Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/15 - 04/21: Superstar Shakeup but the real Shakeup is a country who arrests and beats up its teachers

KawadaSmile

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just assumed Bryan is doing the "ex champion goes away to stew about losing his title" deal while they reshuffle the deck on both shows.  I'd think any injury would have come out by now, and there's no need to start his next program immediately when they have so many other irons in the fire. 

Also, not to incur the wrath of the bossman, wasn't the deal with the IIconics some sort of copyright issue? They were the Iconic Duo in NXT and I seem to remember they were supposed to have that name on the main roster, but someone found out it was already claimed by someone else. Doesn't make the spelling any less stupid, but at least there was a story behind it. 

I have zero desire to see Bryan vs. Roman in any capacity. People quickly forget how middling their last encounter was.

Bryan vs. AJ is the money feud here.

Roman is better suited feuding with other opponents. I assume a PPV squash victory over Elias is first on the docket.

Guys, it's worth noting that Brie and Bryan got married April 11th of 2014. Given that's barely one week after their 5th birthday, it's pretty fair to assume that he must be on vacation.

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

I have zero desire to see Bryan vs. Roman in any capacity. People quickly forget how middling their last encounter was.

That's quite the take, bubba

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I just assumed Bryan is doing the "ex champion goes away to stew about losing his title" deal while they reshuffle the deck on both shows.  I'd think any injury would have come out by now, and there's no need to start his next program immediately when they have so many other irons in the fire. 

Also, not to incur the wrath of the bossman, wasn't the deal with the IIconics some sort of copyright issue? They were the Iconic Duo in NXT and I seem to remember they were supposed to have that name on the main roster, but someone found out it was already claimed by someone else. Doesn't make the spelling any less stupid, but at least there was a story behind it. 

Why didn't they call them "The Iconic Experience?"  The name is right there!

Oh and change their names to "Kay" and "Pey" because otherwise it's too confusing.

3 minutes ago, C.S. said:

All I remember is the amazing Fastlane match between Bryan and Roman and disappointment after disappointment from Bryan and AJ???

9 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Exactly. Copyright law is how we are getting shit like IIconics and The Viking Experience. The Roman numeral is actually a solid way to create a valid WWE property, but of course none of that matters to us as fans since the names are terrible.

1 minute ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Ok, now I need to know if "Sycho Sid" was a copyright issue. I just assumed they thought "psycho" was too complicated a spelling for their fanbase because the "p" was silent.

Never thought of that. They even ripped his song straight from the film series. Also, they love their force alliteration. 

"The P gets in the way" - yeah, I could totally see that

Yeah, @C.S. pretty sure you're gonna fuck up a rotator cuff reaching that far with this new hot take of yours, brutha. Nobody "quickly forgets" how middling it was because, ya know, it wasn't. People were just still butthurt over the Roman push is all.

No moneys were to be found in that AJ/Bryan series we just saw, despite a decent outing or two in the beginning (although that was mostly due to Bryan finding his footing as a refreshed heel as it progressed).

And Roman/Bryan is untapped earth if they're able to explore the new face/heel dynamic to its fullest. Their Fastlane match was pretty great tbh, and it's a much fresher pairing than another tedious attempt at Styles/Bryan so soon.

Just now, The Thread Killer said:

I hate to say this, and I hope it isn't true...but based on not just the Daniel Bryan series but the entire past year, I'm starting to worry that AJ Styles might have passed his "best before" date.

He probably has. He at least established himself in WWE and is now a big star after spending a lot of years working really hard and not making much money, so if he's not able to be AJ Styles every time out anymore, good for him if he can get a few more years of big money off of his name.

2 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Liv Morgan, Chad Gable, Apollo Crews and Mickie James moved to SD in moves off TV

Oh man, I hope they have plans for Gable.  Otherwise he was probably better off in that team with Roode.  Which also begs the question, why have them just turn heel two weeks ago, if they're splitting them up anyway?

Just now, Charles (Loss) said:

He probably has. He at least established himself in WWE and is now a big star after spending a lot of years working really hard and not making much money, so if he's not able to be AJ Styles every time out anymore, good for him if he can get a few more years of big money off of his name.

I would certainly not begrudge him that.  In WWE he won't have to kill himself every time out like he would in AEW, New Japan or the Indies.  Not to mention, if anybody earned the right to coast on their reputation into retirement, it's AJ.

1 minute ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Gable strikes me as someone they occasionally come up with small ideas for but then quickly either forget about or lose interest in. I like him a lot as a heel with a major Napoelon complex.

I know this sounds dumb and it never would have happened, but I would've loved to see Balor, Gable and EY end up on 205 Live.  And then they could move Tony Nese to Main Event.

2 minutes ago, Strummer said:

With the lack of star power in the division on Raw now Alexa is probably in line for another big push.  They pretty much have to at this point unless they really are .ALL IN on Lacey

Spoiler alert: they are all in on Lacey.

26 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Roman is better suited feuding with other opponents. I assume a PPV squash victory over Elias is first on the docket.

Most people, myself included, REALLY liked their Fastlane lane. That's why we want to see more.

We got Bryan vs AJ for 5 months....

Just now, Charles (Loss) said:

What's funny is that their reasons for liking her so much do make sense in terms of a compelling real life story, but they never talk about that story on WWE TV because they've decided to go with her as a gimmick instead.

Unfortunately, that's nothing new. They think you can sell the "real life" story on Good Morning America or at worst, The Network, while Vince has his fun time on TV.