the state of Pro Wrestling and WWE in particular when fans confuse heels being annoyingly bad as some sort of perverse "heat."

Most people seem to get it with Corbin, but I think Corbin is way better at what he does.

9 minutes ago, Strummer said:

lol Lars moved again.  I swear they announced him official to Raw last night.  Now he's SD

I was just wondering about that.  Nothing says that the brand split and shakeup means absolutely nothing more than having the announcers make a huge deal about Lars being exclusive to Raw last night - only to have him show up on Smackdown tonight.  I think they're doing this shakeup based on a drunk monkey throwing darts at pictures of the roster. 

And then the monkey writes the show.

Just now, Charles (Loss) said:

Spared for at least not defending the spelling.

Haha. What can I say? I have a soft spot for Brit and Aussie accents, and I think they're fun together. Their silly shtick makes me smile. Iconic Duo was a much better name though. Was there a rights issue with it?

42 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Most people seem to get it with Corbin, but I think Corbin is way better at what he does.

Agreed. I don't like Corbin at all, but his work and especially his promo delivery is miles ahead of the IIconics.  Corbin is capable of talking, and one day might even be able to be carried to a watchable match.  Those two?  I think not.

6 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Makes you wonder what would've happened if Neville and Aries were a little more patient. 

To be fair, I think Murphy actually wants this job.  Neville apparently just didn't care, and Aries is well...Aries.  I don't know how anybody expected him to last based on his history.

1 minute ago, Strummer said:

Criticizing the Iiconics seems to be akin to saying anything remotely negative about .Benoit/Guerrero/Malenko circa 97-99.  Yeah probably hyperbole but not that far off 

Surely you can't be serious...

GiFAakI.gif

4 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

To be fair, I think Murphy actually wants this job.  Neville apparently just didn't care, and Aries is well...Aries.  I don't know how anybody expected him to last based on his history.

Good point. Aries and Low Ki are career malcontents and two people I would never, ever hire under any circumstances. I hope AEW doesn't waste everyone's time with either.

I'm not sure what happened with Neville, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.